Sign in to follow this  
Lira_Bricks

Design of three tail fox in Ninjago 70671

Hello,

I bought 70671 and I have two questions about the three tail fox:

1. Does someone know what the printed 4-digit number on the bottom of the left-front paw means? It has the format [digit][digit][letter][digit]
  2. The mold seems to be two parts glued/molted together, but at the end of the tail seems to be a little gap. Is that a tear that is going to become bigger and brake the mold, or is that little gap by design? Does someone else have this fox that can check this for me? I already tried to look in Bricklink Studio, but I could not find this piece. It is also really small, so I cannot get a picture of it, but I can see it when holding in front of something bright.

Not entirely sure what the number on the paw is. The Design/Element ID aren’t printed like that. Interestingly, I looked at the cougar I have, which is similar, and it has the same print but different numberX9. So it’s some type of ID for those animals. I wouldn’t worry about the gap, it seems just where the two sides meet. 

3 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

Hello,

I bought 70671 and I have two questions about the three tail fox:

1. Does someone know what the printed 4-digit number on the bottom of the left-front paw means? It has the format [digit][digit][letter][digit]
  2. The mold seems to be two parts glued/molted together, but at the end of the tail seems to be a little gap. Is that a tear that is going to become bigger and brake the mold, or is that little gap by design? Does someone else have this fox that can check this for me? I already tried to look in Bricklink Studio, but I could not find this piece. It is also really small, so I cannot get a picture of it, but I can see it when holding in front of something bright.

I don't have that specific part yet, but usually short sequences of numbers like that on Lego parts refer to which mold and individual cavity of the mold a part was produced in. That allows Lego to quickly identify the source of quality issues in the event of a quality control alert or customer service report.

As for the gap you describe, if it's as small as you say it sounds like it's just a visible seam from where the components were joined. I wouldn't worry about it growing larger unless it actually starts to do so.