Sign in to follow this  
Dyen

Lego 42080 C model - Tow Truck

Hello everyone, here is my new C model for set 42080( I know this is not very popular set, but maybe I can change that with my alternate build for it). Tow truck with six wheels, pendular suspension (front/rear) with rubber parts which they are used like shock absorbers, front axle steering with steering knob on the top. Pneumatic pump is powered by L motor. You can control raise/low boom (which can be extended with lever on the arm) and wheel cradles that support the tires from both sides. There is also a winch with a rope - which is only extra part for this model, I used +- 30 cm rope. Please let me know what you think about it! ?

INSTRUCTIONS: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-58464/Dyens Creations/42080-c-model-tow-truck/#details

More photos of this model: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142407982@N08/albums/72157717145243686
50676383612_4cbd2c3f76_b.jpg
50676383682_3d0559d499_b.jpg50676383807_bd3639a841_b.jpg

It's a fantastic alternative model! I'd just shorten the width a little.

What an amazing alternate from an underrated set. You managed to achieve a nice look (color scheme, stickers).

Functions are flawless and the suspension are great.

I'm amazed that you manage each time to build some really different B/C models and still those are real alternate that could easily beat official ones.

I'm also pleased that I own most off the sets you build with (except 42110 so far).

I'm currently building another alternate for set 42080 (tractor with actisol by olivierz) which is really great also but a bit cumbersome in the look of the tractor.

If you still have interest in that set, you could maybe look into making something like a bobcat a770 aws with some attachment. It may be tricky to pack all the battery box, motor and pneumatics though...

Nice work anyway !

Just now, allanp said:

Great C model of a highly underrated set. Well done :thumbup:

It is underrated. Sure, it's one of Alfred's, but I never got the impression that it's unpopular.

I got it at a bargain price and was satisfied with it but the official B-model was quite poor.

Thank you very much guys. 

6 hours ago, fosamax said:

What an amazing alternate from an underrated set. You managed to achieve a nice look (color scheme, stickers).

Functions are flawless and the suspension are great.

I'm amazed that you manage each time to build some really different B/C models and still those are real alternate that could easily beat official ones.

I'm also pleased that I own most off the sets you build with (except 42110 so far).

I'm currently building another alternate for set 42080 (tractor with actisol by olivierz) which is really great also but a bit cumbersome in the look of the tractor.

If you still have interest in that set, you could maybe look into making something like a bobcat a770 aws with some attachment. It may be tricky to pack all the battery box, motor and pneumatics though...

Nice work anyway !

Yes I usually try to use original stickers for my C models for better look and better details, like in my reach stacker for example. Thank you for the tip about Bobcat, I looked at it and it looks interesting - but I already have an idea for next alternate for this set, but we will see, because I am already making my second alternate build for set 42098. 
Thanks again!