Plastic_Goth

Pere Marquette 1225 (Berkshire) Digital Model, plus some other renders

This is the first train I'm endeavoring to make instructions for in Bricklink Studio. It's kind of a dear locomotive to me. I have had an operational, in-brick example that I've been toying with for the last couple of years. 

Pere Marquette 1225 - Exhibition grey.

It's seven wide at the cab and running boards; the pistons go out to 8 but overall it's not bad fit for any consist of smaller-scale LEGO trains.

Here's some renders of other trains that I've either recently modelled up or tweaked. I'm not ready to make instructions or build them in real life, though. 

NYC Niagara

New York Central Niagara, 8-wide.

EMD GP30 (Chicago and Northwestern Approximation)

Chicago & Northwestern GP30, 7-wide.

Classic Tank Car

Postwar toy-inspired tanker, non-prototyical. 

long boi on a bendy line

An ALCO RS3 navigates Bricktracks curves on an L-Gauge module. The locomotive and rolling stock are 7-wide.

Ooh, very nice! I made a steam locomotive a month or 2 ago that looked similar to the first model, it was powered by a PF L motor. I also like the 2nd and 3rd models, the colors on the diesel are unique but I like the combination, and the boiler on the 2nd model looks pretty clean.

The GP30 and the RS3 for me, please.  Very, very nice.  I am also extremely impressed with the wagontop boxcar in the consist the RS3 is pulling.  I think the roofline on the GP30 might be a plate too thick over the cab, but that's the only flaw in a very nearly perfect loco.

7-wide is the max I can handle, so I encourage you to make instructions for the two locos and the wagontop available. 

Metta,

Ivan

That Niagara is awesome! Are those the water overflow pipes on the sides of the tender too? Both of those steamers would be impressive in the real brick.

Thanks all for the encouraging comments. 

@ivanlan9: Glad you like the wagontop. There are too few ribs for it to be a very accurate model compared to the proto, but I am content with how it looks as a LEGO System interpretation of the thing. That's a fair criticism of the GP30. I recall deciding against wedge plates for that distinctive arrow-shaped clerestory part on top of the cab in favor of 1 x 2 x 3 sloped bricks. Too tall maybe, but the geometry resolves neatly otherwise. 

@SD100: I studied photos of what is known as the PT-5 tender built for NYC steam locos. I'm not so familiar with the operations of the real thing, but there were some spigot-looking things among the sideframe greeblies that I approximated with LEGO pistol nozzles. They're a little too long in one dimension, and I didn't place as many of them as would be prototypical for how the bogies are articulated, but if someone is familiar with those long-distance coal tenders and they're looking for an analog represented on my LEGO build, at least they'll see something. 

The Pere Marquette 1225 (Berkshire) is our favorite. My son when a little boy got to get up into the cab of that HUGE locomotive. We have ridden it too. It comes to our town every year. Now it's known as the "Polar Express", cause it was used for the movie. 

Edited by 1963maniac