Rick

10278 Police Station

On 12/12/2020 at 4:20 AM, Follows Closely said:

Like most, an extra floor looks nice on this one.

Lol, after looking at this photoshop the normal set starts to look like a 'skinny' mod!

On 12/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, Brick387 said:

A picture of the car has surfaced on Brickset and it looks really good nonetheless.

I feel like this set has some really clever ideas that add up to a slightly awkward car. I do want one if the GWP threshold is sane though

15 minutes ago, Merlict said:

I feel like this set has some really clever ideas that add up to a slightly awkward car. I do want one if the GWP threshold is sane though

I really don't like the surfboards for doors. I understand it is meant to be streamlined and all that but, especially with the beach background used for the box, it makes it look like they have strapped surfboards to the side of the car.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

I really don't like the surfboards for doors. I understand it is meant to be streamlined and all that but, especially with the beach background used for the box, it makes it look like they have strapped surfboards to the side of the car.

Wait, have I been looking at this wrong the whole time? Because I just assumed that that was indeed supposed to be a surfboard strapped to the side. :look:

56 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Wait, have I been looking at this wrong the whole time? Because I just assumed that that was indeed supposed to be a surfboard strapped to the side. :look:

Haha yes. Though it is not the doors, its the white area that alot of old american cars have on the sude

1 hour ago, Brick387 said:

It looks like the car will indeed be the GWP with the Police Station. 

Vintage Car PS2.png

Hopefully available on January 1, because I do not see the initial stock of Police Stations lasting long.  

20 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I took it as emulating a Chevy Bel Air. It’s just this is one of those times where you can’t see a piece for anything other than what it is. It was clever usage...but it just...it’s a surfboard. I love the car & do hope it accompanies the Modular on the first. 

7 hours ago, Brick387 said:

It looks like the car will indeed be the GWP with the Police Station. 

I'm assuming that it's tagged with modular building because it is to scale with modulars, but I don't know if it'll be a GWP for ONLY the modulars.

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

I'm assuming that it's tagged with modular building because it is to scale with modulars, but I don't know if it'll be a GWP for ONLY the modulars.

Yeah, that's a valid point.

10 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Hopefully available on January 1, because I do not see the initial stock of Police Stations lasting long.  

Probably minutes along with the wait list thing to even access the website like the day after thanskgiving. Mostly scooped up by bricklink resellers.

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Probably minutes along with the wait list thing to even access the website like the day after thanskgiving. Mostly scooped up by bricklink resellers.

What I’m slightly worried about is store stock. Me & buddy went when the Ecto-1 was released. They had 15 sets. Granted I think the Modulars are more popular & that should mean they’ll have more stock...that’s only a guess. Plus, we’ll get there early enough(hopefully). 

Promobricks is reporting that the Ideas car 40448 will be a GWP for spend over Eur85 on anything, so not limited to the modulars. Which hopefully means they made enough stock not to sell out within a few minutes like the Hagrid BrickHeadz for Harry Potter.

45 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Promobricks is reporting that the Ideas car 40448 will be a GWP for spend over Eur85 on anything, so not limited to the modulars. Which hopefully means they made enough stock not to sell out within a few minutes like the Hagrid BrickHeadz for Harry Potter.

I don't like the idea of a GWP. I can't get it, since Lego doesn't ship to Bulgaria. So as much as i want this set, there is no way i can get it...:( unless at the secondary market, where the price will be astronomical...i guess!

14 hours ago, koalayummies said:

A limit of 1 will hopefully limit this potential problem.  

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

What I’m slightly worried about is store stock. Me & buddy went when the Ecto-1 was released. They had 15 sets. Granted I think the Modulars are more popular & that should mean they’ll have more stock...that’s only a guess. Plus, we’ll get there early enough(hopefully). 

My plan is to try and order the Police Station online the second it becomes available.  I will likely still go to the Lego store and be there an hour before it opens on the 1st with my son, because he wants a couple of things.  If I succeed in ordering, it takes the pressure off of relying on the store stock as my last chance.  Last year, there were several people waiting for the bookshop when it opened.  We were first in line.  I grabbed the Bookshop while my son grabbed the Mandalorian battle pack and something else.  When we left the store 15 minutes later, there were still several modulars available and anyone who wanted one could have grabbed it by then.  With the known stock problems, COVID, and other factors, I have a feeling it is going to be more competitive this year.  

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Oh, we’re DEFINITELY getting there early enough!!! :D

I hope getting this won't be like getting a Sony PS5 Console.  It shouldn't be right?

1 hour ago, MT480 said:

I hope getting this won't be like getting a Sony PS5 Console.  It shouldn't be right?

Kid tells his father he wants the new PlayStation but his father thought he said Police Station and buys this.

But really his father is an unscrupulous scalper using automated bots and virtual credit cards to purchase products online the instant they become available and is stockpiling both (along with RTX 3090s, Nintendo Switches, Nikes, Adidas, isopropyl) in order to resell well above msrp. Kid gets a Hatchimal from last year instead.

Here in Brisbane the local LEGO stores have mostly had good stock levels of everything in 2020 (even in-demand things like the Cantina and Batwing have actually been available and didn't get instantly snagged up).

Buying from an actual store (if you are able to do that) is probably the best way to ensure you snag a copy rather than chancing an online purchase.

12 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

A limit of 1 will hopefully limit this potential problem.  

My plan is to try and order the Police Station online the second it becomes available.  I will likely still go to the Lego store and be there an hour before it opens on the 1st with my son, because he wants a couple of things.  If I succeed in ordering, it takes the pressure off of relying on the store stock as my last chance.  Last year, there were several people waiting for the bookshop when it opened.  We were first in line.  I grabbed the Bookshop while my son grabbed the Mandalorian battle pack and something else.  When we left the store 15 minutes later, there were still several modulars available and anyone who wanted one could have grabbed it by then.  With the known stock problems, COVID, and other factors, I have a feeling it is going to be more competitive this year.  

I’m honestly not sure how it’s going to be. I obviously want to believe there will be nobody standing there when we show up...:tongue: but it’s the Modular. Went twice in Nov, for Sesame Street & Ecto-1, on release days Andy it was very quiet so I’m half expecting it to be quieter than normal. Again though, it’s the Modular, arguably more popular than both of those aforementioned sets. 

Not sure what that type of car has to do with a police station, but free is free. 

On 12/16/2020 at 7:25 AM, street87 said:

I don't like the idea of a GWP. I can't get it, since Lego doesn't ship to Bulgaria. So as much as i want this set, there is no way i can get it...:( unless at the secondary market, where the price will be astronomical...i guess!

How much would you be willing to spend on one? Figure if you don’t want the box, it’s going to be like $15 to ship in a padded envelope. 

would it be cheaper for you just to bricklink it?

15 minutes ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Not sure what that type of car has to do with a police station

Nothing since it was a fan vote so any type of car could win, however it do fit nicely with the modular street..

1 hour ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Not sure what that type of car has to do with a police station, but free is free. 

How much would you be willing to spend on one? Figure if you don’t want the box, it’s going to be like $15 to ship in a padded envelope. 

would it be cheaper for you just to bricklink it?

i am not sure the price will be so low. $15? Never crossed my mind to bricklink it...:)But if there will be rare parts, i guess the price will go up from that. But, it would've been better if it was a regular ideas set...:)

22 hours ago, street87 said:

i am not sure the price will be so low. $15? Never crossed my mind to bricklink it...:)But if there will be rare parts, i guess the price will go up from that. But, it would've been better if it was a regular ideas set...:)

I just shipped the hot rod gwp to your area and it cost about that price via the USPS. Now to find someone willing to sell you, theirs.