Ngoc Nguyen

42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51”

Just now, legophisto said:

Which part do you mean?

it comes in the race buggy. its like a frame but a beam. check the thead out

Edited by SNIPE

12 minutes ago, astyanax said:

What's that holding the yellow bar in place, at the top of the windshield? A red 15100?

Yes, and I can see a bunch more.

4 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

yes

Do you know if the Dom's Challenger is the same scale? I'd like to start another collection of same scale cars to collect and display. (I already have the GT3RS, Chiron, and Sian.)

14 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

Probably has been already mentioned, but the humble "blue pin with axle" is coming in red 

Are you absolutely sure it's not just a 11214.jpg
The door handle uses a regular blue pin with axle. 

I think I like it better with 99%  less stickers.

50641319793_63f5d3fe42_c.jpg

But why didn't lego gave us a more generic GT model like the 2020 presentation model?

sc3y7qebazh4_800.jpg

Would have preferred a road version but will definitely get this one if I can find a good deal. @JunkstyleGio I agree, I never use stickers I would build it more like that.

16 minutes ago, mahjqa said:

Are you absolutely sure it's not just a 11214.jpg
The door handle uses a regular blue pin with axle. 

Oh yes! What a pity! It looks like this one. I'm looking at 42125_Lifestyle_build_01.jpg from the press release; on the left side the angle makes it look shorter but at the right side is clearly visible

33 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

I think I like it better with 99%  less stickers.

50641319793_63f5d3fe42_c.jpg

But why didn't lego gave us a more generic GT model like the 2020 presentation model?

My first thought...after squinting and clawing at my eyes... was “well that’s one sticker sheet that’s going straight in the bin”.

All those corporate logos just make one of the most beautiful current Ferraris look disgustingly cheap and tacky. And WTF is going on with that blue air dam above the front splitter? Eeeuw.

Edited by Lucarex

As soon as I get my hands on it its becoming a full red model. And that ugly beam in yellow is becoming black!

Thats why I love Lego. Ready to mod!

A dutch webshop has this model on presale. Price €179.99. So if this is going to be the base-price in the Netherlands, i guess it will drop in price quickly.

I agree, looks better with less stickers. It's so nice to have a red supercar again, feels like a successor to 8070 minus the power functions. And it's great to have all these relatively new curved panels in red and in a set cheaper than 42115. I really hope the suspension is not another clone of 42077 though, maybe something like 42039.

1 hour ago, Abraham5G said:

Do you know if the Dom's Challenger is the same scale? I'd like to start another collection of same scale cars to collect and display. (I already have the GT3RS, Chiron, and Sian.)

Real 1970 charger is 1946mm wide and Lego is 21 studs wide, so scale is approximately 1:11.5 to 1:12 and GT3RS, Chiron and Sian are 1:8...

Hope this helps you

27 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

My first thought...after squinting and clawing at my eyes... was “well that’s one sticker sheet that’s going straight in the bin”.

All those corporate logos just make it look cheap and tacky, and WTF is going on with that blue air dam above the front splitter? Eeeuw.

Yeah I agree, I'd rather not have "Simp Racing" on my car :laugh_hard:

Too bad the ferrari badges are stickers as well :sceptic:

The more I look at it, the less I like. That front end for example. Look I know a LEGO Technic designer has severe limitations that Manzoni didn’t, but it’s not even a decent pastiche IMO.

Looking around the headlights (trying again to ignore the blue air intakes) it’s painful to see that curved mischievous grin of the original now looks like it has suffered severe and sustained maxillofacial trauma courtesy of a crowbar wielded by a soon-to-be ex-wife who’s just checked your text messages.

Sorry but the Sian leaves this in the dust. Such a shame.

Edited by Lucarex

7 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

hi, 

If you say that for the part at the bottom of the front, i think it's more a panel  3 x 11 x 1 in new blue color (ref 15458)

we can also see on the 42125_Lifestyle_build_01 a new red color for the 1x1 liftarm (18654)

And return of the Dark Azure Liftarm 3 x 5 L with Quarter (32250)

It is like a unfinished MOC, it needs a stud more of bodywork in all the down part, but any new red part is always wellcome.

28 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

It is like a unfinished MOC, it needs a stud more of bodywork in all the down part, but any new red part is always wellcome.

I'd say that there's some minor parts that needs work, but overall it's instantly recognizable and I think it lives up to the quality of an official set.

8 hours ago, LvdH said:

If I’m not mistaken there are two red 1x6 thin liftarms just behind the doors, below a black panel, in this set. Another part welcomed back.

I was hopeful too, but unfortunately I think they're 1x5. You can see them in 42125_Lifestyle_build_01.jpg on the desk.

Positives... 3x13 red panel I need!!

negatives (ironically as per above positive) ...this is all about panels and looks. Should this really be technic direction? Sure the consumers will dictate. Not for me this one. The box shows Nothing in terms of ‘technic’

copious amount of stickers make it look like the real thing :iamded_lol: