Ngoc Nguyen

42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51”

7 hours ago, LvdH said:

It's definitely normal blue. I wonder if this is 3x11 or 5x11 though, I suppose both are possible. Either way we will get a new part or a rare part reintroduced. 

If it is 5 x 11 then it is re-released after several years...which is also possible.

I already have some mod ideas for this car to make it better and look more like the real thing. How about a 42125 mods and improvements thread?

A bit late to the party, here's my detailed building review of the set and some thoughts about the 18+ sticker:

It's a hard number to buy this versus the CaDA Ferrari. 

Let's be honest, unless your brand loyalty overrides your common sense, the decision has to be the CaDA.

8 minutes ago, amorti said:

Let's be honest, unless your brand loyalty overrides your common sense, the decision has to be the CaDA.

Brand loyalty is not the only factor. For me, the CaDA Ferrari did not contain any new parts, so I could just build it straight from inventory -- even pimp it at will. Then again, probably few people have so many red panels and other parts at hand, so I realize I'm in a small minority (many of whom might be frequenting this forum though).

Edited by astyanax

@kbalage Thanks for a great review. It has convinced me not to buy the set which is a shame because I love Ferraris.

1 hour ago, amorti said:

I agree 100%

BUT, it isnt brand loyalty for me, i dislike the fact that while CADA is very clearly selling a Ferrari, it isnt properly licensed, so while they did a proper deal with the designer, Ferrari still get screwed out of their legitimate take out of this. Second, i dont like supporting china, there is soooo much stuff wrong with that country and their dealings with the rest of the world, id rather not send my euros over there if i dont have to. That said, CADAs Ferrari and McLaren put lego to shame, and that is against the proper 1:8 hypercars, this 1:10 set isnt even in the same ballpark

I discovered this today, and I gotta say it looks way cooler than the official Lego version, especially with those properly built front lights.

821960ff518aa4e618f1edfab6c7f9cc

I don't like the looks of that one, looks way too busy and the lines are poorly defined. Might look slightly better without the stickers, but not that much. The brick-built headlights are nice but other than that, I like the 42125 more, at least as far as looks is concerned.

7 hours ago, howitzer said:

I don't like the looks of that one, looks way too busy and the lines are poorly defined. Might look slightly better without the stickers, but not that much. The brick-built headlights are nice but other than that, I like the 42125 more, at least as far as looks is concerned.

I have the opposite impression. :laugh:

What I don't like in the official 42125 is that the front looks really disjointed. The diagonal lines from panels 50 and 51 ruin the face for me. Also the curve of the printed headlights don't really go well with that of other panels.

5702016913484_1.jpg

I prefer the flat simplified look of the smaller model in the front. Also the side #21 and 22 panels really flow inward with the stickers. Another thing that I like is that the small model actually sits low on the ground.