Ngoc Nguyen

42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51”

14 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Somehow I considered them the same size always, just different width.

When you put the LandRover tyres on, the outer diameter is the same. But this model has RSR tyres on, so the overall diameter is smaller.

If I’m not mistaken there are two red 1x6 thin liftarms just behind the doors, below a black panel, in this set. Another part welcomed back.

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it’s been that way since 1958.

I know where they are going with this, but it is misleading to formulate it like this, since Technic was released in 1977.

Overall I'm super stoked by this set, and I will get at least 1 of them. The only downsides I see are:

- Missing gearbox (as many other mention. But it would be a challenge since the real car has a 6 speed + reverse gearbox)

- Missing air jacks. Why is LEGO not reintroducing this cool feature?

- Rims should have been flat silver IMO.

- Front overhand and proportions are off, causing the LEGO model to lose the beautiful MR proportions of the real car. (I will make a new comparison using Griddy so you can see what I'm talking about)

- Wrong parts being used for the rear lights. The real car has a light signature with rings which the carpet runners completely fail to capture.

- Incorrect name. This is not a "488 GTE", but rather a "488 GTE EVO". Ferrari used the EVO version in the 2018/2019 superseason of WEC which you can recognise from the clear headlights and livery. 

9 minutes ago, Lasse D said:

- Front overhand and proportions are off, causing the LEGO model to lose the beautiful MR proportions of the real car.

Nope... The front is longer in the photoshop above, but that doesn't have the racecar's front lip. The proportions are actually really good on this car.

@Gray Gear german price might be €170, but us dutch guys have been getting shafted a bit extra since a few years back, we pay €400 for the Chiron, you guys get it for €360 for instance

The designer has clearly put a lot of effort into making this set, and I think the result is great. That said, the gaps between the stickers looks a bit weird and printed parts may have been better...

Edited by JintaiZ

38 minutes ago, johnnym said:

Interesting assortment of new parts. BTW aren't those 3 panels in the middle of the hood new, too? At the front they are looking like curved 13 x 3 panels, but on the third image of the ZIP file ("42125_Front_01.jpg") they look like they're cut to 5 studs or so.

They are regular panels that recently Lego uses as "seats" in small Technic models.

They are in red in the 42109 rear aileen.

22 minutes ago, amorti said:

Nope... The front is longer in the photoshop above, but that doesn't have the racecar's front lip. The proportions are actually really good on this car.

It seems off, so I took a closer look where the LEGO model is compared to the real race car. You are correct that the proportions are pretty accurate. It appears to be the missing windscreen that makes the nose look longer and threw me off when seeing it from that angle. The big problem seems to be the wheel size. They are too big, which is the reason for the right height issue and the stumped rear. Also. The rear lights should be places a stud higher:

lPtFxvb.png

Is that in the same scale as the 42096 911?? I really looks good in the color red!!!  Its been a good technic year!

21 minutes ago, mpj said:

They are regular panels that recently Lego uses as "seats" in small Technic models.

They are in red in the 42109 rear aileen.

Indeed, you're right. Looking again at "42125_Prod.jpg" it can be spotted there, too. I already wondered how the assumed parts would be fixed in place otherwise.

2 hours ago, amorti said:

Looks like Lego finally found @Sariel's scaler - can you tell if there were logins with IP from Billund? :D

I don't track my users in any way, but I appreciate the compliment, thank you :)

@Lasse D Thanks for your comparison. The proportions are indeed very close, and looks better than 42096. I could never get over that front overhang on 42096.

I'm excited about this set.

-I love the new wheel arches, and see a lot of applications for them. Is there consensuses that the rear arches are made up of two parts?

-Great to see the curved 3x13 panels in red.

-I am happy to see that rotor blades are back in black. 

3 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Is there consensuses that the rear arches are made up of two parts?

I'd say so, check "42125_Prod.jpg" from the ZIP file.

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Do the discbrakes fit inside the smaller rims?

I have the disk brakes and rims and yes they fit perfectly.

I'm adding a 6+R speed flappy paddle gearbox. no DNR lever in the real car.

Edited by SNIPE

11 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I have the disk brakes and rims and yes they fit perfectly.

The discs fit inside, yes. But the fitment is different, the Land Rover wheels stick out further. And as I said there is not enough clearance left to mount the brake calippers :sceptic:

Just now, Gray Gear said:

The discs fit inside, yes. But the fitment is different, the Land Rover wheels stick out further. And as I said there is not enough clearance left to mount the brake calippers :sceptic:

At that point it's just this "drum brake conversion" :D

Scheibenbremsenattrappe-Bremsscheiben-Du

Edited by amorti

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

ohh ok. hmm

3 hours ago, Lasse D said:

But it would be a challenge since the real car has a 6 speed + reverse gearbox

It doesn't even need to be a 6 speed gearbox though. A basic 4-speed would be perfectly fine

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

It doesn't even need to be a 6 speed gearbox though. A basic 4-speed would be perfectly fine

@Anto recently made a '42115 like' gearbox that has reverse and neutural built in, so no DNR shifter.

This new 2x3 L beam plus the new alternating hole beam AND both done in black has me super hyped up to the point where I need to take horse tranquilizers.

Edited by SNIPE