Rick

10278 Police Station

59 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

The more I look at it the more I like it. But, to me, looks nothing like a police station. So I’ll be MODding mine into a library. Making it fill up a 32x32 baseplate and deleting the 2 side buildings.

That's what I was thinking. Specially with the simple tile reading 'Police.' Just remove that tile and it could easily be a small court house or another library.

I particularly dislike the inverted jumpers on the facade. Would have looked a ton better with the old style jumpers! Heck even 1x2 plates would have looked better ..

It's grand, but it has no finesse. No railing on that very important staircase? No prints on the 1x1 tiles on that board with the red rubberband? Heck, there are current 1x1 tiles with print that could be used. Wheres' the cool furniture?

I'm always expecting TLG to up the ante on these sets, even the last one had cool things going on, allthough it wasn't universally liked (and same thing with the Corner Garage), but this one? Nothing cool going on as far as I can see?

2 hours ago, 1974 said:

This has to be the worst italian restaurant ever! :thumbdown:

But it's a nice police HQ. Good idea with the side buildings

However, I'm not seeing any cool building details nor any nice interior furniture. Nothing that surpasses the PC and that was quite a number of years ago 

The columns at the front are just too easy, give us something better, please. TLG have done it before 

It does look nice, but there's nothing extraordinary about it. it's rather bland ...

Some neat building details that caught my eye include:

• The cornices along the roofline, which use the new inverted arch together with unprinted Minecraft wolf heads, of all things!
  • The quoins along the left and right sides of the station's facade
  • The 1.5 x 1.5 corner arches forming the capital of each column, with offset plates/tiles joining them together over top of each window
  • The wooden support beam underneath the window air conditioner. This one took some time for me to figure out how it was even attached!
  • The entirely SNOTted staircase construction with triangular tiles along the inside edge
  • The corrugated steel rooftop water tank
  • The SNOTted window trim around the apartment's front window
  • The scalloped edge of the donut shop's awning
  • The stacks of gear plates as decorative shrubs
  • The crawling ivy that wraps around the police station's front left corner.

As far as interiors are concerned, there's still quite a bit that the official pics don't show from great angles, such as:

• The record player in the thief's apartment
  • The water cooler in the police station lobby
  • The crawl space below the police station
  • The third-floor interrogation room and bathroom
  • Any and all features inside the Sand Green building's attic, since it's pretty spacious and has a door that opens into the police station. Maybe a utility closet or evidence lockup? EDIT: An evidence locker is mentioned in the set description, so that might be exactly what that room is.

All of these details are currently only visible as glimpses through the upstairs windows or from a top-down perspective in some of the lifestyle photographs. I suspect we might not get a clearer look at them until a designer video and/or reviews of the set show up online.

Edited by Aanchir

1 hour ago, MT480 said:

Anyway, is there a designer video up? Or anyone know when they usually release one?  And I’m not talking about the live reveal.

The designer video is usually up in a few days.

Again and again ! Even though a police station wasn’t on my top priority subject for a modular, I think this one will have a spot in my city display ! It will make a complementary addition to TH and FB as another public service. I love the classic architecture and enjoy the choice of colors. Also, the publicity board is a nice reminder of a former modular. I wish that this idea - of a publicity board- will be repeated: it could be then integrated in a future modular wall, like a painted mural at the beginning of the previous century, before all the neons signs or even a beautiful graffiti 

2 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

That's what I was thinking. Specially with the simple tile reading 'Police.' Just remove that tile and it could easily be a small court house or another library.

They way it’s built it could be many different things! Even though I’m disappointed with it as a police station it’s going to be GREAT as something else!

9 hours ago, Friscorays said:

One of videos on Lego site shows donut thief digging himself out of jail (there is a removable floor section in the police station intake area)!

That guy really HUNGERS for them donuts. :shark: :shark:

After looking at the reveal picture's, this looks like a nice set.  For me, not interested in a a police station, but this set so well done feel very easy to convert the main building into whatever!  if I keep it a police station, will need some parking near by for vehicles.

Like some, I don't care for that bathroom. One thing I did notice was that there is no space for cooking the donuts in the Donut shop, its a bummer, unless its somewhere else that we haven't seen yet. Or its probably just a donut shop that gets it donuts delivered to them like gas stations. :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Boettner Builds said:

They way it’s built it could be many different things! Even though I’m disappointed with it as a police station it’s going to be GREAT as something else!

So true. I can't wait to see what others turn into.

1 hour ago, Boettner Builds said:

Agree! When I know that's police station, I definitely hate it! That's no way especially I have 3 police stations (one demolish, one of the change to office), more than 80 policemen, 10+ police motorbikes, 10+ police vehicles, 4+ police helicopters....

This building end up like this... At least we can change it to library/court house/office/town hall so easily... At least better than the fire station.... (Which is the only modular I have not bought in my town )

This is not my favorites at all, but I could consider to buy it if that's some big discount later on in 2021 or 2022

16 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

I'm impressed and a must buy if one has the bank already.

The police station is a step up from the bookshop for sure.

I agree that's kind of upgrade for the bank... (Actually the concept is really similar!)!

10 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Box is labeled "Modular Buildings Collection."  In US Shop at Home it is under Creator Expert tab.  If you don't see it in the Lego Shop at Home in your part of the world, try searching the set number.

I just want to make sure.

Because the box doesn't look like that of the past modular buildings...

12 hours ago, CopperTablet said:

You can teach your children about the brutal enforcers of capitalism with this set.

It's actually the consumers who enforce capitalism.

So be sure to buy hand crafted toys from local producers and not products mass produced by large multi-national corporations like the LEGO Group. :pir-grin:

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The designer video is usually up in a few days.

Yep after its on shelves. So wait until january :)

1 hour ago, BrickFit26 said:

Like some, I don't care for that bathroom. One thing I did notice was that there is no space for cooking the donuts in the Donut shop, its a bummer, unless its somewhere else that we haven't seen yet. Or its probably just a donut shop that gets it donuts delivered to them like gas stations. :def_shrug:

So true. I can't wait to see what others turn into.

This is just shop you see... Donuts are baked in nearby bakery on AS ;)

I dunno if anyone else has already pointed this out but there looks to be another set of stairs leading to somewhere on the first floor.
Could be a small basement or something...

48 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

It's actually the consumers who enforce capitalism.

So be sure to buy hand crafted toys from local producers and not products mass produced by large multi-national corporations like the LEGO Group. :pir-grin:

OOF. 

Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

I dunno if anyone else has already pointed this out but there looks to be another set of stairs leading to somewhere on the first floor.
Could be a small basement or something...

They go to the back door and outside. But there is still the intrigue of the crack in the foundation wall so there might be something else to it.

NICE!

Love that old typerider ( i hope it's a printed piece )

Thanks for sharing this!

Greetings!

2 minutes ago, carebear said:

NICE!

Love that old typerider ( i hope it's a printed piece )

Thanks for sharing this!

Greetings!

Every decoratef piece in the set is printed. Designer said that and Lego odficial description confirms it as well :)

37 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

They go to the back door and outside. But there is still the intrigue of the crack in the foundation wall so there might be something else to it.

Isn’t the crack part of the escape from the gaol cell storytelling / play mechanism?

When I saw the newspaper stand, then the printed typewriter and the pin board, I realized...this building would make a perfect newspaper headquarters!

Great ideas on turning it into a school, museum, or library. For me, I will moc this modular to become the home of the “Daily Brick”!

28 minutes ago, stecube said:

Curious that the designer chose to use a train door for the evidence locker

Where? Yu mean in the attic of the snad green building (third floor)?