Sign in to follow this  
Goldwinger3

42054 building instructions

Hello,

As a AFOL who has watched this form for years, thank you for it.    I am now getting ready to build the 42054 tractor with all the rc bells and whistles that have been 'mod' into the the tractor.  Has anyone assembled al the changes into one set of instructions?  It seems like all mod's where made on existing tractors, instruction made as part of original instruction Which is where I am getting lost, trying to follow step by step. I did a search, but I had no luck, I'm sure it is there with just the right search words.

Also a question: I have the Lego rechargeable rectangular battery box,  that is no longer made..Is there any 3 party/refit of Lego batteries?  I liked them and hate replacing batteries all the time.

If I said something the wrong way, or asked it wrong, give a 70 + old man a break,  He just learning to play with Lego's

Goldwinger3

8 hours ago, Goldwinger3 said:

Hello,

As a AFOL who has watched this form for years, thank you for it.    I am now getting ready to build the 42054 tractor with all the rc bells and whistles that have been 'mod' into the the tractor.  Has anyone assembled al the changes into one set of instructions?  It seems like all mod's where made on existing tractors, instruction made as part of original instruction Which is where I am getting lost, trying to follow step by step. I did a search, but I had no luck, I'm sure it is there with just the right search words.

Also a question: I have the Lego rechargeable rectangular battery box,  that is no longer made..Is there any 3 party/refit of Lego batteries?  I liked them and hate replacing batteries all the time.

If I said something the wrong way, or asked it wrong, give a 70 + old man a break,  He just learning to play with Lego's

Goldwinger3

You can use any generic rechargeable AA-sized batteries in PF battery boxes or PU hubs. There's also Buwizz, which is a rechargeable power source and bluetooth controller for PF motors. It's probably your best bet if you want to go full RC with rechargeable battery.

There's also Mindstorms hubs (newest released just couple of months ago), which include a rechargeable battery but using those is considerably more demanding, as they have to be programmed and while that enables a lot more things you can do with it, it's also a lot harder to make use of them.