evancelt

[COR-FB] First Snow in Elizabethville

The first snow of the season has arrived in Elizabethville. The soldiers of the 26th Foot take turns between standing watch with the militia at Fort di Legno and gathering firewood from the nearby forests.

Lance Corporal Dryer has found a dry tree well where he sets up a chopping station on a stump. As he chops larger branches to manageable lengths, his comrades bring the wood back to camp to have close at hand.

That night at camp, they stay warm around a half-dozen fires and speculate as to their role in the coming war with Oleon.

snow-1.jpg

Spoiler

snow-2.jpg

snow-3.jpg

OOC: Back in 2012 I got my PhD in forest snow hydrology studying how snow gets intercepted in tree canopies. I wanted to try out a snow build with a tree that intercepted some of the snow to create a well.

Edited by evancelt

Great combination of winter and autumn.  You've got a lovely amount of those wood cross-sections too.  I don't have any small ones! :pir-look:

Thanks all! Was fun to bust out the white tiles and curved slopes for a snow build. While I don't have many tan tiles (as evidenced from my dirt builds), I have a whole ton of the white ones! Because the classic LEGO Pirates focus on the Caribbean there isn't often a chance to mix w/ snow!

Edited by evancelt

You always nail the autom builds/colors. Lovely small tree there, but the takeaway is how you did the snow. I really like the attention to detail as the much-treaded part of the camp is built using studs while the untouched snow is all smooth and tiles. Neat!