sdrnet

Christmas living room

Here is a Christmas-style living room, with the crackling fireplace, the Christmas tree, the decorated coffee table and the gifts under the tree.
Santa looks out of the window ... I think he forgot his bag on the sofa! The cat has woken up and is looking at him from the window.
Merry Christmas everyone!

50701903881_d3cd157821_c.jpg

50701162018_41a3c63fc6_c.jpg

50701161978_a93ea3156c_c.jpg

50701161933_8561bdd954_c.jpg

Flickr Gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72157638506111644

Great details all over, plus bonus points for including some modulex.

This is so unbelievably lovely.

And it truly reminds me very much of how our family is "usually" celebrating Christmas at my parents in law place in Northern Germany: Fireplace, nicely decorated tree (revealed on the eve of the 24th - and with real candles), and the family gathering together: My wife, my two daughters, my mother-in-law, my brother- and sister-in-law, our dog and me. I would be the one playing with the bricks - even after 55 years I am getting them for Christmas. Not the big deals, rather models the family sees fit - even when they tell me every year: Don't you have enough? Where do you want to put them? It is all crammed in your attic. Well this year I said: No more LEGO. That though did not work out, as I was told it is impossible. One cannot just tell it is over after 55 years. OK. Can live with that.

Yes. This is a place where I would love to be for Christmas.

This year will be different. Very different.

And this turns your living room into our living room - it is such a nice and lovely place.

Thank you very much for sharing, it means a lot.

Have a very nice Christmas season.

Yours
Thorsten

This is so good! I love all the details, like the old boards alongside the logs in the woodpile, and the use of textured bricks to create the wallpaper!

Love this! Bonus points for the Modulex. Such a great & cozy looking scene. It’s nice that the family gave Santa options, cookies or carrots. :tongue: 

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

This year will be different. Very different.

And this turns your living room into our living room - it is such a nice and lovely place.

Thank you very much for sharing, it means a lot.

Have a very nice Christmas season.

Yours
Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten for your nice message. As you said, it will be a different Christmas from the others unfortunately but we hope that the magic of Christmas will come back between us and our families. With this little moc I wanted to bring that touch of Christmas tradition back into our homes.

5 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Adorable build

where did the ship plate print come from

It's a normal 2x2 printed LEGO tile ... it's pretty common. I really wish LEGO would make a greater variety of printed paintings!

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Love this! Bonus points for the Modulex. Such a great & cozy looking scene. It’s nice that the family gave Santa options, cookies or carrots. :tongue: 

The modulex are a little gem in addition to the moc. I wanted to show that in this house there is someone who plays with LEGO and has left them on the floor.

The cookies and carrot are for Santa and his reindeer, but maybe he was already full and left them on the table!

What are darling scene! I love the attention to details and how lifelike it feels. The old fashioned couches are a nice touch!

a Bit dangerous, those flowers near by the candles :wink:
Just kidding. Looks great, a lot of nice details.
Looks very cozy, lots of food and drinks and a nice warm fireplace.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent!

The wreath and the fireplace in particular are epic!!!

Thank you!

On 12/12/2020 at 4:03 AM, Evensong said:

What are darling scene! I love the attention to details and how lifelike it feels. The old fashioned couches are a nice touch!

Thank you very much!

22 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

The room every child would like to see on (very early :head_back:) Christmas morning!!!

Fantastic details and lovely scene! :thumbup::wub:

Thanks! I also go back to being a child when I think of my Christmas living room :-)

18 hours ago, snaillad said:

Great little scene! I especially like the wreath above the fireplace. Great job! :thumbup:

Thank you! It's fun to work on the details.

17 hours ago, neonic said:

a Bit dangerous, those flowers near by the candles :wink:
Just kidding. Looks great, a lot of nice details.
Looks very cozy, lots of food and drinks and a nice warm fireplace.

In fact I thought about it too .... luckily the candles are only made of plastic! :-)

10 hours ago, Norton74 said:

Amazing scene and details Sandro! Merry Christmas my friend:wink:

Thank you Andrea! A hug to your wonderful family too.

Amazing!  Really starting to get in the Christmas mood now so this is perfect.  

@Thedarkmaster2 The ship piece appears in at least 2 modulars (PC, DO).  Probably appears elsewhere too.

12 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Amazing!  Really starting to get in the Christmas mood now so this is perfect.  

@Thedarkmaster2 The ship piece appears in at least 2 modulars (PC, DO).  Probably appears elsewhere too.

Thank you will have to procure one of those