I am glad to show you one of the biggest creation I have ever made. I would say that this is a "true MOC" because it is not o model of some specific real machine. It is just some kind of forest machine.

I think that the video will show you the functions in the best way.

Harvester-9.jpgHarvester-1.jpgHarvester-5-1152x863.jpgHarvester-7-1152x863.jpg

This mechanism allows to transfer rotations thru a sharp angle.

More photos can be found on my website: https://tomastechnic.com/forest-machine/

Love this thing!!

I would change the arm connector myself so the gears were housed each side but it obviously works well as it is. 

looks awesome, not to many panels covering everything up, and looks very capable, nice job ?? 

Nice MOC, I like how you decorated it, not many panels but enough so there isn't big weird holes in the middle of it.

I think that for the front wheels, you can improve the fluidity of the movement by changing the seven 16t gears byt three 16t gears and a chain linking all of them together. You are definitely having some play that is possible to correct here I think :thumbup:

very cool, does it turn using the actuators to "twist" the body 

Nice built

Next step is a rotating claw at the end of the crane arm so you can rebuild that log house !

Edited by Frodman

3 hours ago, Tomas TECHNIC said:

I am glad to show you one of the biggest creation I have ever made. 

And a good scale at that.  For many years I loved huge builds.  But now I am finding my sweet spot somewhere between huge builds and middle-sized.  I like the scale for this MOC....

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Great work! Looks like a Rottne H-14:thumbup:

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build!

2 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great build. I love the choice of tires for the build.

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

And a good scale at that.  For many years I loved huge builds.  But now I am finding my sweet spot somewhere between huge builds and middle-sized.  I like the scale for this MOC....

Thank you everyone! It is a huge motivation for me to keep building.

4 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Love this thing!!

I would change the arm connector myself so the gears were housed each side but it obviously works well as it is

looks awesome, not to many panels covering everything up, and looks very capable, nice job ?? 

Thank you! Yes, there is not enough torque to make the wheels "slip" so it works well.

3 hours ago, alfredboyer said:

Nice MOC, I like how you decorated it, not many panels but enough so there isn't big weird holes in the middle of it.

I think that for the front wheels, you can improve the fluidity of the movement by changing the seven 16t gears byt three 16t gears and a chain linking all of them together. You are definitely having some play that is possible to correct here I think :thumbup:

Thank you! I think that the idea with chain won't work because there will be nothing to push the chain to the input 16t wheel.

2 hours ago, MY1 said:

very cool, does it turn using the actuators to "twist" the body 

Thanks! Yes, it does.

2 hours ago, Frodman said:

Nice built

Next step is a rotating claw at the end of the crane arm so you can rebuild that log house !

Thank you! I had considered it but then I realized that I haven't got enough IR receivers to power more than six functions.

Love this. The simplicity and open and truly functional construction brings my mind back to the 90s technic era. No panels to cover up the mechanics and no unnecessary parts without a function. This is what technic is to me! Intricate functionality and function over form!

Thanks for this.

_ED_

7 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

Love this. The simplicity and open and truly functional construction brings my mind back to the 90s technic era. No panels to cover up the mechanics and no unnecessary parts without a function. This is what technic is to me! Intricate functionality and function over form! 

Thanks for this.

_ED_

I am glad to hear this. Thank you!