Ngoc Nguyen

42118 Monster Jam Grave Digger & 42119 Monster Jam Max-D

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

So no BKT tyres, then? Pass. Don't see how these can compete with other Monster Jam products.

since you mentioned BKT tires, interesting is that nothing new for 42122 set 

Holy I totally missed this topic... You blink once and the Topic has already disappeared from the frontpage :laugh:

Those small doorpanels are also new right? Very nice to have! 

The cars themselves look like a fun little set for the younger LEGO audience, but not a lot more. Is there any chance for suspension?

@Maaboo35 I just thought it yould ve vevy aasy to mount a shock absorber on the pullmack motor ince it is angled like that already. But you are right, no chance. Just saw the liftarm goin down on the DBG truck :sceptic:

Looks not so bad but need more wide tire and more purple in gravedigger. those tire looks to thin.

Actually, Lego's offroad tire is to thin for monster truck and onroad tire is to thick for normal car.

Edited by msk6003

14 hours ago, Jurss said:

I was hoping, that one of these also will have the same tires as jeep.

Me too! I mean, how coincidental is it that they release the perfect tire for them in the same wave, but don't put them in these sets!

18 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Me too! I mean, how coincidental is it that they release the perfect tire for them in the same wave, but don't put them in these sets!

It's a mystery alright...

Maybe those tires were decided later, as for that jeep we have seen just some leaked images, there are still no official. 

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Maybe those tires were decided later, as for that jeep we have seen just some leaked images, there are still no official. 

Only city tractor 60287 is the one set with rear 56mm tractor tires without confidential stamp, so let's hope for other tractor tires....

max-d_progress.png 
Well, Enjoy my take on Max D
This was *before* I found good quality photos so I'm glad to see them here, the back isn't 100%, But I'm happy with it
Also, is that the "bright light orange, school bus yellow, keetorange" or whatever used down the middle?

On 11/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, Banana92 said:

Also, is that the "bright light orange

Looks like it! A good recolor in "Geoffrey the Giraffe Orange". I will never forget that promotional set.

Have we any indication when these sets might hit shelves, other than 2021?

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

C2726073-F4DF-46B8-AFFC-696BA0995E13.jpeg.1374f9296e05185b26851e31b92c74b7.jpeg

Their box are twice as thick as usual pullback sets' ones

Maybe some kind of jump slope is include? But made pure plastic. not paper like stunt pullback serise.

Think I've figured out why these sets don't use the tractor tyres. It may be because those tyres aren't as rigid as the balloon tyres, and thus might not perform as well when the truck is pulled back.

The MAX-D's B model is literally 42034's brother. Or nearly the same. On the other hand, the Grave Digger's alternative model resembles the new RC buggy :D