Herky

Lego Architecture - rumors and discussion

9 hours ago, Ondra said:

Now I understand, you mean interiors of pyramid to be mirrored?

Yes, that and also you would need to redesign a custom base to fit just the additional rear half pyramid.

3 hours ago, Ondra said:

Set is 46 studs wide and 30 deep according to promobricks...

I wouldn't place too much stock in that, as they note themselves that the dimensions may have changed. Also, if you're looking to add a second land area behind the completed pyramid, then you'll need to build a custom shortened base with the river space removed. This would leave you with a strip of some 10x40 studs behind the pyramid to build upon, if that's the goal.

I wouldn't automatically assume that the pyramid covers the entire width of the diorama anyway (unless I have missed that in the description).

Only 23 hours to see first photos of June sets according to JB spielwaren. Im really interested in Pyramids.

Its really weird, that Pyramid is on preorder but no photos.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:57 PM, Ondra said:

Only 23 hours to see first photos of June sets according to JB spielwaren. Im really interested in Pyramids.

It's way past 23 hours now, anyone seen any photos?

This is really weird, that there are no photos. Set is for preorder but no photos anywhere...

Never experienced this in lego sets.

Never has the phrase “knocked it out of the park” been so apt.

Every lacklustre mediocre touristy “architecture” set of the last few few years is now forgotten.

This is a BEAUTY and everything I didn’t dare hope for :wub:

I was withholding judgement until I saw some pictures and... WOW. This set looks really good. I was thinking there's no way I'd buy two and place them together, but after seeing these photos I really might have to do just that. Making some adjustments on the back side river/entrance. will be necessary. The ability to take the smooth white limestone off and have a completely different display is amazing! The entrance looks great. I love the river and the little boat builds. They really knocked this out of the park. Definitely a day one buy for me. 

The Architecture line seems to be heading back in the right direction after this release. Honestly, the Taj Mahal has been growing on me. I saw a built display the other day at the Lego store and was pleasantly surprised. I have high hopes for the next release. With the release of the Taj Mahal and the Great Pyramid (being originally built for religious purposes) I hope Lego will release some more religious architecture, however unlikely that may be....

17 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Sets looks very great, but that price is totally out of touch thanks to adults gimmick.

For lower price, I can buy 3x Creator castle set and build for example this moc https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-101775/Madewithbrix/black-falcon-knights-castle-31120-medieval-castle-alternate-build/#details .

I'm not sure I follow your math. 21058 is 140EUR while 3x 31120 would be 300EUR. The Architecture range has always been a bit pricy, but 1476pcs for 140EUR isn't terrible.

21 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Sets looks very great, but that price is totally out of touch thanks to adults gimmick.

For lower price, I can buy 3x Creator castle set and build for example this moc https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-101775/Madewithbrix/black-falcon-knights-castle-31120-medieval-castle-alternate-build/#details .

That’s an embarrassing post tbh. 

The price isn’t “totally out of touch” and your comparison is ludicrous. Sorry to be harsh.

16 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

I'm not sure I follow your math. 21058 is 140EUR while 3x 31120 would be 300EUR. The Architecture range has always been a bit pricy, but 1476pcs for 140EUR isn't terrible.

Well I count whole pyramid, thats only solution for me. I dont want cut pyramid.

I can buy these set here for 70 euro from regular online stores.

This pyramid, well if it goes around 120 euro here it will be miracle.

Again 210+15 euro instructions vs 240 euro, also better price for one piece. Im talking of these sets as potential architecture centerpieces of room.

Edited by Ondra

1 minute ago, Ondra said:

Again 210+15 euro instructions vs 240 euro...

But it's not 240EUR. It's 140EUR. Where are you getting 240 from?

15 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

That’s an embarrassing post tbh. 

The price isn’t “totally out of touch” and your comparison is ludicrous. Sorry to be harsh.

Its not, I count 2x pyramid set as only option. Both falls into architecture centerpiece of room.

1 minute ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

But it's not 240EUR. It's 140EUR. Where are you getting 240 from?

