snaillad

MOC: Brickchester Central Station

Hello fellow EB members.

Here is my Victorian era influenced railway station.

A couple of my local stations were used as inspiration for parts of the design. I've had to scale it back to a cross section as ambition was starting to get the better of me! :laugh:

The main remit I had was try and create a curved roof section, the footbridge and train carriage came after. The curved roof is not adjoined directly to a building which you'd probably see in most stations to keep people protected from the weather. In this case I've also fitted a flat window plane roof between the two structures which is found at one of my local stations, it also helps with the stability of the model!

Anyway, just a couple of pics;

50639385592_01ee365ea3_c.jpg

50639385277_af81691b8f_c.jpg

You can also find the images on my flickr stream here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Regards!

Amazing build! You should give it a try on LEGO ideas :)

Ohm, wow great again. As usual!

The curved roof a little bit detached form the main building is great and very realistic. I only feel like it should be a bit more curved. But that's just nitpicking, and perhaps just how it looks to me as it is a cut-of section of course. And besides with all those nice details, this is simply stunning. I just wonder how the complete station would look like.

Great build with nice elements and details. I wanted to say it looks a bit Victorian style but ... it is :wink: like you said your self. 
the Only thing is I think the roof is a bit (too) close to the wall. Maybe not but I think is a bit pity you see the nice facade not so well.

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Amazing build! You should give it a try on LEGO ideas :)

Thanks! Would be a nice thought, although I'm not sure I've got the room to finish and submit a complete station! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Ohm, wow great again. As usual!

The curved roof a little bit detached form the main building is great and very realistic. I only feel like it should be a bit more curved. But that's just nitpicking, and perhaps just how it looks to me as it is a cut-of section of course. And besides with all those nice details, this is simply stunning. I just wonder how the complete station would look like.

Cheers @Man with a hat! I was hard getting a shot to show the curve at its best whilst getting some scale to show the building behind. I did try and bring the curve further out to incorporate windows which are usually found at the peak of the roof but struggled to attache them. I also found the weight was starting to pull the arch over. There is some messy bracing behind the arch which is why its hidden :classic: I think I'd of had to do a pretty high roof and wide arch to incorporate everything - wish I had the room!

1 hour ago, carebear said:

O My!

Amazing Work!

Greetings!

Thank you

18 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

So cool! Now build the rest of it! ;-)

Maybe if I had the room! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, neonic said:

Great build with nice elements and details. I wanted to say it looks a bit Victorian style but ... it is :wink: like you said your self. 
the Only thing is I think the roof is a bit (too) close to the wall. Maybe not but I think is a bit pity you see the nice facade not so well.

Thank you @neonic. Yeah I had to compromise somewhere. If I had built into the 'wall' of a building I'd of had to build a much bigger arch to cover the platform and carriage. Then I'd probably of needed to do both sides of the arch to support the roof then it would of just spiraled out of control of size. This is an example of one of the stations I took inspiration from - Darlington.

5909901_2714f027.jpg

Spectacular building design, do you think you could extend it a bit and make it a full-sized station on both sides? I love the gravel look under the train track as well

The model looks so impressive in the pictures, it makes me wonder just how awesome it must look in real life! It's cool how you took the same old LEGO colors and make it look fresh.  I also really like the cross section style you went for the model, it's a lot more displayable. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Beautiful!  As a Brit myself, I know the style exactly, and it's very well executed.  An amazing build!

Fantastic work Snaillad! I stared at this for a while when you first posted it to flickr. Absolutely wonderful construction. The way you create a build that looks like its perfectly sliced locale is something else and your settings are always so lively. Great MOC!

On 11/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, JopieK said:

Even though it is 'only a facade' it is a stunning one! Great job @snaillad!

On 11/25/2020 at 6:30 PM, Classy Weasel said:

Spectacular building design, do you think you could extend it a bit and make it a full-sized station on both sides? I love the gravel look under the train track as well

Thank you! I probably could have but it would of taken up a lot of room! :laugh: Wish I had the space!

On 11/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, ExeSandbox said:

The model looks so impressive in the pictures, it makes me wonder just how awesome it must look in real life! It's cool how you took the same old LEGO colors and make it look fresh.  I also really like the cross section style you went for the model, it's a lot more displayable. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you @ExeSandbox If anything it would probably have been easier making a full structure rather than a cross section as I've had to find a way to support and hold 'half a roof' but at least it captures idea!

On 11/26/2020 at 6:58 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Beautiful!  As a Brit myself, I know the style exactly, and it's very well executed.  An amazing build!

8 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Fantastic work Snaillad! I stared at this for a while when you first posted it to flickr. Absolutely wonderful construction. The way you create a build that looks like its perfectly sliced locale is something else and your settings are always so lively. Great MOC!

6 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

It looks so exquisite! So much sophistication to the design and the lines. Beautiful design and workmanship.

Thank you very much for your kind words!