legotownlinz

Flawed - Mouldking 12001 Qinghai–Tibet Railway Train

1 hour ago, legotownlinz said:

Very interesting. It explains why the quality of the bricks is on par with Lego's. If only they handled the bricks more carefully to avoid the scratches...

Is Bluebrixx using Gobricks parts?

Unfortunately no. As far as I know, mostly Lele for the bricks and CaDa for the PF parts.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:46 PM, legotownlinz said:

I don't think the wheels are worse than the Lego wheels, they are identical. For the coaches, the new plastic wheel type without metal axle is used.

I made tests today and must correct myself. The Lego wheel, although visually identical, are at least twice as good. And the old Lego wheels with metal axle are much better than the pastic-only wheels. I'm now using the metal axle wheels and now the coaches run quite well.

Unfortunately I found no solution for the middle axle of the three-axle-bogies yet nor a solution to increase the speed. Are there good reference designs for three-axle-bogies? I guess many people with more talent already thought about it...

15 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

Unfortunately I found no solution for the middle axle of the three-axle-bogies yet nor a solution to increase the speed. Are there good reference designs for three-axle-bogies? I guess many people with more talent already thought about it...

Three-axle-bogies? Sure. Use LEGO L-motors and feed them more voltage than the specified 9v. The motor circuit drive can handle up to 10.5v continuously and more in short bursts. More voltage, more rotations. 20 tooth to 12 tooth upgearing helps too.

Either one or two LEGO AAA battery boxes with 6 x 1.6v NiZn rechargeable batteries or one or two BuWizz battery boxes (up to 10.2v) can provide the needed voltage for reasonable speeds even with heavy loads.

The BlueBrixx PF L-motor is noticeable faster than the LEGO one and still with decent torque but draws much more current so doesn't handle higher voltage well. Standard AAA or LiPo rechargeable batteries work best with those.

The Mould King L-motors are gash but I don't need to tell you that. High rotations but no torque to speak of and will stall and quickly overheat with medium to heavy loads.

2 x BlueBrixx L-motors run by 1 x BuWizz battery box at maximum normal speed or 7.4v :classic:

The three-axle bogies look like this:

50142979573_b143ba3944_b.jpg

Edited by dtomsen

Dennis, your bogie looks good. What part are you using for the unflanged wheels at the middle axle?

7 hours ago, bogieman said:

Dennis, your bogie looks good. What part are you using for the unflanged wheels at the middle axle?

Black 47576 Hockey Puck, Small

Unfortunately another part which has become very rare and gone insanely up in price in recent years :cry_sad:

Hopefully someone will make 3D printed standard train wheel sized blind flanks someday. We need those :classic:

Edited by dtomsen

20 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

Just omit the middle wheel for now. No one will notice when the train is running and they have to look very close to spot it when the train is stopped. Even many O-gauge locomotives use this trick.

As for the speed, the simplest solution is to use train motors to replace the brick built trucks. It might not look as good, but it it is probably the simplest fix.

9 hours ago, dtomsen said:

Black 47576 Hockey Puck, Small

Unfortunately another part which has become very rare and gone insanely up in price in recent years :cry_sad:

Hopefully someone will make 3D printed standard train wheel sized blind flanks someday. We need those :classic:

Thanks for that link, I wasn't aware of that part. For some 3 axle coach bogies, I machined the flanges off on some metal axle wheels (I have a lathe) but in my case with 8 wide pedestal primary suspension bogies, as Zephyr notes, the middle wheels are mostly invisible so its easiest to just run without them. For a 6 axle locomotive, it insures all the weight is on the driven axles so maybe that's the best solution.

Indeed!

54 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Just omit the middle wheel for now. No one will notice when the train is running and they have to look very close to spot it when the train is stopped.

No chance, it would drive me mad knowing that the wheel is missing. :laugh:

Maybe I'm milling the Lego wheels to remove the flange, that should give the best look.

