Lego David

Fantasy Pirates: A LEGO World Builder Project

1 hour ago, Ragana9289 said:

You can do some of this.

As much as that would be cool, we want to make this a Fantasy Pirates theme, not a Sci-Fi Pirates theme. So, save up those ideas for a different project, not this one.

14 hours ago, Lego David said:

As much as that would be cool, we want to make this a Fantasy Pirates theme, not a Sci-Fi Pirates theme. So, save up those ideas for a different project, not this one. 

They are from a fantasy RPG.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:32 AM, Lego David said:

We plan on having four Sea Monsters in total, each of them guarding one of the ancient keys that unlocks the secret island which the Pirates are seeking. And yes, we do plan on having mermaids and sirens in the story. I even thought about giving one of the main characters the ability to become a mermaid whenever she enters in water. 

Speaking of witch, we almost finished another character design:

sketch1607545528634.png?width=237&height=396

I like that witch’s design! Adding a witch to Fantasy Pirates sound really interesting. 

Giving one of main characters a mermaid’ s ability is a great idea! I am looking to see how your world builder look like!

The design for the main character has been finally completely finished:

269df071c655257d.jpg?width=287&height=375

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I like that witch’s design! Adding a witch to Fantasy Pirates sound really interesting. 

Pardon me, I wanted to say which, not witch:pir-yoda:

That character you commented on isn't a witch, but rather a regular female pirate, in this case the captain's sister. With that said though, might add a witch at some point in the story... :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Lego David

in read a fantasy pirate book in wich pirates fleeing from the british went into a strange place were there were roman ships and such attacking theme that had been stuck there for 100s of years. maybe a lost roman tririme would be a good enemy ? webp

@Lego David These forums are strange waters to me, as I usually stick to the History forum :pir_laugh2:

That being said, I think your idea looks amazing so far, and it really opens a lot of doors for future additions. Speaking of.. Some time ago I saw a documentary about a Swedish warship, the "Vasa/Wasa" built between 1626-1628. Unfortunately she sank about 1300m into her maiden voyage :iamded_lol: Despite being an engineering flop, the appearances of this ship gave me goosebumps! I have never seen anything like it.

So if I may suggest a "supersized" warship, for northern European/Scandinavian waters, with insane decorations fir for a king (literally built for the king of Sweden). Here's a picture, enjoy! :pir-huzzah2:

Apparently I could only upload a 40kb file, hence the small, low quality picture :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by Sarophas

1 hour ago, Sarophas said:

1822116632_Wasa2.jpg.abb82683c5328c866f067eeeb4ccf1d3.jpg

Apparently I could only upload a 40kb file, hence the small, low quality picture :imperialguard_commander1:

Upload the high quality photo on Flickr or Imgur (preferably Flickr) and post the link here.

It'll automatically snatch the photo and show it in high quality.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

4 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Upload the high quality photo on Flickr or Imgur (preferably Flickr) and post the link here.

Yeah I should, but that requires me to pull myself together and create an account :iamded_lol:

Update: I just wrote a draft of the main plot and history of our theme:

When the great King Vasilius of the {name} kingdom dies of old age, an evil usurper brutally takes over the throne. Princess Hadriana, the rightful heir to the throne of the kingdom, is forced to flee for her life, hoping to return someday and reclaim her throne.
After joining forces with the young pirate captain Judah Benbow and his band of misfit pirates, they come up with a plan to recover the legendary Heart of the Sea, an ancient mystical gemstone that can grant its user the control over the entire sea and its inhabitants.
Determined to find this ancient gem, the crew will face many great dangers on their journey, fighting giant sea monsters in order to recover ancient keys, while also being chased by the usurper’s evil forces. Can this fugitive princess and her pirate friends recover the ancient gemstone in time and defeat the usurper once and for all?

