Rick

10278 Police Station

Does somebody know on what time on 1 january we can usually expect the release of the new Modular set?

I hope it won't be exactly 12 o'clock (UTC + 1) since it won't be any fun to both celebrate the new year and refresh a shoppage...

I found this article in brick set. They present the new Chinese lantern festival set, with the modulars. The only thing I don’t like, is that, the sidewalk is smaller then the modulars one.

https://brickset.com/article/56954/integrating-the-spring-lantern-festival-into-your-modular-street?fbclid=IwAR0qJKVc5IUdEutcP0EZbopzM6gflEm88oEHIx-jpFO269ZvWJHvnb5Rf8E#.X-hyQw25iSA.facebook

Ordered :) Looking forward to that nice vintage car, hope that on next friday, it will stand next to my other buildings on the shelf :D

Just bought it online; at midnight, the site encountered some bugs so I had to delay my purchase till this morning

I also had problems with the VIP points: even though my VIP account is in Canada, I sometimes buy some sets in USA, when the exchange rate is favorable ?. Maybe my VIP card was emitted a few years ago in USA, I don’t recall. When I tried to apply the VIP code for the points accumulated, the site mentioned that the code wasn’t valid for this country (Canada). The last time I used my card, it was in a Lego store and I remember that the clerk had some issues to apply the VIP points, but was finally able to do so. Since our stores are closed because of the pandemic until January 11, I didn’t want to miss the GWP (you know, the « while supplies last » thing)

waiting for the consumer service to help me for that issue... Happy New Year every one !??

Went down to the Lego Store this morning. Opened at 10AM, got there at 10:30AM, line was 20 people deep to get in... Got the last one on the shelf.

Until they went in the back and brought out 4 more... Haha. I actually asked the guy if they had any more and he said, "sure do." OK cool, I'm not getting the last one. I was worried because I saw at least 3 people in front of me walk out with the Police Station. 

The car is really cool. Very clever.

I had no intention of ordering it from the website. For how many problems USPS, FedEx and UPS are having right now, I wasn't gambling on it getting lost. Already have at least one package that's over a week late.

Just now, westracing01 said:

I had no intention of ordering it from the website. For how many problems USPS, FedEx and UPS are having right now, I wasn't gambling on it getting lost. Already have at least one package that's over a week late.

The packages aren't really lost, they're just overloaded. People complaining about their things being in the same location for so long because their distribution chain is packed full.

What a roller coaster...got to the mall with 50 minutes to spare. First ones waiting outside with a few others showing up. About 10 minutes to go time & the security guard comes to open the door....or so we thought. He told us to go to the other door....where we were welcomed by another 25 people waiting....:sadnew: Standing in line I was starting to get angry, but everything turned out fine, got it! 

On a different note, the store got 42 sets. When you see the line it doesn’t seem like enough, but that got me thinking....anyone know of that’s the usual number or is it lower due to the stupid year we’ve all had?

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

On a different note, the store got 42 sets. When you see the line it doesn’t seem like enough, but that got me thinking....anyone know of that’s the usual number or is it lower due to the stupid year we’ve all had?

My local store only had 22 in, which were all sold out at 17:30. But, there are three more LEGO stores within 20-40 minutes, so maybe they look at catchment areas, rather than stores.

10 hours ago, koalayummies said:

The packages aren't really lost, they're just overloaded. People complaining about their things being in the same location for so long because their distribution chain is packed full.

This is true. I have had the unfortunate experience of having the USPS lose something important on me before, so I'm a bit jaded. Hopefully everyone can get their sets in a timely fashion or make it to a store to get one in person. 

I had to make room on my track for the new Police Station so Green Grover got moved to the inside and the Police Station will take up residence right next to Town Hall. I'll see how that looks and decide on placement from there.

Wife has to finish the Stranger Things Upside Down so I have the kitchen table to build on :pir_laugh2:

Edited by westracing01

Just finished building. I thought it was very enjoyable. There are some great details & cool techniques.i especially liked the corner p areas of the station, the dark tan/tan section was a neat build. One minor nitpick, it would’ve been nice to see the baton return for this set...it would’ve been a welcome addition. 

