I have 4 possible projects which is very unusual... and I do not know which one restart so I need your help, I will tell you some about them.

1 Broyt excavator, impressive machine with 6 functions but difficult part in the transmision to the last LAs, a big challenge, I could use 6 motors but it would not be my style.

QLcNKAB.jpg

2 Volvo front shovel, another recent discovery with 6 functions too, I could use the 8043 bucket.

bMmVpn2.png

3 Komatsu PC 5500, I chose this because it has the best proportion with the big LAs, I always wanted to do a better front shovel after my Caterpillar 6090 MOC, more playable, less pieces and the possibility of build a machine with two different arms, excavator or front shovel to can change between them, it would be a large project.

bGO1sfF.jpg

4 F40 competizione, without suspensions to can have a better bodywork, but just because it is a car is the one that attracts me the least, maybe without gearbox too to can have less pieces.

I like a lot almost all of them and I do not know which one to choose, I always wanted to do a tracked loader but I do not find a original one that I likes enough, I like the concept but they are so ugly... I like too the underground machinery but I have already done enough wheel loaders and dumpers. Another problem would be that we have new useful parts and I hate build something that can be done better with parts I do not have yet... This is a part of my thoughts that sometimes are useful to scape from the reality.

Edited by jorgeopesi

9 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

It would be the easiest of course and it is a very playable beauty.

Agree on both plus we had Volvo licensed sets so there are plenty of original stickers available

I'd say start with the F40 Competizione, since it'll look great with 42125.

22 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I'd say start with the F40 Competizione, since it'll look great with 42125.

Perhaps @jorgeopesi could make this one (my favorite V8 Cavallino Rampante)...to go with 42125 :wink:

I'd go for the Volvo but with pneumatics so it will be different from the Liebherr and we have a lack of pneumatics here!

4 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I have 4 possible projects which is very unusual... and I do not know which one restart so I need your help

(emphasis mine) Restart? What exactly do you mean with "restart"? Do you mean you have built all of those once and are asking which of those you should redo/upgrade/update?

If that's indeed the question, then I'd say you shoud redo the one for which you're least satisfied with your previous model.

If that's not the case, and you just want an opinion about which of these models you should build, then I'd say: I prefer machinery over cars, so I'd personally vote against the F40, but for the rest I couldn't care. A good Lego excavator is always cool, no matter whether it represents a Volvo or whatever brand of real excavator, or doesn't have a real counterpart at all. If it works and shows all the motions, and looks like it could be real, I'm happy.

In fact, why would it have to look like any particular brand? Wouldn't it be more creative and much more fun, and also a better fit for the lego Technic medium, to just make a functional model with whatever proportions work best for the existing Lego parts, and find your own styling for it, so that it becomes a genuine jorgeopesi excavator instead of a wannabe Volvo?

27 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

(emphasis mine) Restart? What exactly do you mean with "restart"? Do you mean you have built all of those once and are asking which of those you should redo/upgrade/update?

If that's indeed the question, then I'd say you shoud redo the one for which you're least satisfied with your previous model.

If that's not the case, and you just want an opinion about which of these models you should build, then I'd say: I prefer machinery over cars, so I'd personally vote against the F40, but for the rest I couldn't care. A good Lego excavator is always cool, no matter whether it represents a Volvo or whatever brand of real excavator, or doesn't have a real counterpart at all. If it works and shows all the motions, and looks like it could be real, I'm happy.

In fact, why would it have to look like any particular brand? Wouldn't it be more creative and much more fun, and also a better fit for the lego Technic medium, to just make a functional model with whatever proportions work best for the existing Lego parts, and find your own styling for it, so that it becomes a genuine jorgeopesi excavator instead of a wannabe Volvo?

All of them already have a little work done, this is what I mean. You are totally right and I thought about it thousand times, it would bring us a good thread. As I said sometimes, I draw and I can do everything when I had a reference but when I try to do something from my mind I never like it. Maybe we try to representate something that already likes to somebody assuming less risk in the project. Of course when I choose a reference I always prioritice funcionality and structural integrity over aesthetics despite being somelthing little valued but I am not complaining about people, even myself being crazy about these concepts I can not see them at first sight in other MOCs. Another good thing of the reference is that put us limits, a scale you have to respect and if you always choose the smallest scale possible to fit everything as myself, it is when you have a crazy fun, to do a 1:8 scale car is hard but to do it a 1:10 is even hardest.

29 minutes ago, Frodman said:

I'd go for the Volvo but with pneumatics so it will be different from the Liebherr and we have a lack of pneumatics here!

The pneumatics in scale would be a little small even the large ones but in this case I discarted them because the lack of precision, you can use them in a front loader because everything consits on up and down but a excavator needs more precision for a acceptable playability, at least one made for me.

Edited by jorgeopesi