8 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Nah, that would mean that the DBG dish piece would rotate as well.

As I see, nothing is stopping them from rotating, even if there would be axle to propeller.

13 hours ago, Jurss said:

As I see, nothing is stopping them from rotating, even if there would be axle to propeller.

Good point. Indeed, it seems they must rotate, so that a pin with bush will be the likely mechanism.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:19 PM, Gumalca said:

It has probably wheels that drive the propellers, and the steering should steer some other wheels and change the direction of the propellers also. The fan is not driven unfortunately as it seems.

Hard to see how the steering changes the direction of the propellers.  Moving the black 11L liftarm side to side would do it, but how is that controlled?

1 hour ago, aeh5040 said:

Hard to see how the steering changes the direction of the propellers.  Moving the black 11L liftarm side to side would do it, but how is that controlled?

Right, there is nothing seen connecting the 11L liftarm. A half inserted axle might be still possible. Or it's a separate manual function, but that would be bad/sad.

22 hours ago, CannonballCO said:

Hoping that someone compares this thing's parts to what's needed for the Osprey and makes an easy substitute guide...

I don't think that will work. Does the hovercraft even have parts that only came in the osprey? It sure does not have tapered panels, curved tapered panels or rotor blades or any grey panels. And the rest of the orange panels is easy to retrieve elsewhere.

Edited by Gumalca

6 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

Right, there is nothing seen connecting the 11L liftarm. A half inserted axle might be still possible. Or it's a separate manual function, but that would be bad/sad.

Maybe two 1x1 round plates inserted into the holes underneath, and a rotating part that sits between them?

24 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

I don't think that will work. Does the hovercraft even have parts that only came in the osprey? It sure does not have tapered panels, curved tapered panels or rotor blades or any grey panels. And the rest of the orange panels is easy to retrieve elsewhere.

The 11L black liftarm is used just to make sure that both engines always stay parallel.

And I think that each engine is moved left/right thanks to the 3L black beam below (which can be part 32526 or 60484 for example).

19 minutes ago, aeh5040 said:

Maybe two 1x1 round plates inserted into the holes underneath, and a rotating part that sits between them?

It is possible, but I think a pin with stud plus a 1x1 circular tile would be stronger and more likely. (Provided I understand your meaning)

TLG use 3L pin with stop bush for propeller spining. And this means those DBG dish part is rotating with propeller also.

On the first look B model looks like some classis first quarter 20th century plane

B-model looks great, the usage of the sticker is quite nice.
But why on earth did they choose lime for the wheels ? It's IMO the worst color combination with orange…

lego-42120-technic_10.jpg
If you look in the middle, there is a blue part, could it be used as a lever to change the position of the wings ?

Edit : never mind, there is a picture showing it :facepalm:
lego-42120-technic_09.jpg

Edited by Touc4nx
I'm dumb

13 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

If you look in the middle, there is a blue part, could it be used as a lever to change the position of the wings ?

Those part(6553) in blue is include only in 75253 droid commander with 2. Now we can see those part in technic set!

I think it is connected with blue 3l pin in-between two 3 x 5 bent liftarms

35 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I think it is connected with blue 3l pin in-between two 3 x 5 bent liftarms

Erik was talking about the curved panel at the top of the image, not the beam on the back of the plane.

On 1/31/2021 at 3:08 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Erik was talking about the curved panel at the top of the image, not the beam on the back of the plane.

If you look at the second image you'll see blue 3l pin that is just in front of black double bevel gear at the top (not the one moving sideways) and I think curved panel is just popped up to show the gear that could be pushed with fingers to the right or left (below panel). Of course I could be wrong, but it is the way I think it is...

I understand that you mean it was drawn just lower part...

Edited by I_Igor

Looks really good, huge upgrade from 42002. Lime for the wheels look fine to me, even though I'd prefer black...

19 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Looks really good, huge upgrade from 42002. Lime for the wheels look fine to me, even though I'd prefer black...

Anyway, it's a nice re-appearing of them. We had many of them in LBG last years but Lime ones do not appear so freqent.