ArtemyZotov

[MOC] Han's Mazda RX-7 VeilSide Fortune (1:8) + Instructions

Mazda RX-7 VeilSide Fortune from "The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift"

Hi all~ My English is not perfect, so I can't write long descriptions and you can find some information below.

800x533.jpg

Scale: 1:8 [1:7,7 is more accurate value]
Dimensions: 56x27x15 cm 
Weight: 2,5 kg

Features:
-    Manual model (No RC and motorized functions)
-    Working rotary engine in 1:8 scale
-    4-speed sequential transmission (one direction shifter: 1>2>3>4>1)
-    Steering with steering wheel
-    Full independent suspension (double wishbone)
-    Modular chassis
-    Openable doors, trunk and hood
-    Doors with locks

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x1023.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Full photo gallery:
https://bricksafe.com/pages/ArtemyZotov/mazda-rx-7-veilside-fortune

Instructions:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-57488

Video:

Edited by ArtemyZotov

This looks awesome! Very clean bodywork with very little gaps. Details in the engine bay and interior look great too. 

Incredible! The shaping is fantastic and the functions work pretty well, too.

Your first photo doesn't work for me. I googled the original car for reference, I suggest you add it to the first post.

Great use of the chain for the rotary engine, well done.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Your first photo doesn't work for me. I googled the original car for reference, I suggest you add it to the first post.

Great use of the chain for the rotary engine, well done.

No, the first photo is the same as video preview... I reloaded it.

Thanks all for good words~

Very nice build, and instantly recognizable.

The bodywork flows very well, and I like the headlights. Imo you should consider swapping out all those blue and red pins for black ones, they are very visible in this model.

As the self-proclaimed "Rotary-Meister"(Initial D reference rigth there) of the LEGO world I have to do my job properly :laugh_hard::

This is not how the rotary engine  works.

The crankshaft  spins a lot faster than the rotors, but in the same direction. Like this:

ac902695c3e31fa93295aa771b07bf4e.gif

I faced the same problem when I built my RX-7, and this is what I came up with. I am not saying that my design is perfect, but does work like the real thing:

I am not trying to badmouth your design, but stuff like this is triggering me :laugh_hard:

Anyways, thanks for sharing this awesome creation :classic:

Edited by Gray Gear

I know that the engine works not properly, but it is impossible for me to do realistic kinematic in this scale =) 

13 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I watched your video before, you did a great job, but I wanted to create my own engine.

Edited by ArtemyZotov

5 minutes ago, ArtemyZotov said:

I know that the engine works not properly, but it is impossible to do realistic kinematic in this scale =) 

My design is proof that it is not impossible. But I do respect the work put into it, and I like the idea using chains

Edited by Gray Gear

Excelent!!! Very good bodywork, I love what you did on the rear mudguards. Rotary engine is something fresh, even though it is not 100% accurate. Bravo! :thumbup:

A masterpiece! Already bought the instructions - they are amazing. I’m definitely building it next.

By the way, you should look into a replacement for panel 13 and 14 in orange. They’re crazy rare at the moment and you need two of each. 

7 hours ago, LvdH said:

By the way, you should look into a replacement for panel 13 and 14 in orange. They’re crazy rare at the moment and you need two of each. 

But that's precisely how many came with set 42056... I guess you need to own the Porsche and be willing to take it apart to build this model... :innocent2:

Nice build, I like that detail level on engine, and ... I think this car has best booth I've ever seen on Lego model.

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

But that's precisely how many came with set 42056... I guess you need to own the Porsche and be willing to take it apart to build this model... :innocent2:

Yep, but those are also getting more and more rare. :wink: 

I know many people buy chinese brands, so I did a collage with some variations
I like white version, but there is no ogirinal LEGO white mudguard for the front wheels.

800x800.jpg

Fantastic job, instantly recognizable!! Well done Artemy!

And the last color swaps are eye candies, already have 10 mocs in orange so it would be great if we can built it in another color combo (even if we have to buy a few knockoff parts for their color).

@lorenzo_00_h built my RX7 with chrome wheels and black interior details + maximum amount of black pins was used, looks more authentic

800x600.jpg

800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

800x603.jpg

@ArtemyZotov - I just finished this build and it was an absolute blast to put together. This was my first time putting together a build at this scale and I am hooked. Already looking for more builds like this.

Here's mine:

52637662355_2e3966e403_b.jpg
52637662360_753a723483_b.jpg

I didn't notice the rear quarter panel had fallen out while I was taking the picture.

52636706757_31095cc8dd_b.jpg
52637219211_49bb2b712c_b.jpg

52637219246_d9aecd425d_b.jpg
52637476939_2477d7cacb_b.jpg
52637662390_5bf1853f15_b.jpg

Edited by zeropsi

I saw this model is now listed in the 2024 catalog for Cada.  Do you know when they actually plan to release it and what improvements if any have been done since the original design?

6 hours ago, arcticgenes said:

I saw this model is now listed in the 2024 catalog for Cada.  Do you know when they actually plan to release it and what improvements if any have been done since the original design?

I don't know when it will be released, but I hope it will be this year. I have added motorization support (1 servo + 2 L motors + LED frontlights + LED taillights), changed lights to translucent, changed rims from black to chrome, reinforced roof, A-pillars and rear arches. You can find a photo of updated design on my Instagram.

Edited by ArtemyZotov