Sign in to follow this  
Chrismo72

Question about inspiration from other MOCs

I recently discovered a few pictures of a great MOC over at the Lego Ideas. Unfortunately the MOC has not gathered much support, and will probably never reach review stage. Based on the 6 pictures that was published, I managed to make a decent version of the model. Now i have I tweaked and changed it, and I am very happy with my result. Since I only had a few pictures to work with, my model is probably built quite different than the original model, but they look similar.

The question for you guys: Is it ok for me to publish my version of this MOC here on Euorobricks, as long as I make it very clear that it is inspired by another MOC? I will of course include a link to the Lego Ideas page where I found the original model. 

I have to tried to find a way to get in contact the original constructor, made my search came out empty.

I don't want to do something that will get med banned from the great Eurobricks.

Thanks for any answers and comments. 

Regards,

Chrismo

If you give the credit where it is due, then you are absolutely fine! 

It is very good of you to check and to desire to credit the other builder. I hope to see the build soon :classic:

Thank you neonic and Peppermint_M. I am in the final stages of making pictures of my MOC. Hopefully I will publish my MOC during this weekend :classic:

20 hours ago, neonic said:

Don't see the problem :classic:
Looking forward

16 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

If you give the credit where it is due, then you are absolutely fine! 

It is very good of you to check and to desire to credit the other builder. I hope to see the build soon :classic:

Here it is :classic: