Rick

10278 Police Station

13 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

My big thing was, what building would make sense being next to a police station with jail like that, but at the same time, not being as tall as Town Hall. 

Maybe the designers of next years Modular will think of something. They put the Book Shop next to the Donut Shop and they will certainly want to have nice pictures for next years Modular together with the Police Station.

For those interested, Bricks4Chris on YouTube has done his regular modular expansion (though his old channel was deleted so this is the only one you can see).

Video 1: 

Update 2:

On 1/5/2021 at 4:46 AM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Why not bricklink the market street? Just raise the levels by 1 brick for new doors and do something different with the hoses that are acting as railings. 

My big thing was, what building would make sense being next to a police station with jail like that, but at the same time, not being as tall as Town Hall. 

It’s an idea, but I’m more likely to MOC something TBH.  I think there are a few parts in Market Street that are not available so there are some work arounds which also puts me off.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:46 PM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Why not bricklink the market street? Just raise the levels by 1 brick for new doors and do something different with the hoses that are acting as railings.

Very good point! There's also the possibility of just focusing on obtaining the parts to recreate the "covered market/alleyway" area side of the set, since that's the part that really gives the billboard so much more visibility in your layout, and most of Market Street's rarer or more expensive parts are on the building side of the set.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:10 AM, westracing01 said:

My initial plan was to move Market Street and put the Police Station next to the Town Hall. That made the most sense but when I did it, the advertisement for the Soap & Suds was completely lost. So, scratch that. Then I thought, maybe next to the diner? With that  stairway on the side it would allow for good visibility and it's on the same street in my setup as the laundry. So I moved Birch Books over next to Town Hall and put the Police Station next to the Diner... No good. Birch Books looked terrible next to Town Hall and it didn't make sense. 

I finally wound up swapping the Pet Shop/Bown Stone over next to Town Hall, put the Police Station next to the Diner and slid Birch Books down. 

This is a neighborhood precinct to me, so placing it in with other buildings doesn't seem out of whack.

Lovely layout! IMO, these sort of flexible layout options are one of the biggest strengths of the "half-size" buildings in sets like Market Street, Pet Shop, and Bookshop. Even if they're designed with a specific side-by-side arrangement in mind, they can still be added to a layout separately if for some reason you decide that one of those two "halves" is especially well suited to different parts of your layout.

I also love that you added palm trees to your layout! It really gives your town a very unique vibe/character that's distinct from the impression that the sets tend to evoke on an individual level. Next to the Downtown Diner in particular it feels slightly reminiscent of Miami's Art Deco historic district, though based on the barricades, Ferrari flag, and race track markings, I suspect you were more inspired by Mediterranean cities like Monaco. In any case, you've definitely succeeded at creating a very unique-looking layout!

On 1/2/2021 at 8:11 AM, AFOLguy1970 said:

The display at the entrance to the story barely had anything at all since they will not display something that is not available.  

*cries in Monkie King Warrior Mech* :tongue: That set was on the list to buy...but no stock. They did have one on display, just to tease me I’m convinced. 

Breaking News! New Suspect Detained in Donut Heist!

Seems like the new police force in town is busy rounding up suspects in their missing donuts investigation. Here we see them finding a stash of treats from a barrel under the flower cart, the complimentary set to the Detective's Office. Looks like the flower vendor has some explaining to do!

flower guy detained.jpg

Friday midday, my Police Station arrived.

Sadly the outer box and the LEGO box damaged, not just a dent, but a hole even. Something heavy has fallen on it. All bags should be in there tho, I hope. + post office has made a rapport/notification of the damage.

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Friday midday, my Police Station arrived.

Sadly the outer box and the LEGO box damaged, not just a dent, but a hole even. Something heavy has fallen on it. All bags should be in there tho, I hope. + post office has made a rapport/notification of the damage.

I had the same problem with the Elves Clubhouse delivered in the U.K. luckily the lego box hole was small enough to prevent anything escaping.

I’m quite concerned about my Police Station, as it was promised by Friday, hasn’t arrived and using the DPD tracking number, it’s taken me to the .de site, showing my parcel as having undergone customs clearance in Oldham, UK, then in Mechelen, BE a day later.  I live in the U.K. 

I know there's issues with DPD not doing the correct paper work/it taking longer to fill out (Probably  partly Brexit, partly the pandemic) so things are taking longer than they should. It would've been dispatched from Belgium so maybe that customs update was just late to be added on. People in the UK have recieved there Police Stations though so fingers crossed it'll be with you soon!

4 hours ago, mattmarsden said:

I’m in UK and ordered on 31st December and its still saying in warehouse.

same problem here in NL. ordered jan 1st

Update, my order has just left the warehouse and is on my way :D

Edited by SollX

2 hours ago, mattmarsden said:

I’m in UK and ordered on 31st December and its still saying in warehouse.

6 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I had the same problem with the Elves Clubhouse delivered in the U.K. luckily the lego box hole was small enough to prevent anything escaping.

I’m quite concerned about my Police Station, as it was promised by Friday, hasn’t arrived and using the DPD tracking number, it’s taken me to the .de site, showing my parcel as having undergone customs clearance in Oldham, UK, then in Mechelen, BE a day later.  I live in the U.K. 

I'm also in the UK and am waiting for my Police Station to arrive which I ordered at midnight on Jan 1st. Status says it's still in warehouse. I rang customer services on Thursday and was told they couldn't give me a date for when it will be dispatched. He said none of the UK orders have been sent out yet because they are still waiting for the border issues to be resolved with DPD. I do know of other people in the UK who have received their orders though so hopefully the orders must be starting to trickle through slowly now.

Just hoping I'll still get the vintage car GWP now that it's sold out. :look:

Edited by Bricked1980

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Just hoping I'll still get the vintage car GWP now that it's sold out. :look:

If it is in the warehouse it is just waiting for transport. The car should already be in the package i think

8 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Did it register on Mechelen, before Oldham? Or only after  Oldham? if the latter, then I think that the Mechelen info has been delayed a day or 2.

My luck might be, that the ripped edges of the hole go inwards, that should have hold everything inside.

I wonder, is there any easier way to find how many of each bag there is, than to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFEegQ5Wt0 from start to end?

Anyone of you know how many bags of each number there is?

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Each number has one or two bags, I believe 6, 9, 10, 13 and 14 have two and that 11 and 12 have one. Sadly, I cannot remember the rest and I don't know if I'm certain.

Of course, if you are under the impression that you miss bags with a certain number, you can check that section of the instructions. If you fear it spoils the build, contacting LEGO itself would be the best course of action.

17 hours ago, Shiva said:

Did it register on Mechelen, before Oldham? Or only after  Oldham? if the latter, then I think that the Mechelen info has been delayed a day or 2.

My luck might be, that the ripped edges of the hole go inwards, that should have hold everything inside.

I wonder, is there any easier way to find how many of each bag there is, than to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFEegQ5Wt0 from start to end?

Yeah,  5th registered in Oldham, and then 6th Mechelen.  Still no sign of it though.  Here’s hoping it arrives Monday.

I've built mine today, it is a compelling build. I love the fact that the outer side walls don't have any strange colors/patterns. It is a must have for the avid collectors, enthousiasts AND beginners of the modular line.

14 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

10 days and still waiting :cry_sad:

Is it just DPD having border issues?  Why don't Lego switch to another courier?

That is actually Brexit in Real Life. And it  may even get worse as long as 10 does not get its act together.

Edited by AndreMW

10 hours ago, AndreMW said:

That is actually Brexit in Real Life. And it  may even get worse as long as 10 does not get its act together.

I've had a Bricklink shipment from Lithuania (final drop by Royal Mail) which came through without issue. LEGO will already be registered for VAT in the UK so any issues will purely be DPD's incompetence.