mouseketeer

[MOC] Winter Village Police Station

Protecting the presents of the Winter Village from Christmas crooks is this Winter Village Police Station! I've included a break area (with donuts of course!), a blue light Christmas Tree, mugshot board, computer desk, and jail cell - complete with a stocking filled with coal for being very naughty! A crank at the back spins the police light on top of the building, and accompanying it are an old-fashioned police car and police box.

50675347253_d8a6351846_b.jpgWinter Village Police Station by inklingbricks, on Flickr

More photos are on my Flickr here

Edited by mouseketeer

Nice build! It'd be nice to see a photo of it with other WV sets though.

Looks great. I like the paddy wagon best, it fits in with the other vehicles in the theme nicely. Interior details are good too, just like the official sets. Just enough there to give you a good sense of what’s going on. 

Charming! I love the old-timey paddy wagon and the use of the gold filigree parts underneath the car port. The colors also give it a bright and festive look which suits the Winter Village series. The snowman holding a pair of handcuffs, the stocking full of coal in the jail cell, and the crook attempting to steal presents add a delightful touch of humor.

The spinning light is a great way to incorporate a light brick in a way that suits the subject matter, though a part of me wonders if there might be any way to couple that function with Transparent Red or Transparent Blue filters to simulate the idea of the light flashing red and blue like on a police car.

Similarly, while I love the colored lights you put on the Christmas tree, I kind of think it'd benefit from attaching an actual star-shaped piece at the top in some way that would evoke the appearance of a police badge.

Overall, though, this is a great MOC with lots of festive charm! It fits in wonderfully with the Winter Village series, and employs enough humorous juxtaposition of policing and holiday motifs to retain a lighthearted feel, despite presenting more of a conflict scenario present than you'd ordinarily see in other Winter Village sets.

I enjoyed this build very much. Thank you for sharing. It makes me nostalgic for the Winter Village contests from the past. 

That's really excellent! :thumbup:

In principle I wouldn't be that hyped about a police station for Winter Village. But this one goes so well with all other previous WV sets, it has some great and completely new architectual design plus a very nice interior and a useful car so that I would buy it at once if it was an official set.

Btw: Did you already think about showing it at Lego Ideas?