Ngoc Nguyen

42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51”

28 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Headlights are some printed transclear canopys or something like that.

Looks to me like this one, mounted slightly sloped down, with a 2x2 or 1x2 red tile over the studs at the top. Probably mounted from behind or below the canopy piece.

Edit: rear wing has 3 of the mini flat panels (3×7×1) in black side by side

Edited by Rudivdk

found a pic of a 488 (couldnt find a square on side shot of the GTE, so settled for a normal one) and drew some lines

EsX5xoM.jpg

Proportions looks pretty much bang on given the scale and size of the elements worked with, my main first thought when seeing the side shot was that the nose was too long, but that is just due to the lego model not having a windshield, the A-pilars are in the right place.

7 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

At least this time they got the wheelbase vs car length dimensions correct

Yeh, the Porsche RSR was just the Rally Car chassis underneath, it looked like a teenager wearing his dad's coat.

3 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

found a pic of a 488 (couldnt find a square on side shot of the GTE, so settled for a normal one) and drew some lines

Good illustration, thanks for the effort!

Looks like Lego finally found @Sariel's scaler - can you tell if there were logins with IP from Billund? :D

Edited by amorti

@amorti LOL, you'd think lego has some internal tooling for design jobs like that, but who knows? Ive never done the same comparison for the GT3, Chiron or Sian, i just know the RSR is pretty wrong in terms of proportions.

Honestly, im quite positively surprised by how accurate TLG got the proportions/dimensions

Looks like i finally get my suspension equiped Ferrari, like i was wishing for all those years looking at the old racers 599 and Enzo

1st point for the mods and improvements thread: Do something about that inverted panel at the tip of the door. Thats's just ugly.

Am I the only one who keep reading the line on the door as "simp racing"...

On another note, the designer of this set is Lars Krogh Jensen. He is also the designer for 42096.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You are absolutely not the only one :head_back:

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No you are not :grin: But if you are already reading that wrong check this gem out: (pls dont open if you dont want to go offtopic)

Spoiler

file.php?id=79868&mode=view

The "Hengtai Phonograph" :laugh_hard: and please dont seach this set on Google if you dont like that kind of Japanese culture :laugh_hard:

Again we have new arch. Sian has 13 L betwen holes. Ferrari - 11 L

2 minutes ago, Jurss said:

How much they saved on not providing hubs with discbrakes? 

Do the discbrakes fit inside the smaller rims?

On a sidenote, i was just thinking that the €180 price is rather steep, if you consider that the defender costs the same, but provides a good 1K parts extra, including an 8 speed gearbox, and branding....  But then again, i ragequite buillding the defender because i couldnt get the geartrain to run properly...

I was so looking forward to announcment and I am only half satisfied. The best news is there is plenty cool parts for MOC! Overall it looks pretty good but the bigest fall is printed front lights, seriously WTF? They couldnt design proper transparent lights as they were doing so far especially in Ferrari car? That's huge dissapointment. 

1 minute ago, Mane said:

Overall it looks pretty good but the bigest fall is printed front lights, seriously WTF? They couldnt design proper transparent lights as they were doing so far especially in Ferrari car? That's huge dissapointment. 

Jesus I know right lmao. It's such a lazy thing to do.

Also, they should've put another layer of beams at the bottom of the set. It sits far too high above the ground compared to the real thing

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

I really think those are not the Sian fenders, but a rounded version of the slightly smaller 911 RSR fenders. The 1:10 wheels would drown in the Sian fenders, and that is clearly not the case here. And good to see that TLG is not printing the fenders, they listened to the 911 RSR feedback I guess. The rear fender extenders are a nice addition, cool for tuning/racing car MODs/MOCs.

that's it 11L insted 13L between holes

24 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

The Bugatti Wheel hubs do fit inside these wheels but there is no space left to mount the brake calipper. I know this because I want to 3D print some disc brakes and brake calippers for the Defender wheels in the future :classic:

24 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

On a sidenote, i was just thinking that the €180 price is rather steep

Wasnt the price supposed to be 170$? That is 143.xy€ with the current conversion rate. Where do you get the 180€? That would really be a unfair move.

But the way things are going it would not have suprised me if they would have slapped a 200€/200$ pricetag on this, because enough people would buy it nonetheless. Its a Ferrari afterall.

10 minutes ago, Mane said:

Overall it looks pretty good but the bigest fall is printed front lights, seriously WTF?

Yeah I also think that is kinda lazy. Next car we might even get stickers for the headlights :laugh_hard:

Edited by Gray Gear

23 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Isn't those rims the same diameter as all ultimate sets has?

First I was excited, then I wasn't..

But looking any further into the mode l problably going to get it!

So there is a lot of work to be done; but (hey who's complaining!) that the way I like my Lego.

I already got my first BL order out for spare parts.

9 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Guys, not sure if anyone noticed, but there's a DOWNLOAD button in the news article where you can download all the pics and vids:

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/aboutus/assets/blt1a4768c1d9993712/Ferrari_488_GTE_Asset_Bundle.zip

That is really nice to have high es pics immediately after the announcement. A lot of things are clearly visible, like that mudguard extension piece, the front lights details etc. - the only thing that is troublesome about this grat model is the price unfortunately. But nonetheless - fantastic model and on my desired list for sure.

What engine does the real car have? - there is definetly a fake piston engine of a V shape inside - it is visible on the photos.

Interesting assortment of new parts. BTW aren't those 3 panels in the middle of the hood new, too? At the front they are looking like curved 13 x 3 panels, but on the third image of the ZIP file ("42125_Front_01.jpg") they look like they're cut to 5 studs or so.

Those in-fender pieces at the rear have axle holes on each side (see "42125_Prod.jpg").

Well, so far I'm pretty pleased with all the useful new parts the coming models will provide. Hopefully LEGO will have them in stock at launch.