For centuries, the island kingdom of {name} and the underwater kingdom of {name} have lived in peace. Poseidon, the powerful king of the ocean, has offered his mermaid daughter in marriage to King Vasilius as a symbol of their alliance. But after a major disagreement between the two rulers, the two kingdoms started to distance themselves more and more from each other, until the people of those kingdoms completely forgot about the existence of their former friends. Only the kings and the elders still remembered how it was once. In the minds of the common people, the mighty underwater kingdom of Poseidon had become nothing but a fairy tale. King Vasilius and his wife lived happily together, until the queen gave birth to a little princess. But the birth had severely weakened the queen who fell ill and died. The princess grew up without a mother, and in complete ignorance about her mermaid ancestry.
As Poseidon grew older and older, he decided to put all his power into a single gemstone, which contained the power to control the entire sea and the creatures living in it. Because he wanted to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands, he hid the gem in a cave on a secret island, which could only be unlocked by four magical keys. Each of the four keys were given to four sea creatures: Kraken, Cetus, Megalodon, and Leviathan. The four creatures would guard the keys for eternity, unless defeated. After ruling for almost 300 years, Poseidon died of old age, with his power preserved in the gemstone. His son, Triton, succeeded the throne, but he lacked his father’s amazing powers and wisdom.

If you've got any thoughts or criticisms, feel free to share them.

Edited by Lego David

I just saw this today!

I personally think your lead-captain still has some Jack Sparrow Vibes to him in his design; Probably the Goatee and moustache; I do like the color of the hat and jacket though. If I was going to make him a blood relative; a Nephew, to Captain Roger Red-Beard himself, I'd at the very bare minimum make him a red-head.

EDIT: I just did a drawing, and I never, ever draw anymore, and I'm so excited, and I'm gonna share it on the World-Builder page for this project!!!

Lemmie see if I can get it a little bit smaller here...

Alright, third time's a charm!

deb4t6x-989756e3-9731-4387-91b5-996ba7cb

Edited by JeffBuilds

5 hours ago, JeffBuilds said:

I just saw this today!

I personally think your lead-captain still has some Jack Sparrow Vibes to him in his design; Probably the Goatee and moustache; I do like the color of the hat and jacket though. If I was going to make him a blood relative; a Nephew, to Captain Roger Red-Beard himself, I'd at the very bare minimum make him a red-head.

EDIT: I just did a drawing, and I never, ever draw anymore, and I'm so excited, and I'm gonna share it on the World-Builder page for this project!!!

Lemmie see if I can get it a little bit smaller here...

Alright, third time's a charm!

deb4t6x-989756e3-9731-4387-91b5-996ba7cb

The captain's relation to Captain Red Beard isn't going to have any actual story relevance though... It would be just a nod to the original Pirates line, nothing more. Also, the captain looking more young was already set in stone right from the beginning, so we probably won't be giving him any sort of beard like that. (we might still do that for one of his crewmen, though). 

That's still a very nice drawing though! We might use it for one of the pirates in the crew, just not the captain himself.

Edited by Lego David

On 12/6/2020 at 2:07 PM, Lego David said:

It's a new LEGO platform that was released in August of this year that allows fans to pitch their own ideas for new original LEGO themes. Unlike LEGO Ideas, this platform is for pitching fully-fledged LEGO themes, not just one-off sets. 

Here is a link to the site in case you wanna check it out: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/discover

This is perfect,since it could very well be what finally brings a breath of fresh air in the action theme genre which has been getting stale in the last 9 or so years.

I only wish you could vote in this platform just like you can in the Lego Ideas platform.Because your Fantasy Pirates theme idea definitely has my vote!

55 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

This is perfect,since it could very well be what finally brings a breath of fresh air in the action theme genre which has been getting stale in the last 9 or so years.

I only wish you could vote in this platform just like you can in the Lego Ideas platform.Because your Fantasy Pirates theme idea definitely has my vote!

You can't vote for projects, but you can still give them a like. I assume the projects that get the most likes are the ones that are most likely going to get acknowledged by LEGO, so there is a little bit of similarity to LEGO Ideas there. 

But thanks for commenting! I am glad you like my idea. If you want, you can follow this thread in order to see project as it progresses.

10 hours ago, Lego David said:

That's still a very nice drawing though! We might use it for one of the pirates in the crew, just not the captain himself.

