A simple tracked loader model with Control+. Features subtractor drive, arm elevation, bucket tilt, and lighting by Brickstuff.

Functions/features:

• Subtractor drive
  • Arm elevation
  • Bucket tilt
  • Lights (Brickstuff LEDs)

Photos:

Tracked Loader - 1Tracked Loader - 2Tracked Loader - 3Tracked Loader - 4Tracked Loader - 5Tracked Loader - 6Tracked Loader - 7Tracked Loader - 8

Video:

Overall, it looks excellent. But I'd replace the red pieces with black ones.

It is a nice approach to a tracked loader, I would do a stronger arm and then I would increase the arm and bucket movement but I am a little crazy doing machinery.

Looks really nice :)

Contrary to others here, I actually like the pins having other colours. Gives it that "Lego Technics" feel

Is that bucket on the front an official lego piece?

3 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

It is a nice approach to a tracked loader, I would do a stronger arm and then I would increase the arm and bucket movement but I am a little crazy doing machinery.

Thanks! I had to rework the bucket linkage a couple times - the range was poor and unrealistic at first (you can see in my WIP topic) but I managed to get a much more realistic range. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

2 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

Looks really nice :)

Contrary to others here, I actually like the pins having other colours. Gives it that "Lego Technics" feel

Is that bucket on the front an official lego piece?

Yes, I too prefer a little more color sometimes - otherwise it looks bland and monotonous to me. And yes, the bucket is from the 42030 and 42081 sets (I got it off Bricklink).

Edited by JLiu15

3 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I agree with this - the arm attached directly to the bucket doesn't look beefy enough.  I'm sure it's strong enough, as it performs the functions without issues in the video, but could be made a bit thicker, just for the visual aspect.

Beyond that this is a very beautiful model.  It's sleek, clean, and could pass for an official set.  Excellent job.

45 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

I agree with this - the arm attached directly to the bucket doesn't look beefy enough.  I'm sure it's strong enough, as it performs the functions without issues in the video, but could be made a bit thicker, just for the visual aspect.

Beyond that this is a very beautiful model.  It's sleek, clean, and could pass for an official set.  Excellent job.

Thanks! And I see - I guess I could've used more Technic bricks topped with tiles in lieu of liftarms on the arm.

There is no such machinery where i live, but it could be a cool LEGO set :thumbup:

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

There is no such machinery where i live, but it could be a cool LEGO set :thumbup:

Yup, in fact there is a LEGO set (well, a B-model of one) version of such a vehicle - the 8043 B-model.

7 hours ago, howitzer said:

Nice and clean model, and great job on the photography too!

Thanks! I finally got a backdrop. Now I can take photos on a white background :classic:

20 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Thanks! I had to rework the bucket linkage a couple times - the range was poor and unrealistic at first (you can see in my WIP topic) but I managed to get a much more realistic range. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Yes, I too prefer a little more color sometimes - otherwise it looks bland and monotonous to me. And yes, the bucket is from the 42030 and 42081 sets (I got it off Bricklink).

This is the most difficult and funny part of the machinery.

2 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job, I love the long and low look of the Tractor.

The arms look fine to my eyes.

Thanks! Yeah the Technic bricks topped with tiles worked out pretty well.

35 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

This is the most difficult and funny part of the machinery.

Yes haha - I had to do a lot of trial and error with the bucket's linkage.