Lol, no way she grabbed those parts with that amputated digger. With the short attention span kids have these days, turning a knob five thousand times is a no go TLG

Could have have had three pneumatic actuators and a pump. Price hike would have been worth it :pir-huzzah1:

Cheers,

Ole

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Tracked backhoe! TRACKED BACKHOE! :wub_drool:

Given the orientation of the seat, I'd call this a FRONT-hoe. Or just a digger.

0042121-23-1200x1000.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

The only thing that I do not like is just one small yellow panel...but otherwise it's cool set

:blush:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

The only thing that I do not like is just one small yellow panel...but otherwise it's cool set

:blush:

A must have set, I can see 6 new pieces and 6 panels not bad at all.

50 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

A must have set, I can see 6 new pieces and 6 panels not bad at all.

Agree :thumbup:

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

6? I only see one.

6 new 2x3 liftarms 4 yellow and 2 black and 6 panels, 5 yellow and 1 clear, I wish there would be more of course.

I would have preferred the B model without the backhoe part, I think just a regular plough or a working three point lift would have been enough.  Sometimes I think it would not hurt that a couple of parts extra in the set would improve the B model massively.  But nice to see B models back.

Great model, even better with the B-model, which is totally different from A.

That's really a great scale. As said, the only thing missing is a third actuator, which will be a nice first Mod for this thing ;-)

Looks so much better than the picture from the catalogue! What I'm most excited about the set is that it finally has a proper B-model!

That step 90 surely will confuse many people.

The excavator seems nice, but I'm actually more interested in the B-model at the moment.

Just got mine today and already built in, took about 1 hour with looking at new parts and didn't rush it.

Overall, I like the model. The looks are great for this scale and it really feels bigger than it is, which is always a great thing. The undercarrier structur is simple but brilliantly sturdy. Also the upper structure and the cabin are nicely done.

The only disappointing thing is the front section of the arm: When I have time on the weekend, I will start tinkering around to add a third actuator for the bucket movement and enhance the range of the boom.

Built mine yesterday. Cool build - even for a set this size, numbered bags are great stopping points and make missed parts much less of a headache.

I didn't really recognize the build technique either, so going by that and the designation on the stickers, I think Luke Cragin is the designer.

1 hour ago, Coolusername said:

What the hell? :sceptic:

Wow. Misaligned axle holes is something I only know from older, low-quality Non-LEGO Bricks. To see this with genuine LEGO? Wow...

And the injection point is very visible as well. Quality seems to drop with newer pieces :sceptic:

Edited by Gray Gear

Maybe this is the result of switching from ABS to "super eco bio friendly zero emission and good PR" plastic?? Because I have the same problem with those pieces.

3 hours ago, Coolusername said:

What the hell? :sceptic:

I have that problem as well. You can find more discussion bout that problem in the General Part Discussion topic.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 hours ago, keymaker said:

Maybe this is the result of switching from ABS to "super eco bio friendly zero emission and good PR" plastic?? Because I have the same problem with those pieces.

This is clearly a moulding issue, not a material issue. The part of the mould that shapes the axle hole must have been misaligned, if the parts were cracking easily or something like that, I'd guess the problem is in the plastic itself.

Anyway, this kind of issue is pretty horrible and as far as I know, also unprecedented. I really hope it's just a single fluke and will be corrected soon, never to be seen again.