I'm happy you liked it at the very least! When I was a wee sprat, I always Imagined the Merchant Minifig from the Imperial Trading Post was Redbeard's Son, with the similar torso print, but in white and tan instead of black and Green, and the similar face printing, without the eyepatch. I put some of that in the character's design, along with some of my favorite pirate-related elements I've seen in the last 5 to 10 years, into this concept, namely Blackbeard's Hat from the PotC Line, and the Scabbard that came with the first wave of PotC Sets! I invested heavily in that line so all my little pirates could have a place to hang their swords when they weren't using them!  also liked the flare of the little sash printed on the leg of the lead guy from the Prince of Persia line, and we can rip into that all we want, there were some good pieces and prints from that series!

I will definitely keep an eye open and see if any other character designs/concepts catch my eye and/or Ire!

Edit: Realized I didn't right proper name this false Heir to the Redbeard Legacy! Any one of you want to give him a more fitting name than "Roger Jr." in the File-Name?

Edited by JeffBuilds

1 hour ago, JeffBuilds said:

I will definitely keep an eye open and see if any other character designs/concepts catch my eye and/or Ire!

Oh, you are definitely in for a treat then! We haven't drawn the other characters yet, but I already have a design for each of them in mind... Especially the Princess character, who is going to have a unique hairstyle mold. :pir-wink:

Edited by Lego David

Hadriana_final_.png?width=302&height=395

We have designed another one of the main characters in our theme, Princess Hadriana.

Any feedback or comments are highly appreciated.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:02 PM, Sarophas said:

@Lego David Despite being an engineering flop

The sad thing about it, according to what I've heard is that the engineer who designed her wanted to make her wider to make up for her height. But you can't say no to a KING. So I heard he was executed and replaced with a "yes-man" engineer who then finished the blueprint. Just think about the poor bugger who were on that ship when the wind tipped her over! :pir-cry_sad:

15 hours ago, AViewToALego said:

The sad thing about it, according to what I've heard is that the engineer who designed her wanted to make her wider to make up for her height. But you can't say no to a KING. So I heard he was executed and replaced with a "yes-man" engineer who then finished the blueprint. Just think about the poor bugger who were on that ship when the wind tipped her over! :pir-cry_sad:

Are you serious? Oh man that just makes it even more ridiculous :facepalm:

On 30/01/2021 at 5:39 PM, Lego David said:

Hadriana_final_.png?width=302&height=395

We have designed another one of the main characters in our theme, Princess Hadriana.

Any feedback or comments are highly appreciated.

I love her. So much so that I'm now going to be disappointed if she never ends up becoming a physical reality. Is the crown intended to be molded into the hair or a removable accessory? 

57 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Is the crown intended to be molded into the hair or a removable accessory? 

The hair and crown are supposed to be dual-molded into one single piece. Having it be removable would be really cool, but I don't know how LEGO would realistically pull that off. 

I like that name for evil pirate sorcerer! 

He better not mess with the primordial power of the sea!

May I give a suggestion? I am not sure about that standard witch’s hat but it would be cool to see a scarlet feather sticking out of that hat. Nothing else. I LOVE everything about him!

Oh, It's been a minute since I've visited this thread!

I'm really, REALLY Liking Zodrek's Design! All I'd personally recommend would be to make his ominous Glowing hand a trans-purple Hook-Hand (or whatever you deem is more appropriate; I just said Translucient Purple, as an extension of his foul magical prowess, but it could just as easily be a regular Hook, In any other color, Enchanted and serving as a focus for his Power.) and I'd spring for the $80 flag-ship (no pun intended) set! (Yeah, I'm wierd like that; Paid $20 on E-Bay for a Dark Pearl-Grey LEGO Minifig Hookhand a couple days ago.)

Edited by JeffBuilds

Your concept got my gears turning (which is a very good sign; "fantasy pirates" is instantly evocative), so here's my proposal, if you're going to have various fantasy races... A significant conflict can be between the (mostly) human pirates and the imperial armada who are... Orcs! The orc empire! Isn't that a fun reversal! Just imagine, fancy imperial uniforms, with sand green orc heads. (Can even have an orc admiral with a barrister wig.)

Edited by Flak Maniak