sdrnet

Winter Chalet UCS Fan Edition

50668338431_7c0b8eb756_c.jpg

Hello everyone!
At the beginning of the year my Chalet entered the third 2019 LEGO Ideas review after reaching 10,000 votes.
We also know that the set unfortunately did not pass in the live vote on 23 June 2020.

Regardless of the result that I would have obtained, I wanted to somehow thank all the people who wrote to me and all those who liked the Chalet.
So I decided to create a Christmas landscape that "welcomes" the Chalet in a dignified way, that was a more "UCS" style model!

The Winter Village theme is definitely not new to me (!) But for the first time in a moc I ventured into an entire moving scenario. There are 17 moving parts powered by a single LEGO XL motor or directly by hand with a lever on the back! The two bases transmit movement to each other through an axle technic that connects the two areas.
Being raised I also carried out a project (in the pipeline for some time) that is to make the cellar of the Chalet accessible from the right front door.
In the side part of the diorama I have also obtained a small cave of ice crystals that can be illuminated thanks to an adjacent compartment where I have also stored a small battery pack with a string of LED lights. The lights flow in the cave but also in the cellar of the chalet and I can also make them reach the interior rooms of the chalet to illuminate them at night.
You can see all the moving parts by yourself in the small video I made (I apologize for the poor quality):

The most complex part was not only to be able to "reach" the movement in the various areas of the diorama, but also to differentiate the speeds according to what had to be moved. It was a great challenge, but as always I had a lot of fun making it and the important thing is this! Merry Christmas!

I dedicate this work to my dear friend Gianluca who is no longer with us. I hope you can admire it from up there.

Flickr Gallery here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72157638607227773

50668337741_c336c373e0_c.jpg

50667556158_48ca32bd5c_c.jpg

50668317336_f632188b39_c.jpg

50668321291_fbc8600a1c_c.jpg

50668375607_9b949b1af1_c.jpg

Comments are welcome
Sandro

Edited by sdrnet

Beautiful! I think if you add other Winter Village sets to this it would look even better!

Hi Sandro, what a fantastic build! So much little details, and so much to see and with all the movement this MOC really comes to life!

I hope this build helped you also a bit through these difficult times you certainly had. Take care and I sincerely wish you a peaceful holiday season!!

Wow! Dear Sandro, it's really stunning, but you create an UCS just putting together something you already showed us with something new!!!! It's like the UCS Battle of Hoth of some years ago....:roflmao::pir-tongue:

16 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Beautiful! I think if you add other Winter Village sets to this it would look even better!

This kind of exercise, for those who know my history, has already been done in the past with a work of 5 consecutive years.
You can see the result of my work that I have done with the latest complete version of my Winter Village that I brought to display in Madrid:

31321100687_db6933731b_c.jpg

Thank you!

14 hours ago, kevin8 said:

Wow! Dear Sandro, it's really stunning, but you create an UCS just putting together something you already showed us with something new!!!! It's like the UCS Battle of Hoth of some years ago....:roflmao::pir-tongue:

Thank's my friend!
I wanted once again to highlight this work which meant a lot to me. But now I'm already working on new things ... (not winter village).

I love seeing your work. I watched it over and over seeing new details every time. It is fantastic.

the Chalet looks great, all those details and stuff. a Lot of people having fun.

Then I saw the display. It doesn't look great ... it looks amazing :classic:

btw. I clicked on the link of your gallery, damn, more great creations.
I think I have a lot to look today.

Many thanks for all your comments!
Yes, in the last 4 years I have also dedicated myself to making other mocs that did not concern the winter village.
 wanted to experiment with new types of constructions and settings. Thanks again.

Wow! I remember seeing the Winter Chalet years ago and bookmarking it on Instagram to use it as inspiration for the future (never followed through with it until now) because it looked great. Now seeing it embedded in such a nice scene really creates an awesome winter scene.

I also want to say that I really like the slopes and the sleds.

And the winter village layout looks stunning. Really a piece of art (just like the rest of your Flickr gallery).