Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 5/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

It would be so nice if Lego in their infinite generosity included spare classic helmets and tanks in the set to complete the spacemen that are incomplete (purple, green, and gray). It would also be nice if we got a black astronaut soon so that those that missed out on the originals can get a new one.

On 5/21/2022 at 12:16 AM, Alegrispa said:

Oh, awesome. Now the black classic classic Spaceman is the only one left. Plus 3 helmet colours for legacy classice Spacemen.

My apologies if I missed this, is there a way to get a (relative) new blue classic space minifig?
I'm talking about a 'mint condition' fig rather than comically damaged Benny.

From the top of my head, the classic space minifigs/parts I collected since I came out of my dark ages (2013/2014):
- Ideas Exo Suit : Green
- CMF series 17 : Gray torso
- Benny's Space Squad : Pink, White, Yellow, 'Benny Blue'
- Lego Minfigures - A visual history : Orange
- CMF series 22 : Purple torso

I know about the Toys 'r Us classic/vintage minifig packs, but those are rather old and pricey.
If the rumour about the upcomming classic space set is correct we can add red to that list,
so if I'm not mistaken we still 'need' a black and blue minifig to complete the '70s/'80s line-up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmmm, light grey airtanks were in the original Galaxy Explorer. Maybe we will see a set of light bley airtanks in the new one, that would be nice...

That would make a light bley space guy possible if you used either a normal motorbike helmet (as was used for the green space guys in the Exo Suit) or went with the dark grey classic space helmet from the new Creator 3-in-1 submarine.

 

Edited by jonwil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The classic helmet in blue without the simulated damage has been available for a while. It was re-issued in the Ninjago Gamer’s Market set and has been available through PAB (when it was called Bricks & Pieces) though I don’t know if it still is.

Edited by AmperZand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AmperZand said:

The classic helmet in blue without the simulated damage has been available for a while. It was re-issued in the Ninjago Gamer’s Market set and has been available through PAB (when it was called Bricks & Pieces) though I don’t know if it still is.

That is correct, I ordered a few of those helmets (on PaB) as soon as I saw that Ninjago set. That still leaves the hunt for a blue torso with pristine classic space logo though :)
Ah well, maybe Lego will release a GWP or other small set with a blue and/or black classic space minifig someday .

Edited by Humdrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but there is a contest on LEGO Ideas for the next GWP and amongst the 15 finalists my submission also made it to the crowd-voting phase. If you like such GWP's and would like it to come closer to reality, be sure to cast a vote: https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/91c1198d-ec7e-4cfa-9724-1c039739d8ff

You had my vote the minute I saw it within the candidates! How have we never had such a solar system set? And what's not to love about a purple spaceman?

1 hour ago, Humdrum said:

That is correct, I ordered a few of those helmets (on PaB) as soon as I saw that Ninjago set. That still leaves the hunt for a blue torso with pristine classic space logo though :)
Ah well, maybe Lego will release a GWP or other small set with a blue and/or black classic space minifig someday .

It's unfortunate that they didn't release an "undamaged" version of that torso with the TLM sets. If you want to avoid the re-release torsos from ~10 years ago, maybe your current best option is the torso from the party Benny, which is still quite different. I have a hunch that Lego now knows and understands that classic space figure pieces are in high demand among the fans, so I suspect we might see more of these pieces in the future.

tlm205.png

Edited by 1980-Something-Space-Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but there is a contest on LEGO Ideas for the next GWP and amongst the 15 finalists my submission also made it to the crowd-voting phase. If you like such GWP's and would like it to come closer to reality, be sure to cast a vote: https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/91c1198d-ec7e-4cfa-9724-1c039739d8ff

I'm not seeing your entry when I click the link.

Oh, yours has the purple space man. It's there if you scroll down. Supported!

You know, after this Galaxy Explorer release, I might actually be tired of new Lego Space sets in blue and gray.

There are so many Space color schemes and themes to pull from. White with blue windscreens, gray with green windscreens, Blacktron, M:Tron, Space Police, Ice Planet -- especially Ice Planet because it's colors are amazing. And everything past that.

My dream come true would be a new Space theme with purple windscreens. Maybe even with a second color schemes for a competing faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, danth said:

You know, after this Galaxy Explorer release, I might actually be tired of new Lego Space sets in blue and gray.

There are so many Space color schemes and themes to pull from. White with blue windscreens, gray with green windscreens, Blacktron, M:Tron, Space Police, Ice Planet -- especially Ice Planet because it's colors are amazing. And everything past that.

My dream come true would be a new Space theme with purple windscreens. Maybe even with a second color schemes for a competing faction.

I'd love to see a revival of Space with multiple factions getting released at the same time. Sadly, I think the times for that are gone for the foreseeable future. Lego just hasn't bet on space in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but there is a contest on LEGO Ideas for the next GWP and amongst the 15 finalists my submission also made it to the crowd-voting phase. If you like such GWP's and would like it to come closer to reality, be sure to cast a vote: https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/91c1198d-ec7e-4cfa-9724-1c039739d8ff

I would vote for yours if I could but unfortunately LEGO won’t let me. I can’t participate in Ideas in any way.

I could create a separate Ideas account with a new e-mail address, but that would be more trouble than it’s worth. More importantly, it feels like I would be acquiescing to LEGO’s unfair treatment of me and I’m unwilling to compromise as a matter of principle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thank you so much@1980-Something-Space-Guy@danthand everyone who is supporting me.

I really do wish we get such a compact orrery as a set because it doesn't need it's own shelf. A purple Classic Spaceman or any other new color would just be a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That small scale planet model could certainly fit in the side building of the 2022 Spaceport, basicly change it from a garage, to an observatory+museum type of thing, voted.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know there have been discussions/rumours about trans-neon orange retirement, it's true it's currently not in any sets.

However, currently there are 7 different parts available in that color on the relaunched pick-a-brick hub so that might be good news.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are probably just parts they still have stock left.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interesting interview about the City Space mission set and that it might be a concept in development for 7 years, and now officially expanded to include bricks so it's easier to build along with the already existing Freebuild Chronicles.

https://ramblingbrick.com/2022/06/05/lego-city-missions-building-creative-confidence-roundtable-and-review/

And some freebuilds (not mine):

img_5197-1.jpg

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2022 at 6:12 AM, TeriXeri said:

And some freebuilds (not mine):

Thanks for sharing. That was as great article and I love the builds. Reminds me I need to get the animal missions set and probably a couple more Space ones...

Also I didn't know anything about Galaxy Rift. It looks awesome! Why isn't this a theme?

 d8e9o0U.png

Definitely looks like Galaxy Squad but I don't think they had air tanks. Look at those brick built creatures!

Edit: The crashed ship looks like a color swapped Galactic Titan!

 

Edited by danth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

78775_Explore%202_202206180127.jpg

It's REAL! It's really REAL!

(Everyone who constantly complains about lack of space sets should buy at least one copy! This will let Lego know Space still sells!)

per Brickset

1254 pieces

£89.99, $99.99 USD, €99.99, $179.99 AUD, $129.99 CAD

Edited by Murdoch17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just saw that this is a Mike Psiaki!

That dude is probably the best designer at LEGO right now. Still a bit heartbroken he wasn't the one to design the DeLorean and that set just turned out very basic.

Edited by Alegrispa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copied from my comment on the Brickset article:

Wow! This is so much better than I imaged from the rumors. Four seats in the cockpit! Two beds! An airlock door! A two-stage rear ramp! A clever back-hinge locking system I haven't seen on any other Galaxy Explorer build! A clever way of building the whole forward fuselage on a slant that I haven't seen on any other Galaxy Explorer build! Three point retractable landing gear! Detachable wing engine pods as space motorcycles is such a classic Lego Space feature!

Best. Lego. Spaceship. Ever!

I need three of them by this evening, Alfred. It's very important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, icm said:

Copied from my comment on the Brickset article:

Wow! This is so much better than I imaged from the rumors. Four seats in the cockpit! Two beds! An airlock door! A two-stage rear ramp! A clever back-hinge locking system I haven't seen on any other Galaxy Explorer build! A clever way of building the whole forward fuselage on a slant that I haven't seen on any other Galaxy Explorer build! Three point retractable landing gear! Detachable wing engine pods as space motorcycles is such a classic Lego Space feature!

Best. Lego. Spaceship. Ever!

I need three of them by this evening, Alfred. It's very important.

(Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking of getting three :wink:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

(Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking of getting three :wink:)

 

57 minutes ago, icm said:

Copied from my comment on the Brickset article:

Wow! This is so much better than I imaged from the rumors. Four seats in the cockpit! Two beds! An airlock door! A two-stage rear ramp! A clever back-hinge locking system I haven't seen on any other Galaxy Explorer build! A clever way of building the whole forward fuselage on a slant that I haven't seen on any other Galaxy Explorer build! Three point retractable landing gear! Detachable wing engine pods as space motorcycles is such a classic Lego Space feature!

Best. Lego. Spaceship. Ever!

I need three of them by this evening, Alfred. It's very important.

Sadly, the current limit on preorder is two from LEGO shop at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Sadly, the current limit on preorder is two from LEGO shop at home.

Who said anything about getting three at once and through preorder?

Also not available for preorder in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Shut up and take my money please LEGO.

Depending on how it goes, I will either be at the LEGO store at opening on day one to snag this or I will throw a pre-order into a Shop @ Home order alongside some parts from PaB to hit shipping/GWP thresholds. (or if they do show up at local retail, snag one on sale I guess :)

 

Edited by jonwil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.