Sign in to follow this  
Killian

Lego Unicorn in Elves/Friends style anybody?

It bothers me that Lego have never made minidoll sized unicorns.

The Lego Friends/Elves horses have holes in their foreheads, it would be so easy for Lego to make horns for them.. But they haven't done it.

Decided to try for myself by modifying these;

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=89522&name=Horn (Unicorn)&category=[Animal, Body Part]#T=C

I was going to trim a needle or nail down to create a link between the horse's head and the horn piece, but couldn't get anything in the exact size.

So I trimmed the stopper off the horn and superglued it to a piece that would make it look like the unicorn was wearing a ribbon around it's horn.

Just not sure if I'm pleased with the result.

Thoughts?

50699155478_e7cf24cfa6_c.jpg!                                                             s-l500 by renzoknight, on Flickr

50699155483_a4421c1320_c.jpg!                                                              s-l500 by renzoknight, on Flickr

Looks nice. The side view is kinda funny and the horn might be a tad big, but it works. :thumbup: But yeah, could have been easy for LEGO to create a small horn with the tiny shaft attachment to go onto the horse head. 

If the rumors are true, there should be 'Mythica' LEGO sets. If so, chances are there'll be a unicorn part. 

Honestly, your modifications look pretty good, but I would prefer it without the ribbon.

You're right, it wouldn't be hard for TLG to make a horn for that horse piece. 

You could drill out the horses head to make the hole bigger to fit the existing horn, or thin the pin on the horn (keep shaving off until it fits), or cut the shaft off and glue it onto the horse's head.

12 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

If the rumors are true, there should be 'Mythica' LEGO sets. If so, chances are there'll be a unicorn part. 

Honestly, your modifications look pretty good, but I would prefer it without the ribbon.

You're right, it wouldn't be hard for TLG to make a horn for that horse piece. 

That's pushing speculation very far. There are no rumours, just speculation. It is not clear if there are going to be Mythica sets, let alone what the subject matter is. And even if it is fantasy, LEGO has done fantasy before without unicorns. So going from speculation to a good chance of unicorns is a big jump.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

You could drill out the horses head to make the hole bigger to fit the existing horn, or thin the pin on the horn (keep shaving off until it fits), or cut the shaft off and glue it onto the horse's head.

That's pushing speculation very far. There are no rumours, just speculation. It is not clear if there are going to be Mythica sets, let alone what the subject matter is. And even if it is fantasy, LEGO has done fantasy before without unicorns. So going from speculation to a good chance of unicorns is a big jump.

Well, that was really just wishful thinking. I certainly don't EXPECT a unicorn piece, but I think it could happen.

@Killian, You need to shave down the horse’s head so that there is a flat area against which the ribbon and horn can sit.

I reckon it would look better without the ribbon. If you agree, you only need remove enough plastic so that the horn is flush with the forehead.

When I created a System unicorn (on the right in the picture below) I used one of the old style horses with the flat forehead, not the newer, curvy ones to make the modification easier.

s18_cmf_fantasy_mocs.jpg

On 12/21/2020 at 3:09 AM, AmperZand said:

@Killian, You need to shave down the horse’s head so that there is a flat area against which the ribbon and horn can sit.

I reckon it would look better without the ribbon. If you agree, you only need remove enough plastic so that the horn is flush with the forehead.

When I created a System unicorn (on the right in the picture below) I used one of the old style horses with the flat forehead, not the newer, curvy ones to make the modification easier.

That would make sense. However, the story I'm going for would be that the unicorns appear as normal horses in the real world, but take on their true unicorn form when they go to their magical homeland.  So I need the horses to have removable horns but still look ok as horses. 

Maybe I'll just have to get duplicates of each horse and have a unicorn and normal version of each

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.