CapOnBOBS

[OL FB1] Ship Mast Plantation Eltina

On the outskirts of Eltina, the Beauchamp Family has built a large plantation to capitalize on the Jewel's unique climate.

ShipMastPlantation_7

The slopes running into the water and the calm breeze of the island's South-East coves are ideal for the most strategic of military resources to be grown: the tall straight pines necessary on capital ships. 

ShipMastPlantation_1

Chopping down the great monsters is the easiest part, hauling off and getting solid contact with the base of the trees, woodchips flying...

ShipMastPlantation_4

And when those big trees collapse, splashing down into the water... very satisfying...

ShipMastPlantation_5

The mess is trimming the branches. Up to your knees in the water, waves tossing branches all about, angry birds, sap, crawling over branches to reach where they meet the trunk, a real mess.

ShipMastPlantation_6

The Beauchamp Family owns and operates the Eltina plantation as an extension of the booming shipworks in Breshaun. 

ShipMastPlantation_3

Masts are selected when ships are ordered, hand picked by seasoned carpenters, cut on the appointed day so that the trimmed trunks can be ferried around the Jewel to the shipyard for final trimming and curing. 

ShipMastPlantation_2

The large plantation (licensed) allows the craftsman at the Beauchamp Shipyard to protect and deliver on order the most vital and hard to secure of a ship's resources.

ShipMastPlantation

Beautiful! I like the hill with the tall trees and the tower. The tree in the water and the waves are also very well done.

Awesome job @CapOnBOBS! In the last week I was thinking about making a logging operation that specialized in pines for masts - crazy! I love the hillslope and the understory veg. The building design is fun too

Edited by evancelt

Thanks team, happy that the terrain seems to be working out. It was difficult to make the trees look like the same type without it seeming generically copied and pasted. I was happy with the canopy/undergrowth feel. Between all the foliage and the translucent water pieces the studio software was running overdrive on this in building and in rendering.

The trees and the terrain really steal the show here!!! Pure magic as it is one of the best forested (or not) slopes I have seen for quite some time now!!!

My only criticism here is that some of the tan "horn" pieces you have used, are digitally merged with other pieces and that partly subtracts from the LEGO "realism".

Edited by blackdeathgr

This is a masterpiece! The sloping terrain is really well done as is the grander of the trees. And all the little details make it interesting to look at!

The trees look great! They look gigantic (and thus more realistic) compared to standard Lego trees. Proper masts indeed! I love the muted colors of the MOC: the dark green and brown, with small splashes of white and dark red in the building. It looks like a proper forest scene.