Rick

10278 Police Station

22 hours ago, Shiva said:

Clumsybumsy and fordtruckin, cheers :) 

jus1973, keeping thumbs up here.

So 11 days in, and its not moved?  Grr.  I think this is more DPD tbh.  They’ve just dropped off my IKEA order including the cheap tables to start building my Lego town on, and they’ve literally dropped half the order, rendering it unusable.  Let’s hope the police station arrives in the correct number of pieces along with my GWP car too.

23 hours ago, AndreMW said:

Check Dover and you will realize that you simply got lucky.

All the traffic updates I can see are fine. For Dover, Harwich and Hull. Likewise Calais, Dunkerque, Zeebrugge and Hook van Holland.

This is DPD's incompetence.

Let's get back to discussing the modular and not shipping issues to the UK.

I build mine in "mirror", as I found that the purple donut store would be better at the side of the parisian restaurant, and the ad on the right side of the police station would not be visible (I have a wall on that side of my layout).

DSC_5361_1.JPG - DSC_5363_1.JPG

Some day I'll mayne move the Diner two studs back, to make the ad more visible.

Police car is from Leewan : https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/182073-moc-vintage-police-car/

Luckily all the non-symetric parts used for the basement (wedge bricks) are in same amount for left & right. The only exception is the wedge plate under the prisoner's bed, but it does not change anything to the result.

Edited by antp

8 hours ago, antp said:

I build mine in "mirror", as I found that the purple donut store would be better at the side of the parisian restaurant, and the ad on the right side of the police station would not be visible (I have a wall on that side of my layout).

DSC_5361_1.JPG - DSC_5363_1.JPG

Some day I'll mayne move the Diner two studs back, to make the ad more visible.

Police car is from Leewan : https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/182073-moc-vintage-police-car/

Luckily all the non-symetric parts used for the basement (wedge bricks) are in same amount for left & right. The only exception is the wedge plate under the prisoner's bed, but it does not change anything to the result.

If you built the Diner in the mirror version, then the ad would be visible too, and offer a flatter side for whatever is next to it on your layout.  Just an option?

I use the Diner as a kind of corner building already, so not an option in my case ;)

It is not easy to put all the buildings in a layout with its constraints, to have always the best building neighboor near each other

One Adam fourteen, Code 4 on that surfboard thief.

50920040876_839f6dd9c8_c.jpg

Thank you officers for returning our 1950's car doors!

50920172332_12b48615d3_c.jpg

International Donut Day, when all cops gather around a magical donut tree and eat donuts on a stick.

50920172347_3266d4198d_c.jpg

Bought this set yesterday (the availability of the Amelia Earhart GWP at the local LEGO Certified Store was enough incentive to jump on it rather than waiting for some slim chance of a discount on the set later) and IMO its the best modular of the lot.

So many wonderful designs and cool parts.

My only criticism is how hard the dark brown parts are to see in the instructions.

Edited by jonwil

I got my vintage car.  it ended up shipping and not being cx'ed.  I ordered day 1 in the afternoon here in the USA just for reference. Just if others were wondering status of theirs.

jim

Lego have given themselves a problem because they now seem to be in competition with their own fans!  If I was shown this set and asked if it was a very good fan MOC or a Pro design, I would honestly say MOC.  A MOD is clearly never going on win on Ideas, but there are far more innovative MODs on there & these pages than this set.  I think they need to up their game!

On 1/31/2021 at 4:47 AM, antp said:

It is not easy to put all the buildings in a layout with its constraints, to have always the best building neighboor near each other

This is both fun & frustrating. It’s definitely tricky getting the perfect placement, but it’s so satisfying when you do. 

On 2/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, koalayummies said:

One Adam fourteen, Code 4 on that surfboard thief.

50920040876_839f6dd9c8_c.jpg

Thank you officers for returning our 1950's car doors!

International Donut Day, when all cops gather around a magical donut tree and eat donuts on a stick.

I like how the newsstand is crammed in between the buildings, yet I find it kinda strange at the same time...:wacko:

I see you love the surfboard doors so much, you made a cop car! 

On 1/3/2021 at 4:35 PM, rriggs said:

I always buy the new modular every year on the first day my local Lego store is open (normally 2nd Jan)

However, this year the store is closed along with all other non essential retail so I have been unable to. I thought about buying online but as going to the store is part of the experience for me I am waiting until retail is allowed to reopen (maybe February...)

So, February was wishful thinking but I do now have the Police Station and was able to buy it from a LEGO Store which was nice. I got it a few weeks ago and have built it this week (I had a backlog of smaller sets to do first).

I am very pleased with the set. An awful lot of building in it, even compared to other modulars, and I think the first LEGO set I have with two loos. I was surprised that a new piece (to me anyway) in the shape of the 3x1 inverted tile was solely used as a toilet roll holder! I was particularly impressed with the colouring of the building on the outside with little or no patchy bits like with most of the other modulars. The only bit I didn’t like building was the decorative corner pillars on the front as these were very repetitive.

While building it, I found I was missing a 2x1 beige brick and had to use a spare of my own to finish the build. At the end I had a 2x1 beige sloped brick left over so went back through the instructions assuming I had messed up. Couldn’t see anything in the instructions so checked the inventory - there’s not supposed to be any 2x1 beige sloped bricks so looks like a mistaken substitution. I have ordered a replacement 2x1 beige brick and while I have had missing pieces in the past a substitution is a new one on me.

Now I am planning on taking the team, furniture, computers, etc from my City police station which is being replaced by this modular one and bringing it up to date. Modulars might be buildings from a particular era but all of mine are in a modern city layout…

Edited by rriggs

On 6/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, rriggs said:

while I have had missing pieces in the past a substitution is a new one on me.

In the few cases of missing pieces that I encountered, each time there was a random one replacing it (usually not even supposed to be in the set)

I guess that this fools the weight control, where the bags with a really missing part and no counterpart trigger some error.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, antp said:

In the few cases of missing pieces that I encountered, each time there was a random one replacing it (usually not even supposed to be in the set)

I guess that this fools the weight control, where the bags with a really missing part and no counterpart trigger some error.

I got a really weird one. When I was building 80107 Spring Lantern Festival instead of getting the third 1x3 white plate I got a trans clear mail box door...

Hello folks!  I am not sure if this quesiton had been answered here bfore.

So here it goes… I just finsihed buildking Police Station two months ago and something still bothers me. There is a crown/locus-like piece that is hidden beneath the stairs on he ground floor, what does it’s supppsoed to mean/represent?

On 6/22/2023 at 9:13 AM, Lion King said:

Hello folks!  I am not sure if this quesiton had been answered here bfore.

So here it goes… I just finsihed buildking Police Station two months ago and something still bothers me. There is a crown/locus-like piece that is hidden beneath the stairs on he ground floor, what does it’s supppsoed to mean/represent?

It's a reference to the Halloween Heist from Brooklyn Nine Nine.