tomclair

[MOC] Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 - Porter Airlines

Hi everybody, 

Here's my lastest creation, and my biggest one. This is an another regional aircraft from Canada, a Dash 8 Q400, which is in my opinion one of the best turboprop ever made. My girlfriend is a pilot on this specific aircraft and she's grounded due to the pandemic so this is kind of a tribute! 

Here's some pictures, hope you'll like it! 

Tom

50683437351_166d36dd64_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683508997_d3f77abe71_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50682677363_0836af73c7_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683436381_274491d835_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50682678133_7255f1a70d_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683438481_773dac7aa8_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683511662_fb8904fb3d_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683509772_71cd1dc609_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683510032_889fc5db8c_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

50683511987_edc8719980_b.jpgBombardier Dash 8 Q400 by Tom Clair, sur Flickr

Edited by tomclair

Great design, instantly recognizable. The only thing I'd change is make the front a bit longer.

9 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Great design, instantly recognizable. The only thing I'd change is make the front a bit longer.

Thank you for your comment and suggestion. I tried some pieces on the top of the nose but it didn't look well, maybe I'll find something better one day :classic:

4 hours ago, Merlict said:

Very good!

Have you tried using https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=62576&in=S as the windshield? I think it would be much nicer if you could see in with a detailed cockpit

That piece is nearly perfect for the windshield, but perhaps it was just a tad bit too tall? 

Excellent build! I see Porter airplanes all the time at Billy Bishop Airport, so it is great to see it represented in LEGO!

6 hours ago, Merlict said:

Very good!

Have you tried using https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=62576&in=S as the windshield? I think it would be much nicer if you could see in with a detailed cockpit

Thanks! Yes, I used this piece on my CL-415 Canadair. It doesn't fit on this model, not wide enough, too tall as well. At the moment, the trans-clear slopes are in my opinion the best option to recreate the shape of the real Q400 windshield. :wink:

2 hours ago, NickLafreniere said:

That piece is nearly perfect for the windshield, but perhaps it was just a tad bit too tall? 

Excellent build! I see Porter airplanes all the time at Billy Bishop Airport, so it is great to see it represented in LEGO!

Thank you! Billy Bishop also known as Dash 8 Q400 paradise :grin:

Great job, it definitely looks right. The Dash 8 has such a typical shape and you really nailed it. The nose is tricky, but not bad at all considering the complex shape. Also that rear door is nicely done.

7 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Great job, it definitely looks right. The Dash 8 has such a typical shape and you really nailed it. The nose is tricky, but not bad at all considering the complex shape. Also that rear door is nicely done.

Thank you! The nose section was definitely the biggest challenge in this model, I'm quite happy with the final result but I'm still working to improve it :thumbup:

6 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Looks super clean and very much like the original! Nice one!

Thank you!