Hello Ferrari and Speed Champions fans,

Ferrari Testarossa is a legendary supercar of 1980s. It is a two-door coupé from 1986 and it is the red version of the car from the TV series Miami Vice as the used Lego windscreen is not available with white decoration. Almost 10,000 Testarossas, 512 TRs, and F512 Ms were produced, making it one of the most-produced Ferrari models, despite its high price and exotic design. Building instructions are available on the following links:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-57875/_TLG_/ferrari-testarossa/

https://www.mocsmarket.com/lego-mocs/lego-instructions-ferrari-testarossa/

UPDATE: Oct, 2021 - This MOC is available as kit too :) :

https://mocsmaker.com/product/custom-building-kit-tr-84/

It is a studless build in the new, 8 studs wide Speed Champions style.  I wanted to create a sleek model which is as accurate as possible in this small scale. I minimized the use of stickers to keep the flexibility of the used parts in further builds. (Third picture shows the model without any stickers.)

My intent was to keep the width-length-height ratio of the real car and this size makes it possible. The model contains lots of details: for example the emblematic side intakes with the bottom black stripe, the turn signal lights on the sides, the side-view mirrors, the front grill with the head lights, the iconic rear side with the vehicle registration plate. Maybe the most challenging one was the interior where the seat assemblies hold side panels too. I tried to fill every unecessary gaps and therefore some tricky build techniques are used.

The model has space for two minifigures. I suggest to use small hairs. Without the seats minifigures with bigger hairs can be used too if they are leaned back.

Thanks for visiting,

_TLG_

50652405447_f448640a30_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_01 by László Torma, on Flickr

50651569823_8fb8513328_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_02 by László Torma, on Flickr

50652316956_53b7cee380_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_03 by László Torma, on Flickr

50652317341_37517eb4d2_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_04 by László Torma, on Flickr

50652404707_dc33360a2d_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_05 by László Torma, on Flickr

50651570558_4658e00987_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_06 by László Torma, on Flickr

50652317766_a9f9b80bdc_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_07 by László Torma, on Flickr

50652405187_11e24f5c69_c.jpgFerrariTestarossa_byTLG_08 by László Torma, on Flickr

Edited by _TLG_
Lego kit link added

Beautiful shaping and instantly recognizable. I'd just replace one of the red grilles with a black one.

4 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Beautiful shaping and instantly recognizable. I'd just replace one of the red grilles with a black one.

Thanks a lot! The increasing sense of depth in the side air intakes are created by changing the color underneath the grill tiles from red to black. I am not sure which grill would like to change, the top rear one?

21 minutes ago, _TLG_ said:

Thanks a lot! The increasing sense of depth in the side air intakes are created by changing the color underneath the grill tiles from red to black. I am not sure which grill would like to change, the top rear one?

I think either one could work.

15 minutes ago, neonic said:

realy nice

12 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

This is downright perfect!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, _TLG_ said:

Hello Ferrari and Speed Champions fans

What if we're neither but still think its fantastic? Seriously great work, I think its better than all the speed champions sets so far. Especially like that it uses the city wheel arches/fenders as the SC ones can be a bit restrictive. Most excellent work on the shape and scale for a perfect recreation.

6 hours ago, koalayummies said:

What if we're neither but still think its fantastic? Seriously great work, I think its better than all the speed champions sets so far. Especially like that it uses the city wheel arches/fenders as the SC ones can be a bit restrictive. Most excellent work on the shape and scale for a perfect recreation.

Thanks a lot! I am really glad that you like it even if you are not a Ferrari or Speed Champions fan :) Regarding the mudguards I agree with you, the SC ones look good, but they are a bit big. If they were used, then the car should be one plate higher, and there would be some problems at rear end too, the ratios of the real car couldn't be kept. So I preferred City ones, but I filled the gaps for a more smooth apparance.

