manglegrat

[MOC][Instructions] Battlestar Galactica - UCS Scale

Almost 3 years to the day after initially sharing my BSG MOC (here), I've finally finished a fairly major refit of the design to improve visuals and proportions and include a cool engine tweak that one of the builders of my original came up with (EzraTPrice, take a bow!), and I have invested the time to produce step-by-step instructions (slightly over 600 steps) for folks who are interested in building this new version for themselves.

50646154213_8d3bc4ace4_c.jpg

50627515316_aea222f3aa_c.jpg

50627612487_92a21f54df_c.jpg

50626137163_6518f98d16.jpg

50649732947_b4e3f4aa94_c.jpg

Model Statistics
3,493 parts (with 4x4 dish only)
3,497 parts (with Seal of the 12 Colonies disc)
18.4x51.0x24.3 (cm) : 7.3x20.1x9.6 (in) : 23.1x63.8x30.4 (studs)
~2,482 (g) : ~87.5 (oz)

Compared to the original, there are structural and cosmetic changes to the head, neck/body, landing bay pods, engines, and the stand.

Lots more pics on my Flickr stream!

The instructions are available via Rebrickable.

Edited by manglegrat
Formatting

Wow. Just... wow. This is absolutely stunning. The way all those curved slopes fit together on that tapered front section is so well done and aesthetically pleasing. The whole thing is beautiful. Hats off to you mate!

On 11/26/2020 at 11:12 PM, Rubblemaker said:

Wow. Just... wow. This is absolutely stunning. The way all those curved slopes fit together on that tapered front section is so well done and aesthetically pleasing. The whole thing is beautiful. Hats off to you mate!

Thanks! I've added a few more renders on my Flickr:

50653351021_3219f6d57c_c.jpg

And one with flight pods extended on the stand for comparisons to the shot in the first post:

50654590432_233515fe15_c.jpg

50657183631_46ca808bae_c.jpg

Edited by manglegrat

"And the lords anointed a leader to guide the caravan of the heavens"

Beautiful, I just finished the show and have been lookong for a decent galactica build. This is perfect.

VERY impressive! I knew someone who actually built this. I need instructions for the battlestar Pegasus in this scale! It will become my desk, and I don't mind at all!

On 8/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, stardust2101 said:

VERY impressive! I knew someone who actually built this. I need instructions for the battlestar Pegasus in this scale! It will become my desk, and I don't mind at all!

Thanks! Hopefully you'll be able to get the Beast later this year:
51692857156_baa3d895d2_c.jpgBattlestar Pegasus v2.0 - Scale check vs Galactica by David White, on Flickr

2 hours ago, Canuck33 said:

This Will go nicely with my David Duperron -  Flickr Colonnial Viper MKI & II

If you build it, share some pics! David Duperron's stuff is awesome, for sure! :thumbup:

Edited by manglegrat

18 hours ago, ElScoorpio said:

Hello sir,

I need say, that I personally cant wait for the new Pegasus v2.0.

@manglegrat do you know please when will be the instructions ready for ''sale'' ?

Thanks a lot :) 

To paraphrase Dr. Ian Malcolm: "Life, uh, finds a way - to get in the way". :wacko:

No progress to report since February - other than microscopic improvements - sorry folks. She's still a headless beast! :hmpf_bad: 

Life has been getting in the way for months... TL/DR version: they say moving jobs and moving house are two of the most stressful things to do - I decided to do both, moving to a new city 1,000km away, as well... :ugh:

Even when I finish the initial design, it will take months to make it realizable as an instructions package. I suspect the modular approach I took to get the "body" of the digital model I have just now will need a complete build-step sequencing overhaul to make it buildable in the brick, from the core outwards. 

I'm really appreciative that folks are excited to see this design done and want to build it for themselves, but my brain just doesn't have the room for this project just now! :cry_sad: