kraai

Composition II in Red, Blue, and Yellow

Want to share a build I finished last night. It’s my interpretation of Piet Mondrian’s "Composition with Red Blue and Yellow". It's around half the size of the original painting, and I aside from a LOT of 1x1 round plates, I tried using only Technic pieces for the detail.

mondrian-01a.jpg

mondrian-02a.jpg

mondrian-03a.jpg

mondrian-04a.jpg

mondrian-05a.jpg

No gearbox? 

no just kidding, technic fan art I kind of like it and it’s interesting to see lots of parts in one colour collection :thumbup:

Are those really all in original color? Never thought of that.

Interesting puzzle.

Thank you all for your kind words, so glad the community reacted positively to it. 

Nice but some expensive & rare parts.
Ideal way to use up cracked parts !!! 

Edited by Doug72

That's amazing! I'm always being reminded by creations like this that there can never be a shortage of cool ideas with LEGO. (nice use of the red shock absorber too. :wink:)

It's a nice way to play with the geometry/shape of pieces. I even see a few that I didn't know existed.

(You should definitely change the gray pieces in the stand though :P )

It looks very nice! There's a lot of effort put here to align elements nicely. I hope none of the parts were painted? Since colors are (oddly) looking too consistent*.

*TLG, I'm looking at you.

Inspirational - think I'll have to attempt my own version.

Does modern white Lego stay white, or is it as bad as the old stuff when exposed to sunlight?

12 hours ago, Brickend said:

Does modern white Lego stay white, or is it as bad as the old stuff when exposed to sunlight?

I see no difference honestly... I try to keep white Lego out of the sun as a rule. 

14 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

(You should definitely change the gray pieces in the stand though :P )

I should! The stand is for my 32x32 QR code, I was too lazy to build a stand for this. I'm thinking of building a 50cm heigh Technic easel to display it on, maybe with a paintbrush :-)

12 hours ago, zux said:

It looks very nice! There's a lot of effort put here to align elements nicely. I hope none of the parts were painted? Since colors are (oddly) looking too consistent*.

No paint! If you look at the red parts carefully, you will see the red 8tooth and the worm gears are a slightly different shade of red. 

2 hours ago, kraai said:

No paint! If you look at the red parts carefully, you will see the red 8tooth and the worm gears are a slightly different shade of red. 

Those aren't Red, but rather Rust colored.

Still, colors are too consistent. I wonder if you, perhaps, didn't use any modern parts, just the ones from the old days when colors were the same?