koraldon

Ninjago Gardens and Ninjago City/Docs availability

I have seen the leaks about the ninjago gardens coming next year and it piqued my interest to get the ninjago city/docks sets.

However, I see those sets are sold out. Does it make sense that ninjago gardens will a "stand-alone" set, or is it likely that Lego will re-release city/dock sets to accompany it?

5 hours ago, koraldon said:

I have seen the leaks about the ninjago gardens coming next year and it piqued my interest to get the ninjago city/docks sets.

However, I see those sets are sold out. Does it make sense that ninjago gardens will a "stand-alone" set, or is it likely that Lego will re-release city/dock sets to accompany it?

No chance of a rerelease. Best bet is buying them second hand.

12 hours ago, koraldon said:

A rerelease is highly unlikely. They both retired just over a year ago. They were both available for quite some time, so chances are that people who will be interested in Gardens already has the prior two. I get it. I came way late to the party of greatness that is City/Docks(about a year before this wonderful announcement). If you haven’t gotten them yet & can do so, I would. I imagine those ages will shoot up in price considerably more than they have once Gardens is revealed. 

Edited by Vindicare

0% chance of a re-release, ever.  10189 got rereleased because the set has a ton of very common elements that Lego must continually produce.    70620 is the opposite: it's full of unique elements and stickers.  However, if the Gardens is a top seller, we will likely see a fourth set in the 2020s.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, CopperTablet said:

0% chance of a re-release, ever.  10189 got rereleased because the set has a ton of very common elements that Lego must continually produce.    70620 is the opposite: it's full of unique elements and stickers.  However, if the Gardens is a top seller, we will likely see a fourth set in the 2020s.

For what it's worth, reprinting sticker sheets would not be a significant challenge. Reintroducing retired parts (and especially retired molds) poses a far more significant burden.

That said, in response to the original question... yeah, like with the modular sets, a straight rerelease of an older set is unlikely. That's not just because of the cost of reintroducing parts but also because, on a more general level, a new set designed from scratch has much, much more sales potential than a rerelease of a set that a significant number of people already have (and therefore would be unlikely to pay high prices for a remake or rerelease of).

The good news is that another Ninjago City set being released outside of the Ninjago Movie theme GREATLY increases the chance of further expansions to the city being released in the future. It'll probably never be a "yearly" thing like the modular buildings or Winter Village sets, but this certainly won't have to be the last expansion we get.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, Lyichir said:

For what it's worth, reprinting sticker sheets would not be a significant challenge. Reintroducing retired parts (and especially retired molds) poses a far more significant burden.

That said, in response to the original question... yeah, like with the modular sets, a straight rerelease of an older set is unlikely. That's not just because of the cost of reintroducing parts but also because, on a more general level, a new set designed from scratch has much, much more sales potential than a rerelease of a set that a significant number of people already have (and therefore would be unlikely to pay high prices for a remake or rerelease of).

The good news is that another Ninjago City set being released outside of the Ninjago Movie theme GREATLY increases the chance of further expansions to the city being released in the future. It'll probably never be a "yearly" thing like the modular buildings or Winter Village sets, but this certainly won't have to be the last expansion we get.

Crikey, if they make it a yearly thing, I'm done for :iamded_lol:

Yearly modular, fairground, Winter Village, upcoming star wars ucs, random Harry potter/star wars sets... 

Then they drop these wonderful ninjago 'modular' sets on us, which each one has been amazing! I'm not normally into buying any ninjago sets (even though their dragons and Mechs are actually very decent), but these 'modulars' are things of beauty. 

On 12/15/2020 at 8:51 PM, Fuppylodders said:

Yearly modular, fairground, Winter Village, upcoming star wars ucs, random Harry potter/star wars sets... 

Then they drop these wonderful ninjago 'modular' sets on us, which each one has been amazing! I'm not normally into buying any ninjago sets (even though their dragons and Mechs are actually very decent), but these 'modulars' are things of beauty. 

City was a masterpiece no doubt. But personally I found Docks lacking, and the modular aspect poorly executed (the more interesting sides of each set, front for City, rear for docks, didn’t align). I’m hoping Gardens addresses that. If it does, and is up there with City in terms of aesthetics and fun details, then it’ll fly off the shelves, and yeah we could be looking at more in the future. I doubt it’ll be annual though, every other year is more likely IMO. At least I hope so :iamded_lol:

On 12/15/2020 at 12:51 PM, Fuppylodders said:

This would be a dream come true for me.  The Ninjago City collaborative display from BrickCon 2018 is amazing and I'd love my own version (slowly built over many years).   

8 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

This would be a dream come true for me.  The Ninjago City collaborative display from BrickCon 2018 is amazing and I'd love my own version (slowly built over many years).   

Same, I would absolutely love to see a yearly (or maybe every two years) release of a ninjago modular. Im also building my own moc version so I have something to go along side the gardens, as I wasn't able to pick up the other 2 ninjago city sets. Probably my biggest lego regret. ive got an L shaped section of the city, with 1 corner module and 2 16x32 modules on either side. still gotta build up the second floor on the corner module though, and I need to order more water tiles. those things are pricy, and I have no clue how the guys over at brickcon managed. lets hope the gardens will sell well, and im definitely picking one up.