19 hours ago, dtomsen said:

Three-axle-bogies? Sure. Use LEGO L-motors and feed them more voltage than the specified 9v. The motor circuit drive can handle up to 10.5v continuously and more in short bursts. More voltage, more rotations. 20 tooth to 12 tooth upgearing helps too.

Either one or two LEGO AAA battery boxes with 6 x 1.6v NiZn rechargeable batteries or one or two BuWizz battery boxes (up to 10.2v) can provide the needed voltage for reasonable speeds even with heavy loads.

The BlueBrixx PF L-motor is noticeable faster than the LEGO one and still with decent torque but draws much more current so doesn't handle higher voltage well. Standard AAA or LiPo rechargeable batteries work best with those.

The Mould King L-motors are gash but I don't need to tell you that. High rotations but no torque to speak of and will stall and quickly overheat with medium to heavy loads.

2 x BlueBrixx L-motors run by 1 x BuWizz battery box at maximum normal speed or 7.4v 

Thanks for sharing all these details!

Wow, that's a really expensive part.

21 hours ago, dr_spock said:

You could use LEGO to remove the LEGO train wheel flange.  :pir-classic:

lego_lathe.jpg

You've invented the lego torture chamber! *oh2* Is that what you do to your megabloks?

Back on topic...

13 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

Why not try a 2x2 “donut” tile in black + a 2x2 round plate?

Brilliant solution

On 12/18/2020 at 10:45 AM, zephyr1934 said:

You've invented the lego torture chamber! *oh2* Is that what you do to your megabloks?

It's my LEGO version of a railroad's train wheel profiling machine.  Train wheels have to be regularly inspected and reprofiled as needed.  :classic:

393.jpg

Hello Guys:

I'm the designer of this train, you can see it from my profile photo. I just see this posting and thank you for all of your complains and suggestions.  About this train, I have some words to share with you.  I cooperated with Modul King to product my MOCs, this is one of first batch production. The other two is QJ steam engine and CRH2A high speed train.

02.jpg01.jpg00.jpg

Firstly, I'm guarantee that the part quality is nearly same with Lego. I ever visited Gobrick's factory. The machines, the scale and management of factory is same with Lego Jia Xing Factory in China. So please don't compare us with LePin. Most Chinese players also don't like LePin, his parts is worst and he only knows to stole other's design.  In fact, Chinese Government already clamped down LePin now. 

Secondly, your complains about the power system is true exist, this flaw is only happened in Tibet train. That is because lacking of experience of transform the MOC to the production. when I test the sample, it run well. But after sale, some people run well and some don't run well. I think my design of  transmission system with XL motor maybe not stable enough. We will make more test before sale in future's products. And also welcome all of your to give me some ideals to improve it. 

Finally, I hope your understanding and supporting. My wish is let more people can play the brick train with lower price, as you mention below, Lego is make little attention to train. Now, Module King give me this opportunity. His R&D ability is strong, more components for fun are designed now, include sound effect, smoking effect, curve track with different radian etc. I firmly believe our production will more and more better.

Best Regards

Marbleman

Well, unfortunatly Mould King is Not only the King of Stolen MOCs, but also quite good at copying Lego Sets. Monarch Star Destroyer anyone?

Hey Marbleman, 

My QJ is somewhere in a container ship on its way to my house. When it arrives here I will try to make a little review of it aswell.

I really like the looks, and will test how well it drives. Are you also planning on more wagons and coaches? and fix the colors of the stickers of the QJ.

Back to topic, thank you Legotownlinz for the review, I was already debating for some weeks to order one of there trains, this one or the QJ. And hearing here about the good quality of most normal parts let my decide to give it a try. And for the electronics is still have some spare lego ones i will try if from the QJ they arnt working that well, same with axles

While I'm highly suspicious about the whole thing and companies like these in general, mainly due to their stealing of intellectual property to make a profit, the smoke effect thingy good me hooked - no idea if that's too much for the hobby, like some mentioned with the new BMR couplers, and not sure whether I want some device creating fumes I do know nothing about in my flat, it does sound intriguing.

