Sign in to follow this  
BaalTheBuilder

Hello, I'm BaalTheBuilder!

Hello, Lego fans! I am excited to have found these forums. I loved LEGO as a kid - used to film home videos with them and build a mini-city on an air hockey table that we had. When I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than to just drop all the money in the world on Legos. A year ago, I told my girlfriend this was a childhood fantasy, she took me for a walk down the LEGO aisle, I bought the pizza van, started buying some Jedi and clone troopers and NBA players online, and the rest is history! I had been out of Lego for so long that I didn't even hear when they released LOTR sets! So safe to say I've done a lot of catching up in my first year as an AFOL.

What am I collecting? I guess I just want to create an awesome Lego world. A little Lego universe where the unlicensed figs are at war with the licensed figs because of the increased attention that licensed themes have gotten over time. So I'm collecting select Star Wars, LOTR, medieval, ninja/shogun, modular building, City, and Harry Potter sets and figs. Sounds like a lot, but I'm no completionist by any stretch. Whenever I've found cool sets or minis I've asked myself, "how might I want this to fit into my little universe?", let my imagination run wild, and would decide from there. After about 11 months, that vision is coming together and I'm getting better about saying "yes" or "no" to things...maybe...

What am I building right now? I am keeping all my modular buildings in boxes for now due to space. So far I've built individual sets for my characters to hang out in around my apartment - I have Helm's Deep, the Hoth Base (not the UCS), Emperor's Stronghold, Kingdoms Joust, Destiny's Bounty, and a modded Old Fishing Village which incorporates a few Hidden Side sets to make more of a boardwalk. My current project is making a modular Hogwarts College using pieces from every one of the new line of Lego Harry Potter sets (plus a couple other small sets). After that I am planning to build a super yacht for my bad guys incorporating pieces from the NatGeo Exploration Ship, Friends Dolphin Cruiser, Avengers Tower, Star Wars Final Duel, and 3-in-1 Vacation Getaways sets. As you can see, I enjoy putting sets together to see what I can create. If I can save up enough money, I want to build a combined Mos Eisley Cantina and Pirates of Barracuda Bay set, have some ideas for how those two sets could mix together well...

Follow me in Instagram and see what I'm up to! Happy Building!

baalthebuilder

Welcome to EB, BaalTheBuilder.  (Nice name, btw! :laugh: )  Sounds like you've got a pretty exciting Lego universe going there, and I look forward to seeing how some of those mash-up MOCs come together.  Happy building!  :classic: