Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Five

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Are you sure you'd like to read confidential medical files about strangers? 

Oh yeah. We could be in there and it turns out we're all amnestic or something.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:38 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will search the bathroom.

The bathroom has some very meticulously organized toiletries but nothing unusual or out of place.

23 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Oh yeah. We could be in there and it turns out we're all amnestic or something.

You don't recognize any of the passengers or crew in the files, however there are some famous names in there that you recognize from the news.

I think as well we may wrap this one up quickly since there’s not many other places to really search. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I think as well we may wrap this one up quickly since there’s not many other places to really search. 

Now hang on a second, I count at least ten rooms we haven't searched yet.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

Now hang on a second, I count at least ten rooms we haven't searched yet.

"Indeed, I believe we still have 2A, 2B and all the crews' quarters to search."

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

"Indeed, I believe we still have 2A, 2B and all the crews' quarters to search."

"As well as the restrooms and the exercise room.  I'd say we finish up the passenger cabins first, 2A?"

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"As well as the restrooms and the exercise room.  I'd say we finish up the passenger cabins first, 2A?"

"2A sounds good. Although our findings have been few lately. :sceptic:"

"Yeah 2A is good to go to next. Although if Parry (or whoever it was) killed Peck and planted evidence in Mallory's room would they have had time to go all the way upstairs and plant stuff in the crews quarters and 2A and 2B? Still worth the search though"

The party arrives in 2a, which is the room of Charlotte Sawyer. She occupies one of the two suite rooms on the ship. The bed is slightly larger, there's a desk and chair on one side of the room, and on the other there's a couch with a entertainment console/space television. There's also a larger closet and bathroom.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

There's also a larger closet

I'd like to inspect the contents of the closet

Arthur checks what was the last channel/movie on the console.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Tariq j said:

"Yeah 2A is good to go to next. Although if Parry (or whoever it was) killed Peck and planted evidence in Mallory's room would they have had time to go all the way upstairs and plant stuff in the crews quarters and 2A and 2B? Still worth the search though"

"And we still don't know how Parry could have gotten into Mallory's room in the first place as he's been unwilling to answer any follow up questions."

22 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the contents of the closet

The closet has some suitcases that are mostly empty and unpacked. There's also a safe and a combination space washer/dryer.

20 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will examine the desk.

The desk has a crumpled up note in it and not much else.

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur checks what was the last channel/movie on the console.

"And we still don't know how Parry could have gotten into Mallory's room in the first place as he's been unwilling to answer any follow up questions."

The last movie on the console was Dancing in the Stars, a drama feature film about a professional dancer who gets lost in space.

Just now, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will read the note.

The note has a glass outline on it as though a drink was on top of it. It reads:

""G—thanks for meeting with me earlier. It'll be our little secret. I think you'll find public policy will allow that project you've been trying to get approved. :wink: —C"

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

"Eh-hem! And I quote..."

Just now, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will read the note.

"Waaah! I wanted to read it! :cry_sad: :angry: Guess I'll go check the suitcases and find nothing like some unimportant side character!"

I'd like to check the suitcase's contents

Just now, Trekkie99 said:

"Eh-hem! And I quote..."

"Waaah! I wanted to read it! :cry_sad: :angry: Guess I'll go check the suitcases and find nothing like some unimportant side character!"

I'd like to check the suitcase's contents

The suitcase is mostly empty save a few clothing articles. Other than that, there's nothing very notable in them. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

The note has a glass outline on it as though a drink was on top of it. It reads:

""G—thanks for meeting with me earlier. It'll be our little secret. I think you'll find public policy will allow that project you've been trying to get approved. :wink: —C"

" "C" egh? That's either the Captain, Charlie, or you Charlotte right? The contents seems to imply Charlotte wrote it, but why would she have it if it was seemingly left under a cup for someone? Who was this for Charlotte?"

"Was it to George? What was the project and was it related to Alfie in any way?"

I'd like to check the bathroom

17 hours ago, Bob said:

The closet has some suitcases that are mostly empty and unpacked. There's also a safe and a combination space washer/dryer.

The last movie on the console was Dancing in the Stars, a drama feature film about a professional dancer who gets lost in space.

"Darn, that's one of my favorites."

"Mr. Seymour, could you remind us again what sorts of business you're involved in?"

18 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Was it to George? What was the project and was it related to Alfie in any way?"

"On the very first day, I received the very same note scrawled on a napkin underneath my drink. I assume Charlotte realized her mistake and rewrote the note to George. Or maybe it is the very same note I received with my drink. Did I lose it? I did get a bit drunk and locked up in handcuffs."

1 hour ago, jimmynick said:

"On the very first day, I received the very same note scrawled on a napkin underneath my drink. I assume Charlotte realized her mistake and rewrote the note to George. Or maybe it is the very same note I received with my drink. Did I lose it? I did get a bit drunk and locked up in handcuffs."

"Any particular reason you've held that information back, Mrs. Dawson? Or did I miss your sharing earlier? I'd think anything 'secretive' in nature would have aroused suspicion."

On 12/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to check the bathroom

The bathroom is filled with various toiletries. It’s a slightly bigger bathroom than normal cabins, with a bathtub/shower combination instead of just a shower. 

On 12/15/2020 at 11:37 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur checks the trash for any other loose notes.

There’s nothing outwardly visible in there.