Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

Look what was left on my desk this morning...

I got into work this morning to find a massive box of LEGO sitting there.

surprise.jpg

I haven't gone through it yet but just based on the stuff sitting on top it appears to at least contain copies of sets 1349 and 4094 and a load of football stuff, plus a load of other bits and bobs. All in pretty good condition.

Despite my insistence to the lady who left it for me, she doesn't want anything for it - but at the very least I will buy her a bottle of her favourite tipple as a thank-you.

Dr. S.

Aww, No one gives me stuff...

Do you have the Camera to that Studio Set?

Also...Could you send me some? :tongue:

Aww, No one gives me stuff...

Do you have the Camera to that Studio Set?

Also...Could you send me some? :tongue:

Yes, the camera is there, AND the CD with the software!

Dr. S.

Dr. S.

Wow...Thats the set my Bro always wanted, That along with the Gungan Sub...

Is it as good as it looks?

Wowe! Congrats, that is so lucky. I always did want that walking mokey to use as an evil villain vehicle, never got around to getting it though :cry_sad:

In the spirit of Indy month can I take it just as you are savoring sorting it... perjhaps with the help of an evil armed faction? :wink:

God Bless,

Nathan

In the spirit of Indy month can I take it just as you are savoring sorting it... perjhaps with the help of an evil armed faction? :wink:

God Bless,

Nathan

OK, but if you open the box, strange whirling ghosties and spirits will come out and melt you before slamming the lid shut again. :classic:

Dr. S.

Having now sifted through the whole lot, I am the proud owner of:

* My first ever Fabuland element! A large blue house with yellow windows...Alice can have that.

* My first ever Bionicle pieces! Shed-loads of them in fact...much weirdness there.

* What looks to be a complete football pitch - the type with the flicky springy doodads for the players.

* Lots of Technic bits and pieces.

* Some kind of white module thingy with buttons on it - don't know what the heck it is, it's similar to the one I got out of the first Star Wars Mindstorms kit but this one has no motor output - just some lights? More weirdness...I would put some batteries in it but it might be a trap...

* A small 4x4x3 motor (?) in a trans-clear box complete with a connection at the top for a cable link.

* A pirate-style shooty cannon - that's cool, one of my two pirate ships can have that.

* Set 1349 - 100% complete - yes, even the camera is there, and it works brilliantly, plus the software CD, baseplates, car, dinosaur - it's all there. The minifigs look like they've been tortured though... :-D

* Several hundred seemingly random LEGO elements, clearly from sets, there are Harry Potter bits in there, a few dislocated Star Wars pieces, some very old printed LEGO bricks, a couple of meteorites (?), various odds and sods - a few interesting pieces but that's about it.

Oh, and...

* Four CLONE bricks of indeterminate origin - but they feel a bit like they might be from an old Cobi "Blockmen" set. I swear, I only know this as someone once bought me a set. No really. OK, dammit, you're too good for me, so I once bought one of those sets myself - I was experimenting, confused. But it meant nothing! NOTHING! No...don't leave me! It won't happen again!

Dr. S.

I hate you :tongue:

All I had sitting on my desk this morning was more of the usual paperwork :sad:

Dr. S.

Well, the camera isn't that great. Low quality picture. And the software isn't that bad, but there are finer pieces out there.

Congrats on the gain!

Well, the camera isn't that great. Low quality picture. And the software isn't that bad, but there are finer pieces out there.

I know, but I am a sucker for anything with the brand on it.

Dr. S.

Hot damn, Tic Tac Toe! :laugh: Really though, great score there, Dr. S! It was very kind of that lady to give you that, I hope she enjoys her tipples! :grin:

I hate you :tongue:

All I had sitting on my desk this morning was more of the usual paperwork :sad:

All I had sitting on my desk was an english exam. :sad::tongue:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

* Four CLONE bricks of indeterminate origin - but they feel a bit like they might be from an old Cobi "Blockmen" set. I swear, I only know this as someone once bought me a set. No really. OK, dammit, you're too good for me, so I once bought one of those sets myself - I was experimenting, confused. But it meant nothing! NOTHING! No...don't leave me! It won't happen again!

Dr. S.

Blockmen? Blockmen? BLOCKMEN?!?!?!?

You sir, make me SICK!!! :sick:

And you bought them yourself? How inslting! Nah, 'm just kidding, We all have a few imitation brand-bricks thrown in here and there, though, I have a Megablocks Castle (Which, it basic structure is made out of, sadly, just 3 pieces, 2 towers, and 1 main part of the castle) which I got from my aunt and uncle once, long ago. :laugh:

* Some kind of white module thingy with buttons on it - don't know what the heck it is, it's similar to the one I got out of the first Star Wars Mindstorms kit but this one has no motor output - just some lights? More weirdness...I would put some batteries in it but it might be a trap...

If it looks like thisthen it's also supposed to make sounds as well. It came in some of the space port sets from 1999. That's where those meteorites came from, or are they trans blue? Then those probably came in the arctic sets from a year after. Hope that helps.

:cry_happy: lucky you! i remember when i got a free LEGO movie set hiding under my bed for easter... good times.

A colleague of mine gave me last year his Lego (from his youth). It was including a mint 1525 truck and several other great sets. Another older one gave me two mint boxes from '75, 364 and 365. It happened quite a few times that people gave me their own collection. And every time, I'm smiling as a kid :blush: Thinking about it, I don't know any guy that never had Lego during his youth.

A colleague of mine gave me last year his Lego (from his youth). It was including a mint 1525 truck and several other great sets. Another older one gave me two mint boxes from '75, 364 and 365. It happened quite a few times that people gave me their own collection. And every time, I'm smiling as a kid :blush: Thinking about it, I don't know any guy that never had Lego during his youth.

You lucky lucky..... well me too I know no one who didn't grow up with lego :classic:

I like how people are soooo generous. Thank you people who give your lego to EB members and Lego fans!