Woah, that's crazy good!! You've captured the looks at that scale impressively well! There is no doubting what the car is meant to be. I understand the comment about maybe changing one of the grilles to black, but personally I agree with you that the black underneath does provide the depth feeling and I don't think it needs changing. 

The lines on the bonnet (or hood) look great and the half depth that the centre part drops down is a great touch! Equally impressive is the entire rear with the sloping cheese wedges angled. 

Would be nice to see a pic of the interior too, with the window and roof removed. I'm already teased by the small bits of tan I can see! 

Additionally, your pontiac firebird trans am is also instantly recognisable and looks equally as perfect! I'm not one for collecting speed champion cars (they're good, but just not typically my kinda thing), but damn, I may just have to get the instructions for both of those!! 

Just gorgeous. Superb recreation.

I was hoping that the SC classic Porsche 911 would trigger a Testarossa set (in white of course, I grew up watching MV) but alas no sign of that.

So impressive! I had a poster of the Testarossa on my wall as a child and at first glance I thought someone had posted an image of that by mistake. Brilliant work.

5 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Woah, that's crazy good!! You've captured the looks at that scale impressively well! There is no doubting what the car is meant to be. I understand the comment about maybe changing one of the grilles to black, but personally I agree with you that the black underneath does provide the depth feeling and I don't think it needs changing. 

The lines on the bonnet (or hood) look great and the half depth that the centre part drops down is a great touch! Equally impressive is the entire rear with the sloping cheese wedges angled.

Thanks a lot, I am really glad you like it!

5 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Would be nice to see a pic of the interior too, with the window and roof removed. I'm already teased by the small bits of tan I can see!  

It is a good idea, maybe I will shot some more pictures about the interior.

58 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Just gorgeous. Superb recreation.

I was hoping that the SC classic Porsche 911 would trigger a Testarossa set (in white of course, I grew up watching MV) but alas no sign of that.

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately the windscreen is not available in white. However, everything else exist in white too, so a white one could be built too if the windscreen decoration is changed to white by stickers.

56 minutes ago, BenA said:

So impressive! I had a poster of the Testarossa on my wall as a child and at first glance I thought someone had posted an image of that by mistake. Brilliant work.

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Beautiful shaping of the vehicle. Fantastic build. 

Thanks a lot!

56 minutes ago, McHaleBerg said:

this thing looks amazing, well done

Thanks a lot!

8 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

oh wow. This is not normally a scale I like, but this is really well done. Now only if it were in white.

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately the windscreen is available only with red or black decoration, but if some custom, white stickers were used on it, then the car could be white too :)

That looks amazing!

How long did it take to perfect it like that? I love the speed champions theme and have started to make a few MOCs myself however I am only on 6 stud wide at the moment no where near your level!

26 minutes ago, LegoMFP_David said:

That looks amazing!

How long did it take to perfect it like that? I love the speed champions theme and have started to make a few MOCs myself however I am only on 6 stud wide at the moment no where near your level!

Thanks a lot!

It taken appr. a month :) to build it, and some additional time to make the instructions and photos. Of course it was not a full time build, but each time when it seemed to be finalized, I had found  some improvement :) The front was changed 5 times, there were two versions for the sides and the seats with some side elements was a real challenging detail.

2 hours ago, _TLG_ said:

Thanks a lot!

It taken appr. a month :) to build it, and some additional time to make the instructions and photos. Of course it was not a full time build, but each time when it seemed to be finalized, I had found  some improvement :) The front was changed 5 times, there were two versions for the sides and the seats with some side elements was a real challenging detail.

Well all I can say from a fan is thank you for taking the time and effort to build it and make the instructions etc

When I get paid this month I will spare some money to buy the instructions! defiantly need this in my collection

1 hour ago, LegoMFP_David said:

Well all I can say from a fan is thank you for taking the time and effort to build it and make the instructions etc

When I get paid this month I will spare some money to buy the instructions! defiantly need this in my collection

Thanks, I am glad you like it!