Ayrlego

[GoC] Customs Post, Hussar's Isle

Hussar's Isle; a tiny Corlander settlement in the Rider Island's to the North East of Cocovia, exists purely to watch over the Northern approaches to the important Corlander settlements of King's Harbour and Quinnsville on Cocovia. At this time the settlement is still purely a military outpost and construction has recently been finished on a fortified customs office and coastal surveillance station. Manned by a Royal Customs and Excise Officer and a half company of Royal Marines, the outpost is tasked with recording maritime traffic in the Northern approaches to Cocovia. Equipped with a powerful telescope, the ships can be spotted a long way out to sea. An attached hussar can gallop quickly to the semaphore station or fort with news of approaching vessels. The marines man the battlements and the outpost is kept stocked with a good supply of power and shot to see of any potential raiders. 

50685595007_358532bd01_c.jpg

I was very impressed by @evancelt's semaphore station on Hussar's Isle recently and have been meaning to build here myself for quite some time... (I have now almost built in every Corrie settlement... only Brickford Landing to go I think). I tried to incorporate some nods to his and @Bregir's previous builds at this location, using dark bley rockwork and dark tan landscaping. Someone posted a build with some white profile bricks earlier in the year which made me very excited, as I have been waiting for a long time for TLG to release them in white. Alas it was not to be! But it did get me wondering and I recently was able to acquire a hundred or so off-brand white profile bricks. So I've given them a go here and it re-enforces my desire for TLG to release them in white ASAP! 

Anyway my third and last build for Task 11 'Strategic Outposts' for GoC. Ownership will be turned over to the faction and it will be licensed as a large commerce in Hussar's Isle. I quite enjoyed this one, hope you guys do too!

Love it! I especially like the inset arched windows and woodwork built into the facade at various points. The color nods to the previous builds help cement the picture of the landscape. Hussar's Isle population just tripled :pir-grin:

Very nice looking tower, nice colors, architecture and all. And with a balcony on the other side?
Like the rest too, the plateau with the piece of rock and some vegetation.

Very nice build like always!

Edited by JintaiZ

This has to be one of my favorite Brick Seas forts.  Like I said on Flickr, the layout, and also I think the roof style, makes it look like a frontier home-fort.  Also, great textures and coloring with the yellowed bricks!  In fact I'm liking this so much, I'm going to go back and favorite it.  I don't favorite much, so that's quite a compliment. :pir-grin:

Nice build. I was attracted here by the post on the front page and the excitement that someone had discovered white masonry bricks ... oh well, the wait goes on!

You has me excited for a minute: Lego white profile bricks? But reading your description, ah well...

With that out of the way:

Nice build. I like the overall shape of the building soaring upwards, getting smaller in the process.
The details like the outer window arches and brown floor lines are a nice touch. And the slightly off-color of the white colors combine well.
The tiled roofs give it a good finishing touch.

I like the roofs, I may steal borrow this technique. The white masonry bricks look quite good.