Sign in to follow this  
0937 superfan

MOC:Brick 2X4, Music brick 2x4

Welcome to EB!

This is a very nice MOC, I like the effort and techniques used. I'm afraid that some members won't understand what it is, so they won't appreciate how nice it is, so I'll try to help out by explaining what I think you intended.

Basically, it's the LEGO equivalent of a music box, though it can't play music, of course. The outside knob turns a couple of gears that wind up a LEGO belt (rubber band). The switch on top releases the gears and causes the band to unwind, turning the middle wheels and attached dish and round bricks, simulating the turning of the music disc.

Honestly, when I first looked, I thought it was sort of random, but as I examined each part, I realised that it's very well thought out, with each assembly serving a specific purpose.

I would suggest resizing your pics a little smaller though, say, no larger than 640x480, if you can. Smaller pics will show plenty of detail while loading quickly for most users.

There are also a number of free online services to do it, just Google "Free Picture Resizing" and see if you can find one that works well for you.

Again, great job, thanks for sharing it!

A very smart work, nice, clever and charming! :thumbup:

Welcome to EB!

This is a very nice MOC, I like the effort and techniques used. I'm afraid that some members won't understand what it is, so they won't appreciate how nice it is, so I'll try to help out by explaining what I think you intended.

Basically, it's the LEGO equivalent of a music box, though it can't play music, of course. The outside knob turns a couple of gears that wind up a LEGO belt (rubber band). The switch on top releases the gears and causes the band to unwind, turning the middle wheels and attached dish and round bricks, simulating the turning of the music disc.

Honestly, when I first looked, I thought it was sort of random, but as I examined each part, I realised that it's very well thought out, with each assembly serving a specific purpose.

I would suggest resizing your pics a little smaller though, say, no larger than 640x480, if you can. Smaller pics will show plenty of detail while loading quickly for most users.

There are also a number of free online services to do it, just Google "Free Picture Resizing" and see if you can find one that works well for you.

Again, great job, thanks for sharing it!

thank you to be patient and summary the moc... :sweet: