Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter Five

"Various electrical devices, eh? I'll take a look at them."

Emily examines electrical devices in all states of repair.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, Trekkie99 said:

I'd like to inspect the small box of trinkets

The trinkets are various pieces of jewelry and other assorted items like that.

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur will check the cabinet.

The cabinet has a bunch of clothes in it, including several engineers overalls that are mostly clean.

17 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will examine the desk.

The desk has a personal computer on it as well as a few momentos. There's also a few personal papers inside the drawers.

14 hours ago, jimmynick said:

"Various electrical devices, eh? I'll take a look at them."

Emily examines electrical devices in all states of repair.

Emily investigates the devices. They're mostly engine components that are attempts to boost engine efficiency. 

I would like to strip naked because these are my quarters and I can do what I please here.

I'll take a shower while I'm at it.

Noah would like to stand in the bathroom doorway and watch.

15 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Grace would like to drag Noah out of the room.

"He looked the type didn't he?"

19 hours ago, Bob said:

There's also a few personal papers inside the drawers.

I'd like to check the personal papers

On 1/19/2021 at 8:25 PM, Hinckley said:

I would like to strip naked because these are my quarters and I can do what I please here.

I'll take a shower while I'm at it.

Gabriella takes a shower, because why not?

On 1/19/2021 at 11:01 PM, Kristel said:

Noah would like to stand in the bathroom doorway and watch.

Noah tries to watch but -

On 1/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace would like to drag Noah out of the room.

Is dragged away by Grace.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:34 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur checks the pockets of the uniforms in the closet. "Anything on those personal documents?"

The pockets have a variety of items from various passenger cabins throughout the ship and throughout the many trips that Gabriella has been engineer on. They range from simple stationary to expensive jewels.

On 1/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, Trekkie99 said:

"He looked the type didn't he?"

I'd like to check the personal papers

The personal papers are mostly just Gabriella's honorable discharge papers from the United Earth Navy and some certificates of sorts.

17 hours ago, Bob said:

The pockets have a variety of items from various passenger cabins throughout the ship and throughout the many trips that Gabriella has been engineer on. They range from simple stationary to expensive jewels.

"Anybody missing any valuables lately?"

On 1/22/2021 at 12:54 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"No," Grace says through the doorway, "But I think those constitute evidence of a crime. Not the one we're investigating, but still. Keep those separate from everything else."

Grace would like to use her datapad to interface with the personal computer and examine it for... anything really.  Also, would I be right in assuming that we can still revisit previous areas?

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"No," Grace says through the doorway, "But I think those constitute evidence of a crime. Not the one we're investigating, but still. Keep those separate from everything else."

Grace would like to use her datapad to interface with the personal computer and examine it for... anything really.  Also, would I be right in assuming that we can still revisit previous areas?

Yes, I'll give you a few revisits. The final chapter will see you in the lounge anyway. You can do final searches there while you submit the end questions to try to win the game. Also what exactly are you looking for? The personal computer is mostly full of engineering schematics and personal e-letters with Gabriella's cousin who lives on the Lunar colony. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:54 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

zNfe8Dd.jpg

"Hey! That's my favorite space-watch!" 

"Woah, that was...unusual. For awhile there, I felt as if we'd been kicked out of our world, and were stuck with nothing to do but just stand and wait outside hoping we'd eventually be let back in. Could all of this be...some kind of illusion? Computer! End program!... No? Oh well. Anyway..."

On 1/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bob said:

Yes, I'll give you a few revisits. The final chapter will see you in the lounge anyway. You can do final searches there while you submit the end questions to try to win the game. Also what exactly are you looking for? The personal computer is mostly full of engineering schematics and personal e-letters with Gabriella's cousin who lives on the Lunar colony. 

Having nothing better to do, Grace will read Gabriella's mail.

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Having nothing better to do, Grace will read Gabriella's mail.

It's mostly personal correspondence of various recollections from their childhoods. There's nothing really relevant to the ship or anything like that.

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"So if we aren't making it to the captain's quarters, anywhere we want to revisit?"

"Engineering. I want to have a look at the computer that was tampered with."

“After we visit engineering, I’d like to go to wherever we left Ezra. I feel like he might be in a better position to tell us some more information”. 

Grace will use her datapad to interface with the console in an attempt to see how it was tampered with.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:12 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Grace will use her datapad to interface with the console in an attempt to see how it was tampered with.

The console appears to have been hacked by someone who would know what they are doing with the intention to turn off main power. There's no fingerprints that are easily identified besides the ones found of Gabriella and the Captain.

If there's nothing else, we can end this Chapter and move on to the final one!