Herky

Lego Architecture - rumors and discussion

I didn't really understand what the use of a second set of Chinese Wall was either. The single model perfectly captured the essence of the original in a not too big set, exactly how a proper Architecture set should. 20 more of the towers and wall pieces didn't really improve anything since they looked the same and you're not going to build the entire wall anyway.

That being said, with the Chinese Wall set the extension at least made sense, because the repeated elements are repetetive in reality, too. But two entrances and two Niles are just dumb. Of course you can say everyone can modify it anyway and build the backside differently. But you can say that about every LEGO set and in that case, presenting it as a mere "buy two and put them together" option is a bit disingenuous. What could have worked (without making the part count explode with useless pieces) would have been the option to leave away the whole front half with the Nile (i.e. making the depth of the base only half as big) and maybe covering the entrance with a few more white slope pieces. This would mean you'd have superflous Nile village pieces in the second set, but at least the people who really want to buy that second set would get a proper backside.

Seriously lego is total out of mind, local price for pyramid here is 3890 CZK which is 157 euro. It worse price than in Germany, that is our neighborhood country...

Im speechless and angry, we had here joke that lego bricks are made of gold...

Im quitting this hobby again, for these bulls*it prices also again...

On 5/11/2022 at 3:27 PM, Alegrispa said:

Y'all, I feel like I'm going crazy.

Has anyone seen a post somewhere about how the angle of the pyramid is wrong and that it may be possible to fix? Idk if I saw it on youtube, instagram, reddit, or twitter and now I'm considering the possibility that I may have just dreamt it.

I'm really excited about the set, just now I'll have it bruned into my mind that there may be something wrong with it and that fixing it is possible, I just don't know how.

I saw Deep Shen post about this.  I get the accuracy thing, but I figure I am just going to get the set and display it.  I have never been there and likely never will get there, too many other places I want to go first, but while it bugs me a little, I am going to go with "it's just a toy" approach here.  

Hey does anyone know what font TLG uses for the printed city names in architecture sets?  I'm making my own city skyline, and I've been hunting around the internet for the font and I just can't find it.

1 hour ago, 20feet said:

Hey does anyone know what font TLG uses for the printed city names in architecture sets?  I'm making my own city skyline, and I've been hunting around the internet for the font and I just can't find it.

I found the answer!  According to Adobe Reader the PDF contains a font called "LEGOChalet60" in different variants.  Seems to be a proprietary version of the font family Chalet - very similar if not identical to Chalet London Nineteen Sixty.

BTW I tried a bunch of online image font finder tools looking for this - they're all terrible.

8 hours ago, 20feet said:

I normally just pick Arial for mine (also depends what the printing service has available). But I don't have a big "font eye" and any sans serif is usually just "Arial" to me. :grin: Still, thanks for finding it out. However, I have a feeling they might also have changed it up a little recently.

16 hours ago, Rauy said:

I normally just pick Arial for mine (also depends what the printing service has available). But I don't have a big "font eye" and any sans serif is usually just "Arial" to me. :grin: Still, thanks for finding it out. However, I have a feeling they might also have changed it up a little recently.

Ya, you have to look pretty closely at a 1x8 tile to notice that it's in the "wrong" sans serif font.  I'm not really a font obsessive, but I'm quite persnickety with my MOCs.  It's like that Steve Jobs quote about the back of the cabinet.

And you're right about the change!  I didn't notice but it looks like the Singapore and Great Pyramid labels are set in Cera Pro.  Lego does like to make minor tweaks to their pieces for no obvious reason.  Nice catch Mr Arial :wink:

On 7/31/2022 at 1:43 PM, Imrryran said:

Have you seen this alternate build ?

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-116457/peme/21058-building-of-the-great-pyramid/#details

It allows to have a full (work-in-progress) pyramid with a single set.

This is reason, why I love rebrickable and their community.

That builder fixed broken lego design and save me another 150 euro for set.

Definitely after seeing this MOC I ordered pyramid!

Its sad there is none Architecture rumour for 2023.

I definitely want another set in Pyramid range, I mean they can stick with Seven wonders of world and do some ancient greek temple.

Was chatting with a friend about this line.  Seems we are getting fewer and far between anymore.  I am expecting 2 skylines in January...well hoping I guess.  It would be nice to get back to buildings though vs skylines.  Anyone heard anything?

New leak of an architecture set will be released in August, set number 21060 with 2125 pieces.  Codenamed tbd-Architecture-2-2023.  That suggests another set will also be released before or at the same time, I guess with number 21059.  No word on a skyline yet.  If there is one it has been moved to later in the year, not in January as has been the case in previous years.

Not Architecture proper but set 40585 "World of Wonders" is a future GWP featuring mini models of the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the Parthenon and Petra.

Interestingly, two of those have been released in the Architecture line. Could the mistery set be the Parthenon or the Treasury of Petra?

On 12/31/2022 at 12:06 AM, MartyMcFly said:

New leak of an architecture set will be released in August, set number 21060 with 2125 pieces.  Codenamed tbd-Architecture-2-2023.  That suggests another set will also be released before or at the same time, I guess with number 21059.  No word on a skyline yet.  If there is one it has been moved to later in the year, not in January as has been the case in previous years.

I'd love to get a small scale architecture set again.  I'm.fine with the larger models, but I do miss the regular sized buildings we use to get.

I would like some architectural models - in the style of wallingwater or the Guggenheim museum. Back to the roots!

9 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Confirmed

Himeji Castle

Price: 159.99$/€

Release: August 1st

2125 pieces

This will be really good, I hope on par with Pyramid.

Definitely looking into!

Loving a bigger architecture set. Tempted to buy this day one just to support the line, for whatever it’s worth. 

Oh, wow, now that's an interesting choice! I don't really like the price tag or that we need to set yet another size/price record in Architecture. But I guess LEGO's bigger-wider-faster trend is something we have to live with now. I do like the topic choice, though.

3 hours ago, Rauy said:

Oh, wow, now that's an interesting choice! I don't really like the price tag or that we need to set yet another size/price record in Architecture. But I guess LEGO's bigger-wider-faster trend is something we have to live with now. I do like the topic choice, though.

I'm also not a fan of this.  I'd really like a smaller type set again.  I enjoy the bigger models as well, but not everything needs to have a massive set for this line.  Space is also a factor in the real world.

Very interesting building that I look forward to seeing how they design it in Lego, like others it's be nice to see some smaller sets in the £50 range though rather than monster after monster that takes up so much room

On 2/28/2023 at 6:13 PM, Rauy said:

Actually 2011's 21010: Robie House is bigger in both piece count and price - so this isn't breaking any records!