Curious what you mean about the clutch power being "better" than Lego's. It's not a metric for which stronger necessarily equals better—Lego parts are designed to both hold together securely while also separating neatly and without too much exertion. My personal experience with clone brands (limited as it is) has often found parts fitting together too tightly to be just as big of an issue as parts being too loose (worst of all is when both issues are present in the same set, in the case of the more inconsistent brands).

5 hours ago, Amoreternum said:

the smoke effect thingy good me hooked - no idea if that's too much for the hobby, like some mentioned with the new BMR couplers, and not sure whether I want some device creating fumes I do know nothing about in my flat, it does sound intriguing.

Nowadays the fluid that makes the smoke is pretty much vape juice isn't it? Obviously without flavorings or nicotine (there's a way to get kicked out of a convention, getting kids hooked on donut-flavored vapes from the fun toy train...)

My granddad's O-gauge trains had a small bottle of anonymous white tablets which produced a similar effect. Though this bottle was old enough that vapes weren't invented yet, so it was probably some unholy blend of asbestos and lead with used engine oil as a binder.

8 hours ago, Phoxtane said:

Nowadays the fluid that makes the smoke is pretty much vape juice isn't it? Obviously without flavorings or nicotine (there's a way to get kicked out of a convention, getting kids hooked on donut-flavored vapes from the fun toy train...)

My granddad's O-gauge trains had a small bottle of anonymous white tablets which produced a similar effect. Though this bottle was old enough that vapes weren't invented yet, so it was probably some unholy blend of asbestos and lead with used engine oil as a binder.

I'm not too familiar with these things, that I have to admit, but I think you're right although I know some manufacturers use scents of for example pine in their products.

And the second thing you mention is exactly what I'm worried about.

19 hours ago, Janeau said:

Hey Marbleman, 

My QJ is somewhere in a container ship on its way to my house. When it arrives here I will try to make a little review of it aswell.

I really like the looks, and will test how well it drives. Are you also planning on more wagons and coaches? and fix the colors of the stickers of the QJ.

Back to topic, thank you Legotownlinz for the review, I was already debating for some weeks to order one of there trains, this one or the QJ. And hearing here about the good quality of most normal parts let my decide to give it a try. And for the electronics is still have some spare lego ones i will try if from the QJ they arnt working that well, same with axles

Thank you for supporting. The stick problem is manufacture issue, they have corrected it now, but if you still received wrong color sticker, please ask customer service to send correct sticker to you. The power of QJ is very strong, because it use double L motor, and L motor of Module King is upgraded power than Lego. 

5 hours ago, Amoreternum said:

I'm not too familiar with these things, that I have to admit, but I think you're right although I know some manufacturers use scents of for example pine in their products.

And the second thing you mention is exactly what I'm worried about.

Here is the photo of  smoke component, it just need water.

03.jpg

If you want know the theory of smoking, please see my previous topic,

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/135094-upgrade-smoking-effect-to-my-qj-locomotive/

4 hours ago, marbleman said:

Thank you for supporting. The stick problem is manufacture issue, they have corrected it now, but if you still received wrong color sticker, please ask customer service to send correct sticker to you. The power of QJ is very strong, because it use double L motor, and L motor of Module King is upgraded power than Lego. 

Here is the photo of  smoke component, it just need water.

03.jpg

If you want know the theory of smoking, please see my previous topic,

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/135094-upgrade-smoking-effect-to-my-qj-locomotive/

This is amazing. Can these be purchased individually, and are they compatible with PF?

On 12/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, marbleman said:

Firstly, I'm guarantee that the part quality is nearly same with Lego. I ever visited Gobrick's factory. The machines, the scale and management of factory is same with Lego Jia Xing Factory in China. So please don't compare us with LePin. Most Chinese players also don't like LePin, his parts is worst and he only knows to stole other's design.  In fact, Chinese Government already clamped down LePin now.

Thanks for this info and your insights.   The nature of the evolving 3rd party scene, as to who is working where, can be confusing to the English-speaking Lego community.

Edited by CopperTablet