I count 2x pyramid set with discount here to have full pyramid.

Edited by Ondra

Just now, Ondra said:

Its not, I count 2x pyramid set as only option.

Well, obviously doubling up the set will make it more expensive. That goes without saying.

31 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I can buy these set here for 70 euro from regular online stores.

This pyramid, well if it goes around 120 euro here it will be miracle.

Uh...you know that those same regular online stores will...like...also offer the Pyramid for a lot less than 120€, right? And the fact that you want to buy two sets for whatever reason is kind of your decision and not the fault of the Pyramid set (although, the product description unfortunately presents this stupid idea as a viable approach). Of course that...well...kind of...doubles the price. And then you still only have a minfig castle, rather than a microscale Egyptian panorama. You might like the former more than the latter, of course. But again, that's kind of your decision.

I have to say, I find the price somewhat unreasonable, too. But that comparison is just ridiculous really.

Edited by Rauy

3 hours ago, Rauy said:

And the fact that you want to buy two sets for whatever reason is kind of your decision and not the fault of the Pyramid set (although, the product description unfortunately presents this stupid idea as a viable approach). Of course that...well...kind of...doubles the price.

It may be a stupid idea to you, but, honestly, it's a stroke of marketing genius from LEGO. Just by putting in two axle hole bricks they can suggest to people that they buy two sets instead of one. Very few would buy a single set at $260, but loads will buy it at $130 and a decent number will buy two to put them together (and feel better about the $130 per set price point). Bit cynical, but also genius marketing move.

I personally thing half the pyramid is good, as it will fit better on shelves and allows the whole scene to be much larger and more detailed than otherwise.

12 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It may be a stupid idea to you, but, honestly, it's a stroke of marketing genius from LEGO

Well, true indeed. The fact that it's also done in the most simple and effortless way possible (by just putting in two Technic bricks and letting everyone else figure out what to do with two entrances and two Niles) only makes it an even more genius marketing gimmick, I guess. :grin:

But I'm also glad that they're leaving this option to people who really want a giant foursided block of white slopes covering their entire dining table (and are willing to pay for that), while I can put a set that's just small enough to still count as an Architecture set neatly into my shelf.

Edited by Rauy

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I personally thing half the pyramid is good, as it will fit better on shelves and allows the whole scene to be much larger and more detailed than otherwise.

Very much agree, I like it this way, if you were to buy two of them, why have the inside then, just need the shell of the outer pyramid unless you are going to redo set #2.  You would almost just want to build the shell, then forget the rest as it would be pretty much sand unless you wanted to MOC something up differently.  You wouldn't need a Nile on both sides, that would be silly IMO but for those who want to just do two back to back, then more power to them. 

Now for them to do an Abu Simbel or, if they want to continue the pyramid theme with extras, go do Chichen Itza and put the ball court in place.  Those ruins are so impressive to me as much as Giza.

1 hour ago, Herky said:

Very much agree, I like it this way, if you were to buy two of them, why have the inside then, just need the shell of the outer pyramid unless you are going to redo set #2.  You would almost just want to build the shell, then forget the rest as it would be pretty much sand unless you wanted to MOC something up differently.  You wouldn't need a Nile on both sides, that would be silly IMO but for those who want to just do two back to back, then more power to them. 

Now for them to do an Abu Simbel or, if they want to continue the pyramid theme with extras, go do Chichen Itza and put the ball court in place.  Those ruins are so impressive to me as much as Giza.

Right. All you really need for completing the whole pyramid is a shitload of white slopes … no one *needs* to buy another whole set. 

Agree it’s marketing genius though @RichardGoring same idea as the big Spider-Man set with only half of a bridge!

Y'all, I feel like I'm going crazy.

Has anyone seen a post somewhere about how the angle of the pyramid is wrong and that it may be possible to fix? Idk if I saw it on youtube, instagram, reddit, or twitter and now I'm considering the possibility that I may have just dreamt it.

I'm really excited about the set, just now I'll have it bruned into my mind that there may be something wrong with it and that fixing it is possible, I just don't know how.