Hello everyone

I would like to present you my latest MOC - PF Forklift.

Features drive, steering, lifting and tilting via PF motors. 

I used PF XL for driving and lifting and PF M for steering and tilting. 

The idea was initially to use part 18942 and the model somehow evolved around it. 

All the functions except for drive are clutched to prevent damage to parts, maximum lifting weight when clutched is around 500g. 

Every feedback is appreciated.

Lego RC Forklift MOC - YouTube 

YS8M3kl.jpg

uiyQUN4.jpg

zQ4SUKb.jpg

N4coGL6.jpg

YSepVaw.jpg

I7JbI0I.jpg

w77hPop.jpg

G7pIsWx.jpg

Edited by shimon

Very nice and clean looking design. I also appreciate the use of the gear rack in the lifting mechanism, haven't seen it used much without the housing designed for it (and then almost always as an outrigger or crane boom).

Really like the smooth look of it and organized and symmetrical build. I would hate to be the operator and to drop the phone into that 5x11 orange tapered panel :wink:
Looking forward to the video!

Also, please resize your pics a bit, they are way to large.

Great build. I am always up for a forklift, and your design looks great.

I, like others, really like the integration of the system and technic bricks. Oftentimes the transition between the two looks rough, and by keeping flat surfaces consistent your design works great.

Thanks everyone! 

The orange panel indeed only available in the Osprey, bought it separate from BL, wasn't cheap.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

Very nice and clean looking design. I also appreciate the use of the gear rack in the lifting mechanism, haven't seen it used much without the housing designed for it (and then almost always as an outrigger or crane boom).

Thanks, the whole model evolved around the idea to couple these racks without the housing

52 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I like the bodywork but I want to see the part I like the most...

What part is it? 

45 minutes ago, Milan said:

Really like the smooth look of it and organized and symmetrical build. I would hate to be the operator and to drop the phone into that 5x11 orange tapered panel :wink:
Looking forward to the video!

Also, please resize your pics a bit, they are way to large.

Yes, I also thought about the gap in the orange panel :pir_laugh2:  Video is up. I'm not sure how to resize the images though

25 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great build. I am always up for a forklift, and your design looks great.

I, like others, really like the integration of the system and technic bricks. Oftentimes the transition between the two looks rough, and by keeping flat surfaces consistent your design works great.

Thanks! it wasn't easy to decide where to use system parts not to ruin the overall look. 

Very nice!

I have kevinmoo's forklift built up on the shelf (might rebuild it actually, was a fun one to do) but yours looks great too, and I like the idea of using that long gear rack as it's allowed the boom to be much slimmer and I guess it would run a little better (not that Km's is bad!)

Edited by amorti

It is great to see this type of "dual lifting" mechanism again. Lego did it 8415, but I like the look of your far more. Good presentation video too.

4 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

What I would love to see is the mechanics of how you packaged it all very compact. Very well executed moc. Functions and style. Well done.

Pictures are attached, tried to make the build as modular as possible while keeping sturdiness.

3 hours ago, amorti said:

Very nice!

I have kevinmoo's forklift built up on the shelf (might rebuild it actually, was a fun one to do) but yours looks great too, and I like the idea of using that long gear rack as it's allowed the boom to be much slimmer and I guess it would run a little better (not that Km's is bad!)

Thanks, it was a challenge to make the boom thin to give the driver proper view. 

3 hours ago, Lasse D said:

It is great to see this type of "dual lifting" mechanism again. Lego did it 8415, but I like the look of your far more. Good presentation video too.

Thnaks! 

bXjapn1.jpg

xif5EEa.jpg

mb8Gy4r.jpg

vbY7dcw.jpg

Lts38zR.jpg

This is awesome. You can’t even tell it a PF MOC. I love how realistic it looks, the functionality of it and the cleanliness. Well done.