McVeigh is two for two with me(Elf Clubhouse as well).

Edited by Vindicare

13 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

My local store only had 22 in, which were all sold out at 17:30. But, there are three more LEGO stores within 20-40 minutes, so maybe they look at catchment areas, rather than stores.

Wow, I am surprised that they held out that long!  Had there been only 22 at Dallas North Park, they would not have made it past the first hour.  There were fifty people in line, ten ahead of us.  Almost all of the 10 had a Police Station and a Trouble on Tatooine set.  I will bet that store is fairly wiped out on inventory at this moment.  The display at the entrance to the story barely had anything at all since they will not display something that is not available.  

I always buy the new modular every year on the first day my local Lego store is open (normally 2nd Jan)

Stocks are normally pretty good there with plenty out back to replenish as those on the shop floor are sold and if there is a queue it tends to be pretty short 

However, this year the store is closed along with all other non essential retail so I have been unable to. I thought about buying online but as going to the store is part of the experience for me I am waiting until retail is allowed to reopen (maybe February...)

Might see if my local large supermarket has any 2021 Lego in stock (they normally have a few small City sets) when I go there food shopping later this week to tide me over until I can get to a Lego store

2 hours ago, rriggs said:

However, this year the store is closed along with all other non essential retail so I have been unable to. I thought about buying online but as going to the store is part of the experience for me I am waiting until retail is allowed to reopen (maybe February...)

I’m one of those lucky UK residents with non essential shops open, however online was where i placed my order too.  I just can’t see a toy shop being somewhere I’d want to spend a lot of time currently.

2 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

I put the police station next to Market Street so you could better see the advertisement if you were walking on the street. I think it came out quite nicely. wB7MmKR.jpg

That’s definitely the place to put it if you’ve been collecting long enough (I haven’t!).  I’m gonna put it next to 80107 for the same reasons and hope it doesn’t look too bad....

23 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

That’s definitely the place to put it if you’ve been collecting long enough (I haven’t!).  I’m gonna put it next to 80107 for the same reasons and hope it doesn’t look too bad....

I'm not sure if the bright colors of the garden would fit well with the Police Station... I believe the garden would look good with the Ninjago Movie modulars nonetheless.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:17 PM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

I put the police station next to Market Street so you could better see the advertisement if you were walking on the street. I think it came out quite nicely. wB7MmKR.jpg

That looks about perfect.  Sadly only been collecting Modulars since the Palace Cinema, so will probably have to slide it in next to the Downtown Diner to achieve the same effect.  If i could reverse build the Parisian Restaurant, then I think that might look just as good.

6 hours ago, jus1973 said:

That looks about perfect.  Sadly only been collecting Modulars since the Palace Cinema, so will probably have to slide it in next to the Downtown Diner to achieve the same effect.  If i could reverse build the Parisian Restaurant, then I think that might look just as good.

Why not bricklink the market street? Just raise the levels by 1 brick for new doors and do something different with the hoses that are acting as railings. 

My big thing was, what building would make sense being next to a police station with jail like that, but at the same time, not being as tall as Town Hall. 

My initial plan was to move Market Street and put the Police Station next to the Town Hall. That made the most sense but when I did it, the advertisement for the Soap & Suds was completely lost. So, scratch that. Then I thought, maybe next to the diner? With that  stairway on the side it would allow for good visibility and it's on the same street in my setup as the laundry. So I moved Birch Books over next to Town Hall and put the Police Station next to the Diner... No good. Birch Books looked terrible next to Town Hall and it didn't make sense. 

I finally wound up swapping the Pet Shop/Bown Stone over next to Town Hall, put the Police Station next to the Diner and slid Birch Books down. 

This is a neighborhood precinct to me, so placing it in with other buildings doesn't seem out of whack. 

Potato Photo's

IMG-20210105-105938357-HDR.jpg

IMG-20210105-105929089.jpg

Edited by westracing01