https://www.facebook.com/LEGOTechnic/videos/311936959806515/

New parts:

- Sian wheel arches in red
- Sian triangular curved panel #51 and #52 in red
- Curved panel 3x13 in red.
- Osprey blade in black.

169.99 USD, available on Jan 1st 2021.

Go absolutely nuts!!! Go wild!!!

Delivering prestigious wins for the Prancing Horse in the world’s toughest endurance races, the Ferrari 488 GTE is a car unlike any other. Now you can create your own LEGO® Technic™ model version, complete with authentic design details – just like on the iconic original.

Faithful detailing
With amazing attention to detail, this racing car model is a true expression of Ferrari’s endurance racer. Features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and a steering wheel that steers the car. Original stickers and authentic colors add the perfect finish to this epic model.

Escape the ordinary
This set is part of a collection of LEGO building kits for adults who appreciate excellent design. A new hands-on project for yourself, or the ideal gift for a motorsport fan, this LEGO Technic building kit provides an immersive build with a beautiful display model to enjoy.

• Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO® Technic™ model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car.
  • Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel.
  • With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO® Technic™ Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan.
  • A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport.
  • Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide.
  • Easily explore all the details packed inside, thanks to the opening doors and hood.
  • This set comes with a special building instruction book featuring exclusive content, including details about the car and the AF Corse 51 team.
  • With elegant designs and realistic functions, LEGO® Technic™ sets offer a rewarding build and models packed with impressive features for anyone interested in engineering and technology.
  • LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
  • LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet high global safety standards.
Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Defender wheels! Also oh my god so many stickers lmao. I’m definitely getting this one probably not gonna get this one as nice as it looks though, since there's no gearbox

Edited by Bartybum

i'm over the moon with this one, im a le-mans fan, and the #51 AF-corse car is pretty much GTE-royalty to me, absolutely stoked!

I hope we will see some more features then with 42096, but im not holding my breath, and honestly, ill get it even if this is just another engine+suspension jobbie.

Also, the new parts in red are good news for MOCers, and more red parts means easier to do ferrari MOCs all around, so that is excellent news.

Very interesting set with lots of recoloured parts or parts in new colour; now if I could only have those Defender rims in yellow

yeah, reading the description, no gearbox or anything i suppose, still, im stoked!

Im probably more hyped about this car then the Sian

Does anyone know what is going on with rear fenders?? And I have to say, this model looks much better than 42096 Porsche!

For me this set looks better than any other set ever released, nor any Mocer work.

I live near the belgian Francorchamps circuit and i go each year at the 6 hours endurance series.

I often see this car and i must say the designer capture it's spirit like never seen before.

Just my opinion. Instant buy for me.

more pics: https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/aboutus/news/2020/november/ferrari-488-gte?sf132928873=1

The side profile looks a bit "long nose, short tail", part count is at 1677, no mention of any features beyond engine steering and suspension.

@steph77 Cool, ive been to the 6h of spa a couple of time as well, watching the LMP1Hs walk away from these GTEs like they are standing still is nuts, although nothing beats the sound of the GTEs

Shame, description sounds like no gearbox :cry_sad: Would it not be possible for them to put in a 4-speed sequential?

Edited by Bartybum

So quick summary of new parts so far:

• Red Sian arches
  • Red Sian 5x13 tapered panels
  • Osprey blade in black
  • Red Sian arch extension?
  • White 2x3 panel
  • Black 3x5 panel plate
  • Red curved 3x13 panel

This set is looking like a really good MOC package!

Edited by LvdH

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Shame, description sounds like no gearbox :cry_sad: Would it not be possible for them to put in a 4-speed sequential?

oh absolutely, 42077 would have fit a gearbox, 42096 would have fit a gearbox, even 42111 would have fit a 2-speed

Back when 42096 came out i figured i would put a gearbox in there, but honestly, i dont have the time and perseverance to actually do a near complete re-design of the chassis

Wow, they finally released 1:8 wheel arches in a color you can actually work with *huh* Too bad its the curved ones and not the straight ones used in the Bugatti, but better than nothing. I might have to get my hands on those sometime...

But I have to say I am suprised they would use the Sian wheel arches, wihich is in 1:8 scale, in a 1:10 Scale car.

Also there is a new Overfender Piece for all you 1:10 MOCers out there, I am jealous :wink:

Also I really had to laugh at the shot where they zoomed in on the ugly Ferrari Logo Sticker just to crush any hopes there might be a single print in this set :laugh_hard:

exept for the the headlights. they not even brickbuilt, but it does seem like they are printed and not a sticker at least.

It does look like a cool build for all you Ferrari guys out there, and 170 Bucks isn't that bad for LEGO (But I still think the Cada 488 Pista is a better buy)

Edited by Gray Gear

20 minutes ago, keymaker said:

Does anyone know what is going on with rear fenders?

Looks like new fender part.

What is that part with printed headlights?

I am really curious about that overfender piece. How is it attached to the cars body? does it hook into the Wheel arch piece somehow? would that work with the older straight wheel arches as well? And could these Overfender pieces fit some 1:8 Wheels as well it you use tight fitment?

I want least one technical function without suspension, steering, engine.

Defender wheel selection is great but it will be better silver or white.

12 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

170 Bucks isn't that bad for LEGO (But I still think the Cada 488 Pista is a better buy)

I'm sure you can get the CaDA one for $170 by now, and you get twice the part count, a bluetooth LiPO box, remote, 4 motors, lights, 4 speed RC gearbox...

Once you open yourself to the Dark Side,, it's a no-brainer.

Even so, this one does have some nice parts in some nice colours. Seems like there's more new moulds than usual from Lego in the upcoming wave. Good on you, Lego :)

I really think those are not the Sian fenders, but a rounded version of the slightly smaller 911 RSR fenders. The 1:10 wheels would drown in the Sian fenders, and that is clearly not the case here. And good to see that TLG is not printing the fenders, they listened to the 911 RSR feedback I guess. The rear fender extenders are a nice addition, cool for tuning/racing car MODs/MOCs.

5 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I am really curious about that overfender piece. How is it attached to the cars body?

It is a neew wheelarch. Connection is at the both ends for some two studs.

Headlights are some printed transclear canopys or something like that.

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/aboutus/assets/blt1a4768c1d9993712/Ferrari_488_GTE_Asset_Bundle.zip

Nice Looking Set in Red 

An Osprey Revenge Set, i may say... 

I'm going to have this... better Value that 42115

12 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I really think those are not the Sian fenders, but a rounded version of the slightly smaller 911 RSR fenders. The 1:10 wheels would drown in the Sian fenders, and that is clearly not the case here. And good to see that TLG is not printing the fenders, they listened to the 911 RSR feedback I guess. The rear fender extenders are a nice addition, cool for tuning/racing car MODs/MOCs.

You are right, It is a new  roulded 13 stud wheel arch :ugh:

Ferrari.png

Seems they are indeed smaller. At least they should still fit the 1:8 wheels. I’ve seen it done plenty of times and its a perfect fit.