Jerac

The Tribute to The Razor Crest - Released!

Razor Crest Update #1!

I believe that's final design. Roof is now properly flattened, while still retaining minscule but noticeable wing angle, section behind the cockpit has been changed for better shape, and engines were updated thanks to ScottishDave's input on Eurobricks. 

Now I need to update the studio model (not too hard, should be few hours at worst) and I can get to making instructions. In the meantime, Brickvault will commence their internal review to ensure there are no flaws in the model, parts lists or instructions.

I'd like to thank everyone who preordered, commented and liked - fantastic support from you all!

Stay tuned for future updates!

2iWXJBT.pngVS2tBqm.pngaHhrWVI.pngOjB2u7A.png6gB1Nf3.pngdGDESne.png

Tn4reek.png

On 12/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, l0renZo said:

I looked on bricklink for the canopy out of curiosity. And I only saw 2 available! But I imagine that in time there will be more.

Actually, not even one left for now ?

I guess razor crest mocs are popular right now, i might buy the set to avoid the hassle once it will be available again ?‍♂️

@Lfm55 Yes they are everywhere.

Personally, I was waiting for Lego to come out with a UCS (it's only a matter of time in my opinion). But when I saw this one I realized that Lego wouldn't sell such a detailed one, so I immediately pre-ordered it and bought a canopy on Bricklink.

Now, this one is even better with the update, thanks for that Jerac!

I think I've decided I need this. Haha Only thing I wanna change is making the tan on the side of the ship to dark tan. Excellent build though! Can't wait to see it next to the UCS Falcon. :D

Okay,  now i have got the trouble on tatooine set and the canopy,

when the part list release, the fun on bricklink can begin :)

12 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Okay,  now i have got the trouble on tatooine set and the canopy,

when the part list release, the fun on bricklink can begin :)

Bricklink will be the painful part...?

Based on the design and internal structure, does this ship have the ability to be modified to accomidate room behind the cockpit with a ladder going down to the area?

Not a huge deal, but I did purchase the canopy now that LEGO restocked the set and a bricklink seller had it for $8. 

No, at least not easily. I apologize.

In general I sacrificed that feature for easier and safer handling of the model.

hV5npuL.png

Yellow area is the frame. 

Red dots are connection points for the angled sections.

The upper section of the frame is directly where the rear room would be and it also serves as connection points for the angled sections on the sides.
You could probably thin out the frame to incorporate that room, but it won't be easy and for sure will lessen general structural integrity of the ship. 

I was considering doing it, but the way those "cheek" areas are attached makes them hard - if not impossible - to easily remove for access to this section. So even though there is some space under the cockpit and you put a fig there, it is very hard to access.

That is one crazy cross section. I guess when I built this model I would have to play around with it. The only way to figure it out would test your structural frame. Thanks for the reply. The ship is amazing in design and I wouldn't even try to build my own version. This will be my definitive version. I still have not built the Millennium Falcon because people keep improving it and soon the Marshal Banana version will have instructions. I love how everything on this model is built without stickers. I saw those yellow stripes on the ship and am glad you did this with bricks. 

We have finished testing phase, I am doing final fixes in instructions and BV are doing some final preparations.
Most importantly the physical model is 100% done and tested.

I'd say week or two.

24 minutes ago, Jerac said:

We have finished testing phase, I am doing final fixes in instructions and BV are doing some final preparations.
Most importantly the physical model is 100% done and tested.

I'd say week or two.

Sweet! Thanks man. I appreciate the reply. :) 

59 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

Awesome - this is going to be my first build of 2021....

You and me both! Haha Most our house is packed up. Have to wait till we find a new one. 😝

I did received the instructions link this morning! 

check your mail people 😁

The gathering of parts has began....as soon as the kids are back into school I shall start working through my spares stash in the loft and see what I have already and the fun can commence....

Same here,

I gonna go through my stash tonight and yet did a small order on brick and pieces for some of the parts needed in big quantity.

The lego website is awfull to use and doesn’t even have lbg 1x2 plates.. (285 needed)

Ah yes. The humble 1x2 plate. You can have your fancy 1x1 brackets, posing stands, cheese slopes, travis bricks... but when there is a REAL job to be done, 1x2 plates are doing the heavy lifting.

If you encounter any issues please tell me - those weren't easy instructions to make (or render). Studio is barely working at such piece counts. We did check all we could but given the scope there will be some issues here and there.

Edited by Jerac

I am seeing 2k PLN for EU and 2.5k for NA market.

4PLN is roughtly 1$.

Those are my settings (shows "anywhere" but would be same for european union):
gMNdo1M.png

...and that's NA:
HP1npsz.png

I advise you to mark most expensive stores as "disliked", this alone can bring prices down significantly.