Terry Akuna

EMD SD40-2 ... TNTX SD40-2 T4

Very nice detailing, love the EMD engine, really great what you can do at 10 wide.

In the last two pictures, the wheels appear to be  no. 4185 Technic Wedge Belt Wheel (Pulley), is that what you're using? 

Dave

Nice collection of locolotives! I might try to reverse engineer one of these in a SP livery! Just have to find a solution for the wheels!

5 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Maersk colors are always my favorite!

Yes! I was lucky enough to get a 10219 when it released, and am now very happy about it considering the price on the secondary market... recently resurrected it from my collection!

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Maersk colors are always my favorite!

Ha - I just wanted to say the same thing: The Maersk always looks best.

I also know why: They are from Denmark. And they pay TLG big time to make it look best. No. That is a lame conspiracy theory. Hmm. The families sit together from time to time, near Billund - in a gigantic cottage/castle, drink some super expensive Whiskey, I smell Cigars (outside only of course) - the kids play inside with all Maersk Blue LEGO bricks ... and then Mr/Ms Maersk asks Mr/Ms TLG: Maersk Blue is the best ... OK, wait: :sarcasm: and wait: :pir-huzzah2:

Best
Thorsten

19 hours ago, bogieman said:

Very nice detailing, love the EMD engine, really great what you can do at 10 wide.

In the last two pictures, the wheels appear to be  no. 4185 Technic Wedge Belt Wheel (Pulley), is that what you're using? 

Dave

Yes ... they are technic pulley ... In the real builds they are custom 3D printed 24mm wheels

Great looking trains and the 'interior' looks great too. Very impressive.
It's a shame to cover it up :wink: Maybe a repair / maintenance display an idea?

Amazing work, as usual. If money is no object a neat way to display these would be a heavy overhaul facility with a couple of them in various stages of having the hood removed.

22 hours ago, Toastie said:

They are from Denmark. And they pay TLG big time to make it look best.

Interesting theory! :laugh:

In any case the image with the Maersk locomotive is the only one with a background of glass buildings ...so you can see that there is an obvious preference! :wink:

2 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Interesting theory!

Well, with all these big stories about voter fraud evolving from - well I really don't know where they're evolving form - Valhalla? No, these were Vikings, they were pretty straight out - it is really easy to see things clearly. I have another one: Maersk - when you read that >backwards< ... ksreaM, replace the ksr with L and the aM with GO (you did not see that one coming, Emanulele, did you?) and then print it in ALL caps - what do you get? Tatatataaaa ... LEGO. Why am I not surprised. I knew it.

But back on topic: These locos are just breathtakingly nice! 10-wide surely gives you some freedom, but filling that freedom with actually something this nice requires surely inspiration and superb building skills. These machines are so good-looking from the outside - and at the same time with panels etc. removed.

Fantastic work @Terry Akuna! Thanks for sharing!!!

Best wishes,
Thorsten 

On 11/24/2020 at 7:18 AM, neonic said:

Great looking trains and the 'interior' looks great too. Very impressive.
It's a shame to cover it up :wink: Maybe a repair / maintenance display an idea?

I have one of those too ..... earlier post or on in my FB albums

Beautiful Terry! Are these just computer renderings or an actual built lego model?