johnnym

[MOC] RC/manual wrecker and car transport trailer

It's been some time since I provided an update on models from my Turbo Racers vs. Police Interceptors series here, most (22 cars + variations and a "dyno") are on Rebrickable now:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/?tag=10127&include_accessory=on&include_bmodel=on&include_subset=on

Because the models I want to present today are not strictly racing, I thought about starting a new thread for them:

TG Power wrecker

800x600.jpg

This is a wrecker truck based on a modified body of the F A H R  T-Laster with the following functionality:

• Selectable AWD/RWD (propelled by RC Buggy motor (Chinese replica installed ATM), steering by PF Servo motor, power and control by a BuWizz 2.0)
  • manual front winch
  • manual rear boom (closely based on the one from the 42079 B model but with manual double winch)
  • rear PTO (motorized by PF M motor)
  • rear towing hitch

Colors are not final yet, e.g. the currently red boom mechanis will become LBG.

This wrecker is pretty fast. I experimented with the new diffs to make it stronger instead, but I couldn't avoid gear slipping with a 12z bevel gear against the 28z bevel gear of the rear diff when driving it perpendicular. The propulsion motor then sat half a stud higher but was still only kept in place by pins and could be pushed up over time.

Do others perhaps experience gear slipping with the new diff when driving it with a 12z bevel gear in perpendicular fashion? Can this work reliably at all?

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

This video shows an application for the PTO, i.e. driving a small car lift:

Car transport trailer

800x600.jpg

This features:

• double winch at the front for pulling cars onto the platform (can be driven manually or from a PTO)
  • tiltable platform (using two small LAs, manually driven)
  • extendible ramps

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Except for the coloring I consider it pretty final.

Hope you like it.

Edited by johnnym
pictures got lost from the post, readded pictures (hopefully the correct ones from the original post)

Thanks @Void_S! I usually prefer the old style panels - which interestingly were also used as seat in 8041/42041 for example - but in this case for the rear end I wanted to have it in an "all of a piece" fashion. Though that did not work completely for the sides, it continues the lines of the truck bed (not sure if it's also called that on wrecker trucks, sorry I'm not a native speaker) much better than the old style panels would have..

Not a fan of the big flat bonnet I think it cheapens the rest of the styling which looks seriously awesome  :thumbup: love the PTO idea.

Interesting design, specific, nice looking.

That blue one looks really inetresting, but can't find pictures also on rebrickable.

22 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I like your style of bodywork :thumbup: .

Thanks a lot!

16 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Not a fan of the big flat bonnet I think it cheapens the rest of the styling which looks seriously awesome  :thumbup: love the PTO idea.

Also thanks! Glad you llike it.

About the bonnet, yeah, I think I could have made it more detailed (already on the original T-Laster body, which became very simple in the end). But I think it also fits the rest of the wrecker well. What would you add? Some hood scoops or a power dome? :sweet: Such things can surely be arranged! But because of the planned backstory I can't deviate too much from the original T-Laster, so the basic shape should be kept.

And the PTO was actually the last mechanism I added and It just barely fits, so I was glad it worked out.

15 hours ago, Jurss said:

Interesting design, specific, nice looking.

That blue one looks really inetresting, but can't find pictures also on rebrickable.

Thx! Yeah, the blue one is not yet published. I'm still unsure if I can replicate it in Studio, it uses a lot of rubber connectors and angles. I'll do some photos and send you a PM.

Small update: Both models are "finished" for now and available on Rebrickable (incl. digital models):

In addition here's a super-short video showing the loading of a car onto the trailer with the help of the trailer's double winch powered by the PTO of the wrecker:

@MangaNOID: What do you think about these hood scoops on the wrecker? They didn't make it into the model on Rebrickable but will most likely be included into the race pickup I plan to create from the wrecker. Or maybe - because they could be used on mutliple cars depending on their size and I already have a few different versions - they will be offered as separate models as tuning options for the Turbo Racers.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg