Hello, hope i am not only one, who think that 3mm rigid hose prices on bricklink are something out of this world, i wonder if anyone ever came to see some alternative to this part, since its no a "classic" lego piece that would need to match certain dimensions and specifications, exept diameter, and if there is a way to buy some large amount in a quite cheap way in multiple colours and right amount of ...bending properties. 

Hope it isn't offensive to lego itself, but paying quite a bit of money for few cm or so hoses is ridiculous

Is there a strimmer cable that would work for this? It’s not hollow so you couldn’t put flex cables through it but it might work nicely for supporting axle holes 

I have seen some of these on Aliexpress in 1m pieces, but I never tried them. But I bought pneumatic hoze on Ali before and it was great quality, so it might be worth a try.

These were never made by TLG anyway and came on large spools. I have an uncut 5m piece

Same thing with pneumatic hoses (both the rubber and the silicone type) and the ribbed hoses

Since "compatible LEGO pneumatic hoses" are easy to find on eBay, perhaps the stiff 3mm ones are as well?

I always though it would be great for TLG to sell long reels of pneumatic hoses and rigid tubing for MOCs. Getting hoses always seemed to be the biggest limitation to me. I have lots of hoses from sets, but cutting them to the lengths I need for a MOC means I can't use them again to create the original sets they came from.

I have seen this sort of tube used for RC planes it is used with a cable for control surfaces. Sorry I do not know what it is called.

37 minutes ago, allanp said:

I always though it would be great for TLG to sell long reels of pneumatic hoses and rigid tubing for MOCs. Getting hoses always seemed to be the biggest limitation to me. I have lots of hoses from sets, but cutting them to the lengths I need for a MOC means I can't use them again to create the original sets they came from.

I've wondered the same, why don't they sell the stuff by the meter for MOC builders? Same should go for strings and it would also be nice to be able to buy rubber bands directly from TLG in bulk in all the sizes currently produced.

I recently bought 25m spool of silicone hose for with the same dimensions as the official one from a plastics oriented department store. Cost about 20€.

I used RC car aerial tubes for mine. Just a fraction smaller than 3mm but still fits in clips etc.

800x450.jpg

Dead cheap from ebay or ali express (watch those shipping charges though!)

Many 'answers' here but no alternatives given, here you go:

1/8 inch at McMaster Carr for U.S.A. 1/8 inch outer diameter (they don't ship to Europe),
Flexible Nylon Opaque Tubing on this page in different colors:
https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/168
e.g. black:
https://www.mcmaster.com/5548k81

and Modulor Germany 3,2mm outer diameter:
https://www.modulor.de/en/abs-round-tube-opaque-coloured.html

Brass insert from Modular, recommended to use with these rigid hoses
https://www.modulor.de/en/round-rod-brass-oe-1-5-l-1000.html

But all in all with shipping also not cheap.

From the U.S. I have no experience with, these from Modular are color-wise very good but are more rigid. This is a good thing if you want to keep them straight, less good if you need to make small bends.

I also bought LEGO 32L 3mm rigid hose in bulk, these are still the best.
If a hose is currently in a set available there is a big chance you can also buy it at LEGO Bricks & Pieces cheaper than with scavengers on BrickLink.

I had build a prototype of this GBC with the Modular hoses but later decided to use 32L TLG hoses:

This one has Modulor hoses in the outside ring of the Roulette to hold the headlight bricks together (can't see the hoses)

Edited by Berthil

Part 57274 is the 32L rigid hose. It's currently available on bricks and pieces for £1.13. only in black though. 

It's still not cheap, and I don't know if it's a different price for other countries, but might be worth stocking up. 

Just joined here and have been working on a MOC myself. I typically try to stay to lego brand for everything, but the hose prices are outrageous. WeBricks sells the 3mm and 4mm hoses for cheap. They are the lego knock off brand and I just ordered some, so not sure of the quailty myself, but have heard good reviews. 

On 10/15/2022 at 4:56 AM, GeFuryy said:

Just joined here and have been working on a MOC myself. I typically try to stay to lego brand for everything, but the hose prices are outrageous. WeBricks sells the 3mm and 4mm hoses for cheap. They are the lego knock off brand and I just ordered some, so not sure of the quailty myself, but have heard good reviews. 

too bad one german company ran out of bussines with these, they had great quality,

please leave a review once they will arrive